Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 4/27/15 at 1:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 94post #1396 of 480311/1/12 at 5:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1397 of 480311/1/12 at 5:42pmpost #1398 of 480311/1/12 at 6:46pmpost #1399 of 480311/2/12 at 8:26ampost #1400 of 480311/2/12 at 10:32ampost #1401 of 480311/2/12 at 10:52ampost #1402 of 480311/2/12 at 1:02pmThread StarterQuote:
It is not a limited edition. I think restricting supply to increase value is silly. Value should be intrinsic—i.e. simply, is it a good watch or not.
The watch movement is by BWAF, which is the highest quality watchmaker in China. Of course for $350 this is not going to be made in Switzerland, though there are many Swiss brands that are charging more than $1000 for watches that are actually made in China, or are using Chinese movements, that are objectively inferior to my watch.Quote:Originally Posted by OptoDoc
Thanks for the reply, Kent. The AE leather just seems thicker I guess. I wasnt complaining as much as I was just trying to become educated on what quality leather looks and feels like. I love the shoe! It is so comfortable. Will there be more offerings in the future on this last? Also, do your handgrade models fit similarly? I'd love a pair of those single monks!
There are two handgrade lasts, a rounded last and a chiseled one. Both are slightly different from the benchgrade last. There is only one benchgrade last.
The handgrade shoes may be restocked in three months or so. Hard to say.post #1403 of 480311/2/12 at 1:13pmpost #1404 of 480311/2/12 at 3:20pmThread Starterpost #1405 of 480311/3/12 at 2:57ampost #1406 of 480311/4/12 at 6:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Just to be clear, I designed this watch. I don't intend on being a retailer for BWAF. While their own branded watches look pretty nice, I prefer to only sell things that I design.
If the Bauhaus watch sells well I might make an art deco formal watch, but that might be years away.
Seems like an awesome value! I don't think I have ever seen an automatic in this price range.post #1407 of 480311/4/12 at 9:28ampost #1408 of 480311/4/12 at 9:48ampost #1409 of 480311/5/12 at 12:42amNot sure I searched long enough but I could not get where the benchgrade shoes are made, any information on the forum?
Oups, 30 seconds longer search result:
"The benchgrade shoes are made by a different shoemaker in Vietnam, also using European leathers. Although I'm calling them benchgrade, they still feature a great deal of handwork, Asia being the last place this can be done affordably. With goodyear welt construction, channeled soles, and hand antiquing they rival Crockett & Jones handgrade, at a much lower price. I will probably do a version of the captoe balmoral in black in a few months."post #1410 of 480311/5/12 at 5:56amI will begin interviewing for a new job in the near future and I'm searching for a charcoal suit. What do you guys think about the Charcoal RTW suit? I need an athletic cut (44R/34/35 pant) suit and the description says slim cut so that concerns me. How long does it take for delivery once its ordered? Many thanks!
Charcoal RTW suit
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 16 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 37 seconds ago
- › NWT Theory Grey Wool Dress Trousers 34 Waist 1 minute ago
- › NWOT Luigi Borrelli Light Blue Dress Shirt 15.5R 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Hiltl Dayne Cotton Trousers 36 x 38 Contemporary Fit 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan