It's fabric, not leather if that makes a difference
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 58post #857 of 15891/20/13 at 10:18amQuote:
Hmmm that's not good I think. If it's more than normal, then that could mean there is still a lot of excess indigo. You could give them a soak and try to get some of it out.
And another option is getting back to your first question! :P Did anybody else have the same problem?post #858 of 15891/20/13 at 11:13amI haven't noticed unusual transfer but then again most of my chairs I sit in are dark colored. These are pretty abrasive and they do fade faster than most jeans iv owned. Not sure if that translates to ur worry. Give it a test run on something u don't care about maybe even intentionally rubbing ur butt on it to see if it'll leave any die behind. This should also get rid of any of the loose diepost #859 of 15891/20/13 at 11:22amA guy rushes in to see a doctor as his right ball has turned blue. The doctor rushes him into the operating room and removes the testicle. Weeks later, he goes back to the doctor as his left testicle is also turning blue. He has that one removed as well. Two weeks later, he rushes back to the doctor, saying "Now my dick is blue as well!" The doctor says, "Wait a minute, do you wear a lot of raw denim?"post #860 of 15891/20/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grayland
A guy rushes in to see a doctor as his right ball has turned blue. The doctor rushes him into the operating room and removes the testicle. Weeks later, he goes back to the doctor as his left testicle is also turning blue. He has that one removed as well. Two weeks later, he rushes back to the doctor, saying "Now my dick is blue as well!" The doctor says, "Wait a minute, do you wear a lot of raw denim?"
Apparently a pair of reverse fades by N&F [10/10]post #861 of 15891/20/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
Just took some pictures of the some jeans I got done over the weekend.
I'm guess I need to find another tailor...
Shorten and taperedpost #862 of 15891/20/13 at 2:50pmpost #863 of 15891/20/13 at 3:00pmpost #864 of 15891/20/13 at 3:29pmpost #865 of 15891/20/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
Just got my 21 oz. a couple of days ago
Any who has them or jeans that are similar in terms off indigo rubbing off/fading qualities have any issues with staining light car interior?
Since the denim seems to be very abrasive I'm concerned about staining a tan car interior
I have a tan leather interior and have seen some serious indigo transfer. Think about it all the slight movements and the heat generated in your lower body. The majority can be cleaned off with a leather cleaner except the seams of the seat.post #866 of 15891/20/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Well I did tell him I want to keep the original hem. Maybe that's is why it's like that. Luckily I didn't get him to do my new APC & N&F denimspost #867 of 15891/20/13 at 7:55pmUnfortunately a majority of these tailors do not know how to keep the original hem or keep the selvedge looking clean without making the jeans look like frankenstein jeans. When I asked my guy if he knew how to do it and actually showed him what I wanted he still came up with that atrocious job. I mean it's so obvious not one person on this earth regardless if they love or know what selvedge is would think that looks right. I'm still burning inside from seeing wha he had done.
In other news I just bought the beige selvedge chino's in a 34 and requested to have em hemmed to a 32. Looking forward to something different from denim as iv become known in my office as Denim Danpost #868 of 15891/20/13 at 8:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dirty Denim
Unfortunately a majority of these tailors do not know how to keep the original hem or keep the selvedge looking clean without making the jeans look like frankenstein jeans. When I asked my guy if he knew how to do it and actually showed him what I wanted he still came up with that atrocious job. I mean it's so obvious not one person on this earth regardless if they love or know what selvedge is would think that looks right. I'm still burning inside from seeing wha he had done.
In other news I just bought the beige selvedge chino's in a 34 and requested to have em hemmed to a 32. Looking forward to something different from denim as iv become known in my office as Denim Dan
Where are you getting it hemmed this time?
Do most of you just give your tailor your inseam measurement or do you try on your denim and have the tailor measure from there?post #869 of 15891/21/13 at 3:13am
@matryx and dirty denim: ... Actually that IS the original hem! They cut away the necessary length and the ‘original’ hem stays on it’s place. In this video here you can see exactly what he did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giOkJUcc2wg The only difference is that his woman didn't cut excess fabric. Your taylor did.
What you want and what you should ask for in the future is: A new, chainstitched hem, that looks exactly the same as the original. And the most important question is: Can you do this!?
Maybe your taylors did it this way because they didn't have the machines to create a chainstitch?? Try asking him that.post #870 of 15891/21/13 at 5:25amHere are a few places that will do hem jobs and do it well
1) selfedge. http://www.selfedge.com/chainstitching.php
2) blue owl. http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=1
3). Denim therapy. http://m.denimtherapy.com/
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...