What would be the average shipping time to Singapore?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 109
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1622 of 530912/13/12 at 8:20pmpost #1623 of 530912/13/12 at 8:43pm
I'm currently interested in the Rugby's but having a hard time to figure out my size, even after looking at the size chart here:
These are my measurements:
Shoulders point to point 18"-18.5" (somewhere there)
Waist at the belly button is 34"-35" (fluctuates)
Neck 15" (I wear 15.5 Shirt Collars, to allow for 2 fingers)
Just to add, what does it mean that the waist is 19.5" for a Large? Wouldn't that be close to 40" in circumference? Since the site mentions the product is actually very slim, I think I'm missing something here.
I like to be well fitted, but not overly tight. Throw in the shrinkage, and having no experience with Kent Wang products before, I need some help!
Edited by Kappuccino - 12/13/12 at 9:09pmpost #1624 of 530912/13/12 at 9:04pmpost #1625 of 530912/13/12 at 9:11pmpost #1626 of 530912/13/12 at 9:17pmpost #1627 of 530912/14/12 at 1:24ampost #1628 of 530912/14/12 at 1:33am
Gents- Looking to reinvent my wardrobe. And by that, I mean go back to the basics. I want to get some iron clad suit staples that really feel like armor. While the twills look nice, I'm leaning toward other fabrics that look solid from afar, but have more texture up close, but are still ok for day-to-day wear in the office, etc. Looking at getting a getting a Navy then medium grey, light grey, and charcoal suits. The biggest condundruum I am having is with Kent's fabric choices as I don't currently have swatches in hand and I've picked out 10 different Navy and over a dozen grey's. I am leaning toward something that is solid an not too crazy, but is rich and visually interesting up close. The Birdseye and fancyweave in Navy really jumped out at me as well as the nailhead and pick-and-pick. Same with the birdseye, nailhead, and melange (fall fabric?) in grey.
For those of you that have had suits made through Kent, can you weigh in on some of the fabrics that you liked or didn't to help me narrow it down? Much appreciated.post #1629 of 530912/14/12 at 10:24amQuote:
You're a large, but at your height I expect you'll need a tailor to shorten it for you. I'm 6'1" and a large is about 1.5" too long on me.post #1630 of 530912/14/12 at 12:27pm
I am trying to introduce more classics and staples into my wardrobe so that I have a good foundation. I am looking to buy a new navy, light grey, mid-dark grey, and possibly charcoal suits. While some of the Twills look nice, I want something that can be a staple, but is more rich and interesting upon close up inspection (so something that can blend in). I love having a suit that feels like armor, not only in tailoring, but fabric and composition. Without swatches in hand its a bit hard to tell from the computer monitor. I'd love to hear input from some KW suit owners about the fabrics or those that have been able to put swatch in hand.
I'm leaning towards the Navy Birdseye (101035), Nail Head (101030), and Fancy Weave (106126) a well as the Pick-and-Picks, its a bit hard to tell the Twills
For the Greys mostly the Birdseye(101034, 0032, 101032), Nailheads (102355, 101029), Pick-and-Picks(101047, 202046, 0017) and Pindot (0032, 0026). Is the Melange(0001/0002) a mostly winter fabric?
I'm trying to not have to request 101 swatches. Thanks for the help.post #1631 of 530912/14/12 at 4:34pmpost #1632 of 530912/15/12 at 6:57ampost #1633 of 530912/15/12 at 12:20pmpost #1634 of 530912/15/12 at 6:26pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › Viberg Boots 34 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...