Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/28/14 at 7:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 94post #1396 of 447611/1/12 at 5:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1397 of 447611/1/12 at 5:42pmpost #1398 of 447611/1/12 at 6:46pmpost #1399 of 447611/2/12 at 8:26ampost #1400 of 447611/2/12 at 10:32ampost #1401 of 447611/2/12 at 10:52ampost #1402 of 447611/2/12 at 1:02pmThread StarterQuote:
It is not a limited edition. I think restricting supply to increase value is silly. Value should be intrinsic—i.e. simply, is it a good watch or not.
The watch movement is by BWAF, which is the highest quality watchmaker in China. Of course for $350 this is not going to be made in Switzerland, though there are many Swiss brands that are charging more than $1000 for watches that are actually made in China, or are using Chinese movements, that are objectively inferior to my watch.Quote:Originally Posted by OptoDoc
Thanks for the reply, Kent. The AE leather just seems thicker I guess. I wasnt complaining as much as I was just trying to become educated on what quality leather looks and feels like. I love the shoe! It is so comfortable. Will there be more offerings in the future on this last? Also, do your handgrade models fit similarly? I'd love a pair of those single monks!
There are two handgrade lasts, a rounded last and a chiseled one. Both are slightly different from the benchgrade last. There is only one benchgrade last.
The handgrade shoes may be restocked in three months or so. Hard to say.post #1403 of 447611/2/12 at 1:13pmpost #1404 of 447611/2/12 at 3:20pmThread Starterpost #1405 of 447611/3/12 at 2:57ampost #1406 of 447611/4/12 at 6:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Just to be clear, I designed this watch. I don't intend on being a retailer for BWAF. While their own branded watches look pretty nice, I prefer to only sell things that I design.
If the Bauhaus watch sells well I might make an art deco formal watch, but that might be years away.
Seems like an awesome value! I don't think I have ever seen an automatic in this price range.post #1407 of 447611/4/12 at 9:28ampost #1408 of 447611/4/12 at 9:48ampost #1409 of 447611/5/12 at 12:42amNot sure I searched long enough but I could not get where the benchgrade shoes are made, any information on the forum?
Oups, 30 seconds longer search result:
"The benchgrade shoes are made by a different shoemaker in Vietnam, also using European leathers. Although I'm calling them benchgrade, they still feature a great deal of handwork, Asia being the last place this can be done affordably. With goodyear welt construction, channeled soles, and hand antiquing they rival Crockett & Jones handgrade, at a much lower price. I will probably do a version of the captoe balmoral in black in a few months."post #1410 of 447611/5/12 at 5:56amI will begin interviewing for a new job in the near future and I'm searching for a charcoal suit. What do you guys think about the Charcoal RTW suit? I need an athletic cut (44R/34/35 pant) suit and the description says slim cut so that concerns me. How long does it take for delivery once its ordered? Many thanks!
Charcoal RTW suit
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread just now
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 20 seconds ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...