Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 28

post #406 of 1312
Quote:
A: I never asked for your comments, help, or insults with any of my fantasy teams. You just decided to volunteer them, mostly the insults. You keep misremembering things like that, and people are going to start thinking you are just a plain old liar.

You posted them in a thread about Fantasy and asked everyone for their opinion. I rendered it and you took umbrage. Then the insults started and have been pretty even on both sides. I don't think anyone gives a shit about who says what between you and I.

Quote:
B: Generally, when people are repeatedly bested by someone in a series of fair contests, they have the grace and courtesy to shut the hell up and stop insulting them. Your antagonistic and insulting nature seem to be about all their is to you though, and your excuses as to why you continue to lose, underperform, make mistakes, and generally flail around like you are clueless are transparent and annoying.

You have won so far. But I don't give up. Ever. Especially amidst your rain of insults. If the situation were reversed would you do anything different?

Quote:
I mean, seriously. You seriously expect anyone to believe that you are dead last in saves because it was your strategy? Amusing. So why did you waste three draft picks on closers? You must have decided to change your strategy after the season started. Which makes it less of a "strategy" and more of a "oh shit, i have to try and salvage something worthwhile out of my poor judgment". It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to debunk that stupid excuse. Enjoy your "domination" in the HLD category.

Holds are worth as much as saves. You drafted one holder. I drafted 3 holders and 2 closers. Bettancourt was a holder at the time, and has had a shitty year, like Perez did for you. So we dropped them. Holders are more valuable than closers but I'm not going to tell you why if you can't figure it out on your own.

At any rate, the closers you drafted have worked out very well for you. As have your free agent pickups. As have mine- whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

I change my strategy constantly after the season starts if the players I drafted to do a certain function don't do it. I'm not prescient. In every season in every sport there are surprises, good and bad. For instance- I drafted Taveras and Pierre for stolen bases, and they sucked so I dropped them. We can argue all day on who's dominating whom at what but it's really pretty even.

The standings will reflect this tomorrow morning. I've picked up a shitload of games on you the last 2 weeks, but the first two weeks you won the games I had to pick up.

You are misinformed about who would have won this week, however. It would have been me- 9-6-2. Not 13-3, but a win nevertheless.

Re the Yahoo season rankings-.

1. Your numbers on hitters are correct. I forgot about Martinez, but he's one of those guys you don't drop- like Sabathia, who's at 1113 or something.

2. However, my numbers for pitchers are pretty much as superior as yours for hitters. I could do the math, but it's counterproductive at this point.

And I do have 5 players in the Top 20; you have 3. You have 2 in the Top 10, I have 0.

Quote:
All you have to do is keep your mouth shut and stop saying stupid, and obviously fallacious statements like that and maybe people would think you were less of a buffoon. As it is, you have a lot of gall questioning anything I do, insulting any moves I make, or belittling my team in any way - since you have STILL never beaten me, and maybe never will. I'm just smarter, better prepared, and just have more skill and luck than you. I've proven it over and over again. I continue to prove it.

At this point I don't think anyone else gives a shit what either of us thinks and I'll wager they're getting pretty tired of it.

Surprisingly enough we are also even on who talks trash first. You started it on the FBB site and I started it in this thread. Then I left it alone till you started it back up again.

I don't take this personally. To me it's all in good fun and if it's not for you there's nothing I can do about that. It's your choice.

I'm spending far too much time arguing with you on stupid shit like this.
post #407 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You got anything left in the tank, Whacked? Now would be a good time for a weekend come-from-behind surprise victory. I bet Steve is wearing his rally-cap for you.

Looks like it's a tie, unless my back-of-an-envelop calculations fail. I almost pulled off a comeback. Almost. Friggin' Wakefield and Chad Qualls did me in.
post #408 of 1312
Quote:
Looks like it's a tie, unless my back-of-an-envelop calculations fail. I almost pulled off a comeback. Almost. Friggin' Wakefield and Chad Qualls did me in.

I don't want to infuriate Slim, and Yahoo may adjust the numbers tonight (StatTracker seems way behind for some reason), but you won 9-8.
post #409 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
You posted them in a thread about Fantasy and asked everyone for their opinion. I rendered it and you took umbrage. Then the insults started and have been pretty even on both sides. I don't think anyone gives a shit about who says what between you and I.

No, I repeat, I did not ask for anyone's opinion. I have never asked for your opinion, your insults, or anything else. Go read the damn thread.
post #410 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
Looks like it's a tie, unless my back-of-an-envelop calculations fail. I almost pulled off a comeback. Almost. Friggin' Wakefield and Chad Qualls did me in.

Good show. I can't believe how close that was!
post #411 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

1. Your numbers on hitters are correct. I forgot about Martinez, but he's one of those guys you don't drop- like Sabathia, who's at 1113 or something.

You just got done berating me for being inflexible and unwilling to drop Sabbathia.
Quote:
2. However, my numbers for pitchers are pretty much as superior as yours for hitters. I could do the math, but it's counterproductive at this point.

If you use the stats that show current performance, last month for example. Your current pitchers have an average rank of 202.6. I am right behind you at 209.7

That doesn't seem like much of an unbeatable advantage for you. And "counterproductive"? Only to your argument that you are so damn superior.
Quote:
Surprisingly enough we are also even on who talks trash first. You started it on the FBB site and I started it in this thread. Then I left it alone till you started it back up again.

Uh... the baseball league was started by me, well after you talked shit in this thread. It was started by me because, despite all your 'experience' in fantasy sports, you didn't know how to invite people to the league, manage a league, or operate your computer.


Quote:
I'm spending far too much time arguing with you on stupid shit like this.

I agree that you are spending too much time arguing.
post #412 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I don't want to infuriate Slim, and Yahoo may adjust the numbers tonight (StatTracker seems way behind for some reason), but you won 9-8.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Good show. I can't believe how close that was!

Good game, Slim. May be I did have something up my sleeve after all...
post #413 of 1312
Slim:

Fine. You're correct about everything.

I offered to drop the matter.

Do you want to or not?

Steve
post #414 of 1312
Who else is up for some F Football?

Warren (drizzzt3117) commissioner? Slim?
post #415 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Who else is up for some F Football? Warren (drizzzt3117) commissioner? Slim?
I am in as always. Be ready.
post #416 of 1312
Count me in if the drizzt (who still checks the forum every once in a while despite being on a posting hiatus) is in.

Me. Wants. Revenge.
post #417 of 1312
It's a lock. Informal survey: Just what the hell have you people been doing with your Sundays (or in my case weekends) during the off-season? Feel like I've been bored out of my mind.
post #418 of 1312
Count me in.
Jets!!!!!
post #419 of 1312
5 so far. I'll PM Drizz.

Who else played last year?
post #420 of 1312
Can't leave out the Muppet Babies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009