Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:22pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 94post #1396 of 566711/1/12 at 5:41pmpost #1397 of 566711/1/12 at 5:42pmpost #1398 of 566711/1/12 at 6:46pmpost #1399 of 566711/2/12 at 8:26ampost #1400 of 566711/2/12 at 10:32ampost #1401 of 566711/2/12 at 10:52ampost #1402 of 566711/2/12 at 1:02pmThread StarterQuote:
It is not a limited edition. I think restricting supply to increase value is silly. Value should be intrinsic—i.e. simply, is it a good watch or not.
The watch movement is by BWAF, which is the highest quality watchmaker in China. Of course for $350 this is not going to be made in Switzerland, though there are many Swiss brands that are charging more than $1000 for watches that are actually made in China, or are using Chinese movements, that are objectively inferior to my watch.Quote:Originally Posted by OptoDoc
Thanks for the reply, Kent. The AE leather just seems thicker I guess. I wasnt complaining as much as I was just trying to become educated on what quality leather looks and feels like. I love the shoe! It is so comfortable. Will there be more offerings in the future on this last? Also, do your handgrade models fit similarly? I'd love a pair of those single monks!
There are two handgrade lasts, a rounded last and a chiseled one. Both are slightly different from the benchgrade last. There is only one benchgrade last.
The handgrade shoes may be restocked in three months or so. Hard to say.post #1403 of 566711/2/12 at 1:13pmpost #1404 of 566711/2/12 at 3:20pmThread Starterpost #1405 of 566711/3/12 at 2:57ampost #1406 of 566711/4/12 at 6:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Just to be clear, I designed this watch. I don't intend on being a retailer for BWAF. While their own branded watches look pretty nice, I prefer to only sell things that I design.
If the Bauhaus watch sells well I might make an art deco formal watch, but that might be years away.
Seems like an awesome value! I don't think I have ever seen an automatic in this price range.post #1407 of 566711/4/12 at 9:28ampost #1408 of 566711/4/12 at 9:48ampost #1409 of 566711/5/12 at 12:42amNot sure I searched long enough but I could not get where the benchgrade shoes are made, any information on the forum?
Oups, 30 seconds longer search result:
"The benchgrade shoes are made by a different shoemaker in Vietnam, also using European leathers. Although I'm calling them benchgrade, they still feature a great deal of handwork, Asia being the last place this can be done affordably. With goodyear welt construction, channeled soles, and hand antiquing they rival Crockett & Jones handgrade, at a much lower price. I will probably do a version of the captoe balmoral in black in a few months."post #1410 of 566711/5/12 at 5:56amI will begin interviewing for a new job in the near future and I'm searching for a charcoal suit. What do you guys think about the Charcoal RTW suit? I need an athletic cut (44R/34/35 pant) suit and the description says slim cut so that concerns me. How long does it take for delivery once its ordered? Many thanks!
Charcoal RTW suit
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 11 minutes ago
- › BNIB Crockett & Jones MTO Ledbury Walnut size 6UK / 40EU last 341E 13 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 17 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 26 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding