or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many meters did you swim today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many meters did you swim today? - Page 6

post #76 of 174
I did 1500m. Did 1km in 30mins, breaststroke. Not too knackered after it, either. A steady pace. I'm not fast but a guy was doing crawl beside me and I overtook him 2x.
post #77 of 174
Got back in the pool this month after six years off. Last week I did an all-out sprint 50 free (LCM) and was nearly twice as slow as I was at 18. Swimming is harsh
post #78 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy View Post
Got back in the pool this month after six years off. Last week I did an all-out sprint 50 free (LCM) and was nearly twice as slow as I was at 18. Swimming is harsh

definitely, it really shows, much more so than running...
post #79 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
definitely, it really shows, much more so than running...

It depends much more on technique than on just your level of fitness. I view swimming as lot closer to tennis and golf in this regard.
post #80 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
It depends much more on technique than on just your level of fitness. I view swimming as lot closer to tennis and golf in this regard.
Aye, tis. My old coach, who was pushing forty, paunchy, and definitely not in incredible shape, was better than every single breast-stroker on my high-school team. I haven't swam since february - before that, I was swimming about 5k a day. Would be interesting to see what it feels like now. Edit: Which reminds me - I've always found the triathlon kind of funny. A marathon is not a cake-walk for very many runners. 100 miles is not a cake-walk for most cyclists, at least that I know. However, a little over 2 miles is very, very easy for the average swimmer. I'm not even in shape - 6' 195lbs, and I run 3 miles in 23 minutes, and 6 months ago, 2 miles would have been easy. Probably still would be with a little bit of practice.
post #81 of 174
Starting to get back into shape, did ~2k yards today in sets of 100's, also hit the weight room. I want to start playing waterpolo again here at college so it's about time. I swam a bunch during the summer but have been slacking off for the past month.
post #82 of 174
2 - 550m loops around the qualifying course for the 1.2 mile DSC in Manhattan Beach this morning. i was absolutely schooled. real open water swimming is nothing like the protected open water swims i've been doing all summer. through the swells, all i could think of was "where the fuck is that buoy?!?!?!!?"

-Jeff
post #83 of 174
i was doing my swim sets today and saw some guys putting in a waterpolo goal. i walked on over and asked if i could join them and it turns out they were on the division 1 waterpolo team here at UCSD. it was freaking intense playing with them. I only made like 2 goals when we were just shooting on the goalie out of maybe 20 attempts
post #84 of 174
Thread Starter 
Yesterday, 1.5km.
post #85 of 174
I used to live in Florida and surfed in the daytona/new smyrna area pretty often, now I live in Atlanta and I'm considering looking for a pool that has swim coaching, I'm sure I could learn alot. Don't know if I want to get up early in the AM though
post #86 of 174
just finished my first practice with the club waterpolo team at UCSD. i was hangin in there and keeping up. i'm pretty happy right now
post #87 of 174
I don't know about swimming, and i don't like to swim also that's why i run and walk everyday 3 or 4mile
that good for me, i walk average 4mile everyday in early morning. that's better then swim for me.
post #88 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althis View Post
i was doing my swim sets today and saw some guys putting in a waterpolo goal. i walked on over and asked if i could join them and it turns out they were on the division 1 waterpolo team here at UCSD. it was freaking intense playing with them. I only made like 2 goals when we were just shooting on the goalie out of maybe 20 attempts

I went to UCSD class of 09' and most of those guys were like swimming linebackers. That team isn't average, they are usually top 5 nationally. Were you at Rimac or main?
post #89 of 174
I'm in Warren College so I go to the Canyon View center to work out. I've only gone to Rimac a couple times but I don't really like it there.
post #90 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althis View Post
I'm in Warren College so I go to the Canyon View center to work out. I've only gone to Rimac a couple times but I don't really like it there.

Of course. I was 6th. How could I forget Canyon View, nice pool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many meters did you swim today?