or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Polo Shoes on eBay - Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polo Shoes on eBay - Help

post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
Hi,

These shoes are available on eBay from Polo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

A few questions:

1) Who makes the shoes for Polo?

2) These show retail value for nearly $600---are they really that well made?

3) What do you think?
post #2 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodywild
Hi,

These shoes are available on eBay from Polo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

A few questions:

1) Who makes the shoes for Polo?

2) These show retail value for nearly $600---are they really that well made?

3) What do you think?


1) Crockett and Jones, England makes the shoes

2) Yes, at least in my opinion. These are basically built to C&J's handgrade standrads, some of the finest shoes on the market

3) Love them!
post #3 of 46
Oh, hey--my size!
post #4 of 46
It was then that Jwoodywild realized that he had made the biggest mistake of his life.
post #5 of 46
Thread Starter 
I have never owned a nice pair of dress shoes in my life. If someone from here wants to steal them from me, so be it. There is low---but to have them swiped by a fellow SF member---the lowest.
post #6 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc
It was then that Jwoodywild realized that he had made the biggest mistake of his life.


LOL. My size as well

Gene
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodywild
There is low---but to have them swiped by a fellow SF member---the lowest.

It's happened before -- medtech expat, I hope those RLPL trousers squeeze your nuts and render you unable to breed
post #8 of 46
Grapevinehill is adding some nice shoes these days. He's also a very popular seller. These shoes should go to around 200 I'll bet because of the dark brown. I seem to remember lighter brown versions go for more like 150, which is still a fantastic deal.
post #9 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
1) Crockett and Jones, England makes the shoes

2) Yes, at least in my opinion. These are basically built to C&J's handgrade standrads, some of the finest shoes on the market

3) Love them!
1) agree
2) agree
3) agree
post #10 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
It's happened before -- I hope those RLPL trousers squeeze your nuts

I usually pay extra for that
post #11 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
I usually pay extra for that
post #12 of 46
By the way, the first EG of this shipment is listed: http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-PUR...QQcmdZViewItem

post #13 of 46
Oo! My size. Does anyone know if the EG for RLPL are

10.5/11 E 89
-or-
10.5/11 D 89

or something else?

I fit a 10.5/11 E in the 202 last, but never tried on a RLPL shoe. Maybe I will before this auction closes...
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodywild
I have never owned a nice pair of dress shoes in my life. If someone from here wants to steal them from me, so be it. There is low---but to have them swiped by a fellow SF member---the lowest.
Just joking. I'm not in the market at all for brown captoe bals. I have a pair of Grenson Masterpieces from the old Bennie's sale and a pair of AE Fifth Avenues.

You might want to consider keeping an eye on the upcoming Polo.com sale, btw. Good luck on the auction. If you lose, it won't be because of me!
post #15 of 46
niiiiiiiiice shoes
going to end up a little pricey (if you could call it that. not sure if you want to spend ~$200), but still worth it. a solid choice for a first nice dress shoe, i'd think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Polo Shoes on eBay - Help