or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 82

post #1216 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
The trade didn't go through and I'm sort of wondering why.
I really have no desire at all for Willingham. Don't project your bad strategy on me. I already made it pretty clear what kind of players I'm looking for.

Maybe the rest of the league voted it down. Which they should have.
post #1217 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Maybe the rest of the league voted it down. Which they should have.
Voting down othe edit: sorry my phone died. voting down other people's trades is bush league bullshit.
post #1218 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Voting down othe

It's not a fair trade. Monero is the hottest free agen hitter, and Zobrist has been awesome all season.

Hamels is on the scrap heap where he belongs.
post #1219 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
It's not a fair trade. Monero is the hottest free agen hitter, and Zobrist has been awesome all season.
So what? Who made you the arbiter of fairness? He thinks he can do without those players, he proposed a trade. I accepted. Do you think that just because YOU think something isn't fair, that it isn't fair? What an egotist. I think what you mean is that you don't think its fair TO YOU. Not all trades have to be fair, even, or make sense. Sometimes crazy shit happens. Maybe Hamels is going to finish strong and Zobrist will fade. Montero is splitting time with Snyder, as of now. Who the hell are you, to decide how other people run their teams? Why don't you worry about your own crappy team now?
Quote:
Hamels is on the scrap heap where he belongs.
You'd be lucky to have him. He's still miles better than any of the shitty pitchers you have. Who are you to judge how other people rate players anyways? You SUCK AT IT. FWIW, Montero may be hot, but that's pretty meaningless. He will cool off. He's also going to be splitting time. I feel the need to carry a second C eligible player. I am keeping a very close eye on Inge right now, since it looks like his leg is going to fall off any day now. Zobrist is who I really wanted. He wanted Hamels. He is willing to give me both players for Hamels, who, by the looks of it, should have been pitching a one hitter through 6 with at least 7k's for Carpenterrorists tonight.
post #1220 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
So what? Who made you the arbiter of fairness?
He thinks he can do without those players, he proposed a trade. I accepted.
Do you think that just because YOU think something isn't fair, that it isn't fair? What an egotist.
I think what you mean is that you don't think its fair TO YOU.

Not all trades have to be fair, even, or make sense. Sometimes crazy shit happens. Maybe Hamels is going to finish strong and Zobrist will fade. Montero is splitting time with Snyder, as of now. Who the hell are you, to decide how other people run their teams? Why don't you worry about your own crappy team now?



You'd be lucky to have him. He's still miles better than any of the shitty pitchers you have.
Who are you to judge how other people rate players anyways? You SUCK AT IT.

FWIW, Montero may be hot, but that's pretty meaningless. He will cool off. He's also going to be splitting time. I feel the need to carry a second C eligible player. I am keeping a very close eye on Inge right now, since it looks like his leg is going to fall off any day now.

Zobrist is who I really wanted. He wanted Hamels. He is willing to give me both players for Hamels, who, by the looks of it, should have been pitching a one hitter through 6 with at least 7k's for Carpenterrorists tonight.

I voted against it and I encourage others to do the same.
post #1221 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I voted against it and I encourage others to do the same.
Just goes to show what a little bitch you can be. I won't forget that. You might as well drop out of the fantasy football league, cause if you are going to put your nose where it doesn't belong in baseball, I'm going to make your life miserable in football this year. You want to play dirty, I'll play dirty. I thought that despite all your idiocy, you were at least a fair sportsman. I'm doubly glad now that you will never beat me. I'm surprised you have any friends. Way to be an unbelievable cunt.
post #1222 of 1312
What "trade veto" is NOT for. Courtesy of another site.
Quote:
It is my firm belief that the "Trade Veto" in fantasy sports is there for 1 purpose and 1 purpose only and that is to prevent COLLUSION. To stop one team from dumping some or all of their good players to another team for absolutely nothing in return. No one wants to have their league ruined come mid-season or playoff time by some jerk that is clearly making a move to screw up the league. There aren't too many of them, but unfortunately those type of people do exist, and so the "Trade Veto" is there to stop this from happening. But it's my opinion that is the one and only purpose of the "Trade Veto" - to prevent collusion. I stopped playing in public fantasy sports leagues and most private leagues and now only play in 1 Keeper league for each of the 4 major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL) beacuse of the misuse of the "Trade Veto" in the leagues I was previously in. Here is a list of some of what I believe to be misuses of the veto, or reasons that are wrong to veto a trade: 1. The trade is uneven ---- Not every trade needs to be even, and in fact most trades will probably lean slightly one way or the other. Even if a trade heavily favors one team as long as both managers agree they want to make the deal it should be allowed. Every manager should have the right to run his team his way as long as there is no COLLUSION involved. 2. Another manager says they would offer more for a player involved in the trade --- Sorry, but they had the same opportunity as everyone else to get a deal done but they didn't do it. And now that someone else has, they should not be able to veto the trade just so they can make what they feel is a better offer for a player involved in the deal. They had their chance and missed out on it. They should try working harder next time and maybe they'll be the one who gets the deal done in the beginning. 3. The trade makes one of the teams involved better than their team --- (this is my favorite), No way is it right for a team to sit there and veto a deal between 2 other teams simply because they think it will make one of those teams better then theirs. 4. A manager is not a fan of one of the players involved and thinks they have no value --- For example it's not right for a manager to say their a Red Sox fan and hate all Yankee's so they think Jeter is garbage and another team shouldn't get anything good in return for him. 5. A manager has the best team after the draft so they veto all trades so no other team can get to be better than theirs --- The draft is only 1 aspect of fantasy sports along with free agent player pick ups, staring/benching players, and yes making trades. No way should a manager veto all trades because they had a good draft and want to prevent other teams from getting better. These reasons as well as some others concerning the "Trade Veto" have lead me to play in only the 4 keeper leagues I mentioned, all of which have an open trading policy that allows all trades as long as there is no collusion. These leagues do not allow league votes, and all trades are strictly approved by the Commissioner, and there has never been a vetoed trade in any of the leagues in 3 years. All 4 leagues have 12 strong managers who are active for the full season, and every league has a strong competitve balance.
They are called ethics Steve, and just because you don't seem to have any, and have decided to play by the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean that you are good at it. You are a terrible sportsman, and obviously it gets you nothing in return. You still suck, even when you pull underhanded dirty shit like this.
post #1223 of 1312
He votes down my trade because he's a petty, vindictive, jealous, sore loser. And he IS a loser.

If you abuse the trade veto, you throw your lot in with him. Who knows who he does it do next. Maybe you. He is obviously not above using whatever underhanded methods he can devise to ensure this league is run the way HE wants it run. Unfortunately for the rest of us, he sucks pretty badly at running things, and likely will abuse any power given to him as he has abused the trade veto to "strike back" at me for beating him fair and square repeatedly.

We can either be good sportsmen and play this game like its supposed to be played, or we can allow Steve to drag us down to his level. Personally, I'd really enjoy finding every unfair and devious advantage over him I can, but lets just say that up until now, I've done nothing but play this game straight up against all of you. I've never offered, nor accepted a trade that I didn't think was fair. I have never colluded behind anyone's back, or asked anyone to help me fuck someone else over just because I think it would give me an edge. I DON'T NEED IT. I'm fully capable of winning without cheating. Steve, obviously thinks he is not.
post #1224 of 1312
Goddamn I wish I could put you on my ignore list. You are a rotten human being. Grow some fucking honor and dignity. I can't believe that you would both pull some bullshit like voting down my trade for your own twisted personal reasons, and then openly admit to it. You must be about the dumbest dirty player there is. Its like you get some sort of sick personal glee at being an untrustworthy asshole and you want to make sure everyone knows it.
post #1225 of 1312
That trade is not even remotely vetoable. Hamels could easily return to form (witness the 8-inning, 4-hit, 1-run performance Slim got from him on his way out), and Zobrist and Montero could easily cool off in a big way (especially the latter). Carpenterrorists had a surplus of extra hitters, and he flipped them for a big-name pitcher with a great offense behind him. You may have an opinion one way or the other, but to say this is not vetoable. People always get out of hand with this stuff when they a see a deal they feel will cost them, when often it's just two managers trading something they have for something they don't. No collusion, no clear-cut winner at this point, no veto.
post #1226 of 1312
Why would this be remotely vetoable? I picked Montero up like last week as a spot plug. I have Brian McCann, and Montero is not good enough to take the util spot from my other sluggers. I also like prospecting, so a 2 for 1 gives me some bench room which is necessary since Berkman and Hunter are on the DL. Im also in dire need of pitching - oswalt just got hurt.
post #1227 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
So what? Who made you the arbiter of fairness?
He thinks he can do without those players, he proposed a trade. I accepted.
Do you think that just because YOU think something isn't fair, that it isn't fair? What an egotist.
I think what you mean is that you don't think its fair TO YOU.

Not all trades have to be fair, even, or make sense. Sometimes crazy shit happens. Maybe Hamels is going to finish strong and Zobrist will fade. Montero is splitting time with Snyder, as of now. Who the hell are you, to decide how other people run their teams? Why don't you worry about your own crappy team now?



You'd be lucky to have him. He's still miles better than any of the shitty pitchers you have.
Who are you to judge how other people rate players anyways? You SUCK AT IT.

FWIW, Montero may be hot, but that's pretty meaningless. He will cool off. He's also going to be splitting time. I feel the need to carry a second C eligible player. I am keeping a very close eye on Inge right now, since it looks like his leg is going to fall off any day now.

Zobrist is who I really wanted. He wanted Hamels. He is willing to give me both players for Hamels, who, by the looks of it, should have been pitching a one hitter through 6 with at least 7k's for Carpenterrorists tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I voted against it and I encourage others to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Just goes to show what a little bitch you can be. I won't forget that.

You might as well drop out of the fantasy football league, cause if you are going to put your nose where it doesn't belong in baseball, I'm going to make your life miserable in football this year. You want to play dirty, I'll play dirty.

I thought that despite all your idiocy, you were at least a fair sportsman. I'm doubly glad now that you will never beat me. I'm surprised you have any friends. Way to be an unbelievable cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
What "trade veto" is NOT for. Courtesy of another site.



They are called ethics Steve, and just because you don't seem to have any, and have decided to play by the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean that you are good at it. You are a terrible sportsman, and obviously it gets you nothing in return. You still suck, even when you pull underhanded dirty shit like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
He votes down my trade because he's a petty, vindictive, jealous, sore loser. And he IS a loser.

If you abuse the trade veto, you throw your lot in with him. Who knows who he does it do next. Maybe you. He is obviously not above using whatever underhanded methods he can devise to ensure this league is run the way HE wants it run. Unfortunately for the rest of us, he sucks pretty badly at running things, and likely will abuse any power given to him as he has abused the trade veto to "strike back" at me for beating him fair and square repeatedly.

We can either be good sportsmen and play this game like its supposed to be played, or we can allow Steve to drag us down to his level. Personally, I'd really enjoy finding every unfair and devious advantage over him I can, but lets just say that up until now, I've done nothing but play this game straight up against all of you. I've never offered, nor accepted a trade that I didn't think was fair. I have never colluded behind anyone's back, or asked anyone to help me fuck someone else over just because I think it would give me an edge. I DON'T NEED IT. I'm fully capable of winning without cheating. Steve, obviously thinks he is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Goddamn I wish I could put you on my ignore list. You are a rotten human being.
Grow some fucking honor and dignity. I can't believe that you would both pull some bullshit like voting down my trade for your own twisted personal reasons, and then openly admit to it. You must be about the dumbest dirty player there is.

Its like you get some sort of sick personal glee at being an untrustworthy asshole and you want to make sure everyone knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
That trade is not even remotely vetoable. Hamels could easily return to form (witness the 8-inning, 4-hit, 1-run performance Slim got from him on his way out), and Zobrist and Montero could easily cool off in a big way (especially the latter). Carpenterrorists had a surplus of extra hitters, and he flipped them for a big-name pitcher with a great offense behind him. You may have an opinion one way or the other, but to say this is not vetoable. People always get out of hand with this stuff when they a see a deal they feel will cost them, when often it's just two managers trading something they have for something they don't. No collusion, no clear-cut winner at this point, no veto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike View Post
Why would this be remotely vetoable? I picked Montero up like last week as a spot plug. I have Brian McCann, and Montero is not good enough to take the util spot from my other sluggers. I also like prospecting, so a 2 for 1 gives me some bench room which is necessary since Berkman and Hunter are on the DL. Im also in dire need of pitching - oswalt just got hurt.

Jesus, Slim.

I said I was against the trade and I thought it wasn't fair. It's an OPINION about the trade and I encouraged other people to examine it and see if they came to the same conclusion.

If it were between any other 2 teams in the league and I thought the same I'd do the same. I know you don't like hearing how we play in my other leagues, but that's the way we do it. And no one throws titanic temper tantrums.

I am NOT a bad sportsman. This is the way I am used to playing and I frankly don't give a shit what you think.

If the majority of the league votes for it, it goes through...So if no one shared my viewpoint it'd be 8-1. WTF is you problem? Why is that bad sportsmanship? Even though we kid back and forth I think you have a pretty good chance of beating me.

And saying you're gonna go Clint Eastwood on me is just, well, childish. As I said the other day, you seem to be a great human being.

With an anger management problem. Been skipping group?
post #1228 of 1312
I know you have some kind of slide rule you pull out of your ass for statistics, Slim- but by Yahoo rankings, Hamels is 700 something for the season, and 126 for the last month. Yes, he's #1 for LAST week. He will probably win 12 or 13 games with a 4.00 ERA and a WHIP of 1.20. And he is a K and IP pitcher WHEN he's healthy- I'll give you that. But only 7 wins and the high ERA this season cancels that out.

Zobrist is a 5 stat guy with additional position eligibility. He'll hit .300 w/25-30 HRs, 85-100 RBIs and Rs, and steal 20-25 bases...

Last year, Slim, I'd have voted against it because you were giving up too much.

And I disagree with one of the tenets in your little trade manifesto. The First Amendment gives me the right to voice my opinion when I don't think a trade is fair. And I'll keep doing it as long as I'm playing fantasy bbl.

It really, truly is nothing against you personally.

And one more point- we've bee playing in leagues together for 3, maybe 4 years now. I've NEVER objected tp any other trade of yours. Why do you think this one is different?
post #1229 of 1312
There is a clear cut difference between voicing your opinion and asking people to examine the trade in a fair way, and vetoing my trade, then encouraging others to do so. The former is fair, and the latter, which you did - was bullshit. Grown ups should know better.

I could personally care less what you do in your other leagues. Go play with them if they put up with your antics.
post #1230 of 1312
Quote:
And one more point- we've bee playing in leagues together for 3, maybe 4 years now. I've NEVER objected tp any other trade of yours. Why do you think this one is different?

You have expressed your opinions on the few trades I've made before without attempting to organize or encourage an ill-conceived league veto. So being revisionist now is kind of stupid, isn't it? So you tell me, what's different now? Maybe its the fact that you are barely hanging onto playoff contention and you don't want to see anyone (both my team AND Carpenterrorists) better themselves and potentially make it more difficult for you to skate by with mediocre talent. Thats what makes the most sense to me. Seeing as this trade is far from as lopsided as you make it out to be.

Your actions are speaking pretty loudly... they are drowning out what you are saying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009