or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 43

post #631 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Goddamn, you dudes take this seriously. I draft on instinct. Be afraid, very very afraid.

Shit is serious business yo.
post #632 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Goddamn, you dudes take this seriously. I draft on instinct. Be afraid, very very afraid.

Fantasy sports is what separates men from animals.
post #633 of 1312
So do we discuss trades here?

All my players are available.... Russel Martin, Carl Crawford, etc....
post #634 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
And I wouldn't say I spend 80 solid hours for one draft. I'd say that probably covers all three of my drafts.

I started making my draft board about three weeks ago. I update it based on spring training, WBC, and ADP draft sheets. Then I take my player projections and tailor them to three sets of league rules.

Sabremetric Slim.

Scary.
post #635 of 1312
I'm the guy that took Wieters in the 10th...because I was at Ultra during the draft. I did get some guys I'm very high on, though, like Wieters, Furcal, and Slowey.

Anyway Wieters is a great value given that I can snag a middle-of-the-road guy from FA until he's called up in May/June. Then he rakes between June and September! Anyway, the middle-of-the-road waiver claim is pending.

Lone Fish Fan

C - Wieters
1B - Howard, Morneau
2B - Cano (ugh)
SS- Furcal (yes)
3B - Zimmerman
OF - Victorino, Suzuki, Upton
Bench - Choo, Burrell, Loney, Glaus (DL)

SP - Joba, Myers, Slowey, Danks
RP - Lidge, Cordero, Marmol

The result is a typical autodraft roster which is weak all around with few sleeper chances. Without autodraft I would have taken Rollins over Howard, Utley over Upton, Kemp over Suzuki, and Bruce over Cano.

Anyway, I'm stacked at 1B...anyone looking to trade?
post #636 of 1312
I looks like you took Marmol 24 hours too early.
post #637 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakz View Post
I'm the guy that took Wieters in the 10th...because I was at Ultra during the draft. I did get some guys I'm very high on, though, like Wieters, Furcal, and Slowey.

Anyway Wieters is a great value given that I can snag a middle-of-the-road guy from FA until he's called up in May/June. Then he rakes between June and September! Anyway, the middle-of-the-road waiver claim is pending.

Lone Fish Fan

C - Wieters
1B - Howard, Morneau
2B - Cano (ugh)
SS- Furcal (yes)
3B - Zimmerman
OF - Victorino, Suzuki, Upton
Bench - Choo, Burrell, Loney, Glaus (DL)

SP - Joba, Myers, Slowey, Danks
RP - Lidge, Cordero, Marmol

The result is a typical autodraft roster which is weak all around with few sleeper chances. Without autodraft I would have taken Rollins over Howard, Utley over Upton, Kemp over Suzuki, and Bruce over Cano.

Anyway, I'm stacked at 1B...anyone looking to trade?

You went to Ultra? I am getting so old. I went to the first one that they had. I think this was like the 10th time they have done that festival.

I used to go to Winter Music Conference in the 1990's. I worked for the WMC a few times.

You dropped two players, so i am guessing you are going to snag someone off of waivers. Who could it be? A certain closer on Chicago?
post #638 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakz View Post
1B - Howard, Morneau

Anyway, I'm stacked at 1B...anyone looking to trade?

What are you looking for? I could use a 1st baseman.
post #639 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
You dropped two players, so i am guessing you are going to snag someone off of waivers. Who could it be? A certain closer on Chicago?

Negative, that would be me.
post #640 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
Negative, that would be me.


There are a few good players available. Both hitters and pitchers.
post #641 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
There are a few good players available. Both hitters and pitchers.

You guys should try picking up as many people as possible. I just checked the teams again and DAMN I'm looking good.

I think I'm going to win this easily...and you know what that means. Balls in my mouth fellas. I can't wait.
post #642 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
You guys should try picking up as many people as possible. I just checked the teams again and DAMN I'm looking good.

I think I'm going to win this easily...and you know what that means. Balls in my mout fellas. I can't wait.


at this point it is really hard to tell. There are always going to be some Cliff Lee, Carlos Quentin, Ricky Nolasco, Ryan Ludwick type of players who come out of nowhere. And that is what shifts the balance of power, in my opinion.
post #643 of 1312
Jorge Posada Aubrey Huff Dan Uggla Adrián Béltre Jimmy Rollins Vladimir Guerrero Matt Holliday Nate McLouth Johnny Damon Bench Nick Swisher Adam Lind Johan Santana Daisuke Matsuzaka Joe Nathan Joakim Soria Justin Verlander Ted Lilly Mike Pelfrey Bench Ben Sheets Justin Duchscherer Joel Hanrahan i think its decent. Lot of power hitters. Great relivers. Decent starters.
post #644 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye View Post
Jorge Posada
Aubrey Huff
Dan Uggla
Adrián Béltre
Jimmy Rollins
Vladimir Guerrero
Matt Holliday
Nate McLouth
Johnny Damon

Bench
Nick Swisher
Adam Lind

Johan Santana
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Joe Nathan
Joakim Soria
Justin Verlander
Ted Lilly
Mike Pelfrey

Bench
Ben Sheets
Justin Duchscherer
Joel Hanrahan


i think its decent. Lot of power hitters. Great relivers. Decent starters.

Where are your steals, saves and runs coming from though?
post #645 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Where are your steals, saves and runs coming from though?

One of my guys, maybe??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009