or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009 - Page 77

post #1141 of 1312
Only seven weeks left Stevie. You gonna be able to make up 19 games on the leader?

If nothing changes in the next seven weeks, I'll be kicking your ass out of the first round of the playoffs eight weeks from now.
post #1142 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Only seven weeks left Stevie. You gonna be able to make up 19 games on the leader?

If nothing changes in the next seven weeks, I'll be kicking your ass out of the first round of the playoffs eight weeks from now.

I'm lulling you into sleep... Beware the cyber-fantasy knife.
post #1143 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
At week 14 last year, you were 128-91 which is .584 winning percentage. So far this year, of course, you have a .471 winning percentage. \t

Can't really say how many "games"you were up on this year, because we had a lot more scoring categories last year (thus the 128-91 score)

Like I said, a few games behind.
post #1144 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I'm lulling you into sleep... Beware the cyber-fantasy knife.
Its so rusty I'll probably need a tetanus shot. Thanks for the warning.
post #1145 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
My pitching is fine.

Slim - Number one in wins and K's, number eight in saves, number six in ERA, number six in WHIP.

On average that works out to the 4th best pitching in our league.

Steve - Number three in wins, number two in K's, number eleven in saves, number ten in ERA, number nine in WHIP.

Which works out to about seventh.


We are basically even in batting.

Which stats are you looking at? I'M winning Ws and Ks, and we're slightly even on pitching.

BTW anyone interested in Heath Bell?

I need all offensive categories.
post #1146 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Which stats are you looking at? I'M winning Ws and Ks, and we're slightly even on pitching.
Good lord you are bad at reading. Please look at this and tell me how you are winning W's and K's or how we are "slightly even" on pitching. Which isn't even a valid concept, or proper English, let alone true. I'm beating you in every pitching category. Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.
post #1147 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Good lord you are bad at reading.


Please look at this and tell me how you are winning W's and K's or how we are "slightly even" on pitching. Which isn't even a valid concept, or proper English, let alone true.

I'm beating you in every pitching category. Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.

I was going by head-to-head matchups, which are of course more important, because they decide who wins and who loses in a given week.
post #1148 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Overall, I'm the 4th best pitching staff in the league. You are seventh.
How do you determine that?
post #1149 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
How do you determine that?

Wistful denial of facts...
post #1150 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
How do you determine that?
Ranking in each category, averaged.
post #1151 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Ranking in each category, averaged.

So what's the ranking? (in case you already calculated it)
post #1152 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I was going by head-to-head matchups, which are of course more important, because they decide who wins and who loses in a given week.

Yeah, because strength of schedule is meaninless right? Those numbers have next to nothing to do with your team's performance. It is who you are matched up against. Considering you keep deluding yourself into thinking you are good at this game, I'm sure you will find some way to deny the pure statistic.

What's your record against the top three teams in this league right now Steve?
post #1153 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So what's the ranking? (in case you already calculated it)

Just for myself and Steve. It really isn't that hard to figure out though.
post #1154 of 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I was going by head-to-head matchups, which are of course more important, because they decide who wins and who loses in a given week.

This is such a stupid statement in context that I am literally worried for your safety.

Congrats on winning more matchups. Your team's pitching is still only the seventh best in the league. You are still trailing me in all pitching categories. And you are still 19 games out of first place. Try not to overinflate yourself too much. You might explode.
post #1155 of 1312
I have 5 diesel outfielders. Send me some offers. Looking for top flight pitching and other offensive players.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009