or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren Private Sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren Private Sale - Page 14

post #196 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You are freakin' kidding me. I called there repeatedly yesterday, and had two different people swear to me there were no Mackays in anything but black. DId you have them on hold or something?

I too visited the Mansion at lunch. No Mackays in my size, but just picked them up online ... 40% savings is glorious.
post #197 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by alflauren
Takes a bit of wear to break in, but it's a great shoe. Worth the sale price and more.

There are some comments elsewhere on this thread about the Darltons - I think we were talking about the wingtips, but these have the same double soles. They have significant weight.

Yeah, I expect all of my comments about the wingtips are also valid for the non-wing bluchers, but I don't own a pair of the latter, so I can't be absolutely certain. The wingtips have a storm welt. Do the non-wing bluchers have one, too?
post #198 of 242
On the inside of the shoe two sizes are written i.e. 9 1/2 10. The first size is English, the second American. The sizes listed on polo.com are the American size.
post #199 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
On the inside of the shoe two sizes are written i.e. 9 1/2 10. The first size is English, the second American. The sizes listed on polo.com are the American size.


Is the width posted on Polo.com the same width that is written on the inside of the shoe? In other words, are the 13D's on polo.com really 12.5/13 D's or are they 12.5/13 E's?
post #200 of 242
they are true D fitting.
post #201 of 242
lawyerdad, when I was in the Beverly Hills RL store several weeks ago, I saw Mackays in dark oak and what the salesman told me was Edwardian antique.
post #202 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000
they are true D fitting.

So these EG purple label shoes on polo.com would have 10.5 / 11 D written on the inside?
post #203 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000
they are true D fitting.


I think that is correct. I historically have worn a 12D in American made shoes. With the Mackays I went down .5 to account for the last.
post #204 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbabes
So these EG purple label shoes on polo.com would have 10.5 / 11 D written on the inside?

Yup.
post #205 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You are freakin' kidding me. I called there repeatedly yesterday, and had two different people swear to me there were no Mackays in anything but black. Did you have them on hold or something?

Sorry doc, not kidding. I didn't have them on hold either, just a walked in. Maybe someone returned them, but I doubt it. The sales girl did mention to me that people had been calling up for shoes, maybe they weren't looking.
post #206 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by alflauren
Takes a bit of wear to break in, but it's a great shoe. Worth the sale price and more.

There are some comments elsewhere on this thread about the Darltons - I think we were talking about the wingtips, but these have the same double soles. They have significant weight.

They are indeed heavy shoes.
post #207 of 242
Are the Darlton Penny Loafers in Dark Brown...Cordovan color or made from the behind of a horse?? The description says calfskin. And forget the sale but over $300 for calfskin is crazy. Not for Cordo however IMHO. The 1-888 number help person says she has no info that is not on the website so expects they are calfskin but she readily admits she didn't know that shoes were ever made from horse parts. Perry
post #208 of 242
Horse's rear (not you, the shoes).
post #209 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
Horse's rear (not you, the shoes).

Thank you, sir! And I just bought a pair.

Perry
post #210 of 242
Is the Darlton blutcher formal enough in appearance to be worn with a sport coat/suit or is it better suited to informal wear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren Private Sale