or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 86

post #1276 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
You guys are both acting like children. Thanks for ruining the league this year.
You're welcome. FWIW, I apologize for doing any damage to or aggravating anyone other than Steve. None of you deserve to play with cheaters and people who act like spoiled, selfish bitches either. I just can't take it anymore. He must be stopped. The last time I struck someone out of anger, which was nine years ago... he was a drunk who didn't know when to stop being an annoying bitch, so I kicked him and sent him to the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. If I could have just kicked Steve instead of fucking up the league, I would have rather done that instead.
post #1277 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You're welcome.

FWIW, I apologize for doing any damage to or aggravating anyone other than Steve. None of you deserve to play with cheaters and people who act like spoiled, selfish bitches either. I just can't take it anymore. He must be stopped.

You are not aggravating anyone. My only chance of winning it is if you continue to bench you players. Thanks.
(I hope Steve doesn't read - but do you mind trading me all of your best players. This way I can make sure he doesn't win)
post #1278 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
You guys are both acting like children. Thanks for ruining the league this year.

Sorry, Brian.

I believe I did my best to minimize the situation.
post #1279 of 1312
^ That was pretty funny. Especially since you created the entire situation, refuse to apologize for being a dick, and basically told us you'd cheat if you felt like it, because that's how your other league does things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I believe I did my best to escalate the situation.
post #1280 of 1312
Is this whole thing just a big joke on the rest of us?

If so, well done.
post #1281 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Is this whole thing just a big joke on the rest of us?

If so, well done.

I wish it were funny.

Generally speaking though, I don't make jokes that involve me wasting half a year of planning and work just so I don't feel like I'm allowing someone to get away with treating other people like shit.
post #1282 of 1312
Edinatlanta's team is really sad. I haven't put up any numbers since Thursday night, and he's still going to lose 7-3 to me.
post #1283 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Edinatlanta's team is really sad. I haven't put up any numbers since Thursday night, and he's still going to lose 7-3 to me.

I was just about to post about that. This is beyond sad. It is almost an achievement in of itself.
post #1284 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
The last time I struck someone out of anger, which was nine years ago... he was a drunk who didn't know when to stop being an annoying bitch, so I kicked him and sent him to the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. If I could have just kicked Steve instead of fucking up the league, I would have rather done that instead.

Jesus H. Christ. Whether you're right or wrong in the issue at hand (and honestly, I don't care; I have no dog in this hunt), this is beyond the pale.
post #1285 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Jesus H. Christ. Whether you're right or wrong in the issue at hand (and honestly, I don't care; I have no dog in this hunt), this is beyond the pale.
In a normal circumstance I'd agree with you. But considering that he's threatening me with the abuse of his power here, I don't believe saying that I want to hit him is out of order. I DO want to hit him. He's pissed me off. Sometimes people just need to be hit. I'm not usually that guy, like I said, it's been years since I swung at anyone for any reason other than self defense, but in this situation, yeah... that's how I feel. If my behavior crosses the line, then it crosses the line and I'll take my punishment like a big boy. I wouldn't be surprised if it resulted in me being banned or timed out. I'd appreciate it if someone other than Steve did it though. I don't like how he's only a Mod when he's banning me or threatening to abuse his power over me. If M@t, Fok, or J want me gone, then I will take that.
post #1286 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
In a normal circumstance I'd agree with you. But considering that he's threatening me with the abuse of his power here, I don't believe saying that I want to hit him is out of order. I DO want to hit him. He's pissed me off.

Beyond the fact that wanting to hit someone over a disagreement in a fantasy baseball league is an overreaction in the extreme (and pathetic to boot), you suggested you wanted to put him in the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. How, after such a truly violent implied threat, you haven't been banned is beyond me.
post #1287 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Beyond the fact that wanting to hit someone over a disagreement in a fantasy baseball league is an overreaction in the extreme (and pathetic to boot), you suggested you wanted to put him in the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. How, after such a truly violent implied threat, you haven't been banned is beyond me.
I'm sorry if you took it that way. It's not what I meant. I told that story to make it very apparent that I don't usually want to hit people. I am not that guy. I have been hit pretty recently and just laughed it off. I would feel just as bad if I happened to hit Steve and put him in the hospital as I did when I kicked my drunken roomate and did the same thing to him. I didn't mean to hospitalize him, but that doesn't really mean that he didn't deserve to be hit. Steve, had he done something that got me this pissed off in my presence, would probably have been hit. It is out of character for me, thats it. I wouldn't go through some fancy storytelling phase if I wanted to just come out and threaten Steve with hospitalization or death. I would have just said it. That is not what I meant. If it gets me banned, I've already said I understand why. I can see how what I said could be taken the way you did. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
post #1288 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Jesus H. Christ. Whether you're right or wrong in the issue at hand (and honestly, I don't care; I have no dog in this hunt), this is beyond the pale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post
Beyond the fact that wanting to hit someone over a disagreement in a fantasy baseball league is an overreaction in the extreme (and pathetic to boot), you suggested you wanted to put him in the hospital for three days with internal bleeding. How, after such a truly violent implied threat, you haven't been banned is beyond me.

He's trying to get me to ban him so he can jump up and down and scream that I've abused my authority.

Between here and the league he's posted about 20 times on this. I'm beginning to think he's psychotic, and maybe a weekend under observation at a good mental health facility is what's really needed.
post #1289 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
He's trying to get me to ban him so he can jump up and down and scream that I've abused my authority. Between here and the league he's posted about 20 times on this. I'm beginning to think he's psychotic, and maybe a weekend under observation at a good mental health facility is what's really needed.
You've already abused your authority. It's too late for that. Despite what you believe, I am perfectly mentally fine at the moment, aside from being pissed off at you. You aren't helping matters any, of course. You keep poking. Do you see me picking fights with other people? You are the one who I'm pissed off at, you keep on acting like an a-hole. I keep on being mad and acting like an a-hole back. That's how this game is played. Any time you want to apologize and or shut up, it will eventually devolve in to me not talking to or about you and you not talking to or about me. AT ALL. At this point, it's pretty much the only solution we have left.
post #1290 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You've already abused your authority. It's too late for that.

Despite what you believe, I am perfectly mentally fine at the moment, aside from being pissed off at you. You aren't helping matters any, of course. You keep poking. Do you see me picking fights with other people? You are the one who I'm pissed off at, you keep on acting like an a-hole. I keep on being mad and acting like an a-hole back. That's how this game is played. Any time you want to apologize and or shut up, it will eventually devolve in to me not talking to or about you and you not talking to or about me. AT ALL. At this point, it's pretty much the only solution we have left.

Man, you guys are ready throw away your friendship over a fantasy baseball game?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009