or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 66

post #976 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I didn't make it to 1st last year till after the All Star break. I never relinquished my hold until that gnat beat me in the final round of the playoffs.

Beware.

You've still never beaten me. I'm glad I give you something to live for.
post #977 of 1312
Only multiple injuries will derail, at the least, my taking the #1 seed. My pitching staff is next level, my already potent offense now bolstered by the ridiculousness of Joe Mauer. I have but one category I will not dominate, that being saves, but I still have 2 closers there (thanks for Hoffman!).
post #978 of 1312
Steve, I'll trade you a bag of rusty razor blades for Pavano. I think the razors would hurt you less.
post #979 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
Only multiple injuries will derail, at the least, my taking the #1 seed. My pitching staff is next level, my already potent offense now bolstered by the ridiculousness of Joe Mauer. I have but one category I will not dominate, that being saves, but I still have 2 closers there (thanks for Hoffman!).

I have no problem with this as long as I'm ahead of Steve. I called the number two spot months ago.
post #980 of 1312
Are you panicking already? Whats with the fire sale?
post #981 of 1312
Uh...JP Howell is a closer and LaTroy Hawkins no longer is.

Carl Pavano may singlehandedly cost me this week and Gil Meche has had two straight excellent outings.

Not as humorous as you dropping Branyan for Lopez, then picking him up again. I should have paid more attention to that one.

I would never panic against the likes of you.
post #982 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Carl Pavano may singlehandedly cost me this week

I love how you've already accepted defeat. Way to think like a loser.
If your team isn't able to overcome a bad start or two, you don't deserve to win. Hell, Wandy stunk it up worse than Pavano... I'm not crying about it. I still have your number.
post #983 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I own Cabrera and was offered CC. From what you say - I should accept (?)

I'd take it in a heartbeat. A guy that can practically guarantee you a category week in week out is pretty invaluable, plus I'd take the TB offense over detroit any day.

Unless you're winning steals anyway and desperately need rbis/hrs, obviously.
post #984 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
I love how you've already accepted defeat. Way to think like a loser.
If your team isn't able to overcome a bad start or two, you don't deserve to win. Hell, Wandy stunk it up worse than Pavano... I'm not crying about it. I still have your number.

Yes- you will be on the short end of a 3-6 or a 2-7 number.
post #985 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Yes- you will be on the short end of a 3-6 or a 2-7 number.

You are a funny guy, but I think all those drugs you did in the sixties damaged your brain.
post #986 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You are a funny guy, but I think all those drugs you did in the sixties damaged your brain.

Dude, I was 11 exiting the decade and didn't do my first drug until well after that.

Neither you nor j believe this, but I don't do any now.

Ibanez is down. It could only be 4-6.
post #987 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Dude, I was 11 exiting the decade and didn't do my first drug until well after that.

Neither you nor j believe this, but I don't do any now.

Ibanez is down. It could only be 4-6.


It amuses me that when I make predictions (many of which end up being pretty close) It is hubris, and when you do it, its justified. Even though you are currently trailing me by 4.

It just so happens that I always think I'm going to beat you. It's just because I always have better players, and strategy than you do. You are the John McCain to my Barack Obama, if you will. How does it feel?
post #988 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
It amuses me that when I make predictions (many of which end up being pretty close) It is hubris, and when you do it, its justified. Even though you are currently trailing me by 4.

It just so happens that I always think I'm going to beat you. It's just because I always have better players, and strategy than you do. You are the John McCain to my Barack Obama, if you will. How does it feel?

Actually your lead is tenuous at best- 6-4. And I'm well within striking distance in all categories.

Because the earth turns on its axis.

Therefore the coyote is beloved as is Sylvester.

Tweetie and the Roadrunner are wished their comeuppance by peoplez everywhere.
post #989 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Because the earth turns on its axis. Therefore the coyote is beloved as is Sylvester. Tweetie and the Roadrunner are wished their comeuppance by peoplez everywhere.
I think little Stevie Wonder got into the wine tonight... The above is nearly incoherent. Did you seriously just compare yourself to inept, antagonistic, cartoon punching bags, who's sole purpose for existing is to play comic foil to the more intelligent and prepared main character? I don't think I could have put it better myself, actually. I don't think people have started to pity you like they do Wile E Coyote though. I wouldn't push the sympathy angle too hard yet. Give it another 40 years or so of futility against me and we'll see where you stand.
post #990 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Actually your lead is tenuous at best- 6-4.

When I wrote what I wrote, it was 7-3 smartass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009