or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 84

post #1246 of 4435
Thanks, actually doesn't look too bad in that photo to me, a bit hard to tell though. I think my navy polo sits about there... (size L, im 6")
post #1247 of 4435
Can someone remind me of the lead time on a suit? If I order a stock size now (like a 40R in charcoal), when will I get it in the mail? I'm a 40L, so I will definitely need to adjust measurements and send back for a MTM, so I know that will take some time, but was there a long wait to get the initial suit? I'm moving in a few weeks, so I wonder if it will be better just to get the suit mailed to my new address if it won't make it here before I move.
post #1248 of 4435
Also, I hate all my suits and I'm starting over from scratch, so this KW will be my first real "keeper" suit. I need a solid navy and a mid grey (probably will get navy first), both single-breasted, 2-button (or maybe 2-roll-3), with notch lapels and made in 4-season fabrics.

Any ideas on which fabrics will work best for me? Would something like a birdseye be too bold for a staple navy suit? I was thinking maybe something like this.

Or, should I just keep it simple and go for a solid twill like this basic fabric or maybe this Gladson in navy, and maybe this basic or this Gladson in grey? So many choices for fabrics, it's easy to lose your mind looking at all these!
post #1249 of 4435
Thread Starter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Also, Kent, do you have any plans to introduce MtM coats for the winter?

Maybe. There's a 50% chance it'll be ready this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Kent is the lavender polo the colour it is on your site, or the colour in the following two photos?
http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-lavender.html
http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/20/525x525px-LL-20774a67_vbattach66485.jpg
http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/KentWangPolo-1-550x366.jpg
Looks a lot darker in your own picture. Thanks.

I think it's somewhere in the middle. I'll have to change my photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Can someone remind me of the lead time on a suit? If I order a stock size now (like a 40R in charcoal), when will I get it in the mail? I'm a 40L, so I will definitely need to adjust measurements and send back for a MTM, so I know that will take some time, but was there a long wait to get the initial suit? I'm moving in a few weeks, so I wonder if it will be better just to get the suit mailed to my new address if it won't make it here before I move.

I have 40 jacket and 34 trousers in stock. 32 and 36 trousers will be in stock in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Also, I hate all my suits and I'm starting over from scratch, so this KW will be my first real "keeper" suit. I need a solid navy and a mid grey (probably will get navy first), both single-breasted, 2-button (or maybe 2-roll-3), with notch lapels and made in 4-season fabrics.
Any ideas on which fabrics will work best for me? Would something like a birdseye be too bold for a staple navy suit? I was thinking maybe something like this.
Or, should I just keep it simple and go for a solid twill like this basic fabric or maybe this Gladson in navy, and maybe this basic or this Gladson in grey? So many choices for fabrics, it's easy to lose your mind looking at all these!

If you're starting over, get charcoal. It's slightly more formal than navy, and you could wear it to a funeral. The Basic mill fabrics are a good value. The trial suit is already spec'ed out to be the ideal first suit; don't over think it and try to, as the Chinese phrases goes, paint legs on a snake.

post #1250 of 4435
Kent,

I'm SO ready for those coats. Let me know if you need a smaller guinea pig ;D.
Are the F/W fabrics coming up soon? I've taken my notes and photos when I had the books, but I want to also see your own photos to confirm my memory.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Also, I hate all my suits and I'm starting over from scratch, so this KW will be my first real "keeper" suit. I need a solid navy and a mid grey (probably will get navy first), both single-breasted, 2-button (or maybe 2-roll-3), with notch lapels and made in 4-season fabrics.
Any ideas on which fabrics will work best for me? Would something like a birdseye be too bold for a staple navy suit? I was thinking maybe something like this.
Or, should I just keep it simple and go for a solid twill like this basic fabric or maybe this Gladson in navy, and maybe this basic or this Gladson in grey? So many choices for fabrics, it's easy to lose your mind looking at all these!
I have that gladson in gray, and it is a fantastic year-round cloth. The basic twills are actually very nice too, and compare well to much higher-priced retail suits.
post #1251 of 4435
Quote:
Can someone remind me of the lead time on a suit? If I order a stock size now (like a 40R in charcoal), when will I get it in the mail? I'm a 40L, so I will definitely need to adjust measurements and send back for a MTM, so I know that will take some time, but was there a long wait to get the initial suit? I'm moving in a few weeks, so I wonder if it will be better just to get the suit mailed to my new address if it won't make it here before I move.

 

I think the answer is "it depends" - both on what you intend to order and what your definition of "a few weeks" is. If you intend to order something in a different fabric than the RTW charcoal, then you should send them an email when placing your order to indicate this; at least that's what I was told. I get the impression (this is all purely speculative, mind you), that because you intend to return the RTW suit because you are using it only for sizing, that this means you'll get sent the same pieces that others are trying on for the same reasons. I would guess that if you didn't email them or you intend to buy the charcoal suit then you'd get a new one, and I won't speculate on how long that takes, but if previous experience with other products of theirs is any indication, it's "a few days". The strategy makes sense for sizing, as they are essentially sacrificing pants/jackets in various sizes to be sent around and tried on by a lot of people - I don't think anyone would want to buy a "new" suit which had been tried on by 15 people and shipped all over the country in the process.

 

On a personal note, I intend to have a sportcoat made, but opted to try the pants on anyways in case I want a suit made in the future (note: the pants are pretty slim, and I should have ordered up a size (or even two - they are pretty slim!) because they run true to size in the waist, unlike 99% of the cheap pants I buy off the rack, so they didn't fit me well at all). I received the pants and the jacket at different times, and that was because they were with different customers, which is what led me to my speculation above. In my case it took two weeks to get swatches and pants from the day I placed the order, and I don't yet have the jacket, although it was just shipped. I am then told it will take a couple of days for the measurements and another 3 weeks or so once that is said and done for them to make and ship the jacket. Hope that helps.

 

By the way, since you mentioned the navy birdseye and twill fabrics: I also like the birdseye; you might also consider the pick-and-pick or the nailhead if you want something that's effectively solid but with a little surface interest.

post #1252 of 4435

Do you plan on stocking any Short models of your RTW suit? I am specifically looking for a 42 Short. Also, how much distance is there between the last button and the end of the cuff? I am curious how much the sleeves can be shorted with the working button holes.

 

Also, do you have any updates on when the black plain-toe balmorals will be restocked?  Thanks

post #1253 of 4435
Thread Starter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Are the F/W fabrics coming up soon? 

They're probably not going to be photographed at all, since my photographer is backlogged. We can only send the swatches to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topos View Post

this is all purely speculative

Quite simply, some sizes of the trial suit are currently at other customers and will take some time to ship. Some are currently in our possession and are ready to ship immediately. You can email sales@kentwang.com to inquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Do you plan on stocking any Short models of your RTW suit? I am specifically looking for a 42 Short. Also, how much distance is there between the last button and the end of the cuff? I am curious how much the sleeves can be shorted with the working button holes.

 

Also, do you have any updates on when the black plain-toe balmorals will be restocked?  Thanks

I don't plan on offering short sizes in RTW since you can just have that done as MTM. The distance from the cuff to the first buttonhole is 1.75". I think you could decrease it by 1" and it'll still look ok.

 

The benchgrade shoes should be restocked tomorrow.

post #1254 of 4435

.

post #1255 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

I have 40 jacket and 34 trousers in stock. 32 and 36 trousers will be in stock in a few days.
If you're starting over, get charcoal. It's slightly more formal than navy, and you could wear it to a funeral. The Basic mill fabrics are a good value. The trial suit is already spec'ed out to be the ideal first suit; don't over think it and try to, as the Chinese phrases goes, paint legs on a snake.

thanks, this is solid advice....I'll just get a bunch of swatches with the trial suit and see which one I like best out of some of the standard navy/grey/charcoal choices, which should keep me from painting any legs on a snake. I wish I would have read that story a couple years ago! Could have saved me some time and money from making a bunch of ill-advised purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

The benchgrade shoes should be restocked tomorrow.

this may actually put my suit purchase on hold for a bit...I need some shoes more than I need a suit right now, and I don't know if I can afford the suit + shoes all at the same time.
post #1256 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
I don't plan on offering short sizes in RTW since you can just have that done as MTM. The distance from the cuff to the first buttonhole is 1.75". I think you could decrease it by 1" and it'll still look ok.

Is trouser rise something that can be tweaked in the MTM process? I am long-waisted, so I generally prefer a slightly higher-than-normal rise trouser, but from my understanding, yours are on the low side. Also, do you recommend having a tailor come up with the adjustments to the try-on garment, or is this something that I can do via sending you photographs of me wearing the try-on?

post #1257 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Is trouser rise something that can be tweaked in the MTM process? I am long-waisted, so I generally prefer a slightly higher-than-normal rise trouser, but from my understanding, yours are on the low side. Also, do you recommend having a tailor come up with the adjustments to the try-on garment, or is this something that I can do via sending you photographs of me wearing the try-on?

Yes.  I took my pants up 2cm from the original.  May go 1cm higher on the next suit.

post #1258 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Yes.  I took my pants up 2cm from the original.  May go 1cm higher on the next suit.


Did the 2cm increase get it into "regular" territory?

post #1259 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Thanks, actually doesn't look too bad in that photo to me, a bit hard to tell though. I think my navy polo sits about there... (size L, im 6")

No problem. I actually just today, tried it on with a pair of shorts I would wear, and it is definitely wearable. It is so beautiful I can't part with it :P

I snapped this photo just now, for a better representation of color.

post #1260 of 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post


Did the 2cm increase get it into "regular" territory?

 

I assume it's going to be different on varying body types and fit preferences.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread