It's fabric, not leather if that makes a difference
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 58post #857 of 15831/20/13 at 10:18amQuote:
Hmmm that's not good I think. If it's more than normal, then that could mean there is still a lot of excess indigo. You could give them a soak and try to get some of it out.
And another option is getting back to your first question! :P Did anybody else have the same problem?post #858 of 15831/20/13 at 11:13amI haven't noticed unusual transfer but then again most of my chairs I sit in are dark colored. These are pretty abrasive and they do fade faster than most jeans iv owned. Not sure if that translates to ur worry. Give it a test run on something u don't care about maybe even intentionally rubbing ur butt on it to see if it'll leave any die behind. This should also get rid of any of the loose diepost #859 of 15831/20/13 at 11:22amA guy rushes in to see a doctor as his right ball has turned blue. The doctor rushes him into the operating room and removes the testicle. Weeks later, he goes back to the doctor as his left testicle is also turning blue. He has that one removed as well. Two weeks later, he rushes back to the doctor, saying "Now my dick is blue as well!" The doctor says, "Wait a minute, do you wear a lot of raw denim?"post #860 of 15831/20/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grayland
A guy rushes in to see a doctor as his right ball has turned blue. The doctor rushes him into the operating room and removes the testicle. Weeks later, he goes back to the doctor as his left testicle is also turning blue. He has that one removed as well. Two weeks later, he rushes back to the doctor, saying "Now my dick is blue as well!" The doctor says, "Wait a minute, do you wear a lot of raw denim?"
Apparently a pair of reverse fades by N&F [10/10]post #861 of 15831/20/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
Just took some pictures of the some jeans I got done over the weekend.
I'm guess I need to find another tailor...
Shorten and taperedpost #862 of 15831/20/13 at 2:50pmpost #863 of 15831/20/13 at 3:00pmpost #864 of 15831/20/13 at 3:29pmpost #865 of 15831/20/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
Just got my 21 oz. a couple of days ago
Any who has them or jeans that are similar in terms off indigo rubbing off/fading qualities have any issues with staining light car interior?
Since the denim seems to be very abrasive I'm concerned about staining a tan car interior
I have a tan leather interior and have seen some serious indigo transfer. Think about it all the slight movements and the heat generated in your lower body. The majority can be cleaned off with a leather cleaner except the seams of the seat.post #866 of 15831/20/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
Well I did tell him I want to keep the original hem. Maybe that's is why it's like that. Luckily I didn't get him to do my new APC & N&F denimspost #867 of 15831/20/13 at 7:55pmUnfortunately a majority of these tailors do not know how to keep the original hem or keep the selvedge looking clean without making the jeans look like frankenstein jeans. When I asked my guy if he knew how to do it and actually showed him what I wanted he still came up with that atrocious job. I mean it's so obvious not one person on this earth regardless if they love or know what selvedge is would think that looks right. I'm still burning inside from seeing wha he had done.
In other news I just bought the beige selvedge chino's in a 34 and requested to have em hemmed to a 32. Looking forward to something different from denim as iv become known in my office as Denim Danpost #868 of 15831/20/13 at 8:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dirty Denim
Unfortunately a majority of these tailors do not know how to keep the original hem or keep the selvedge looking clean without making the jeans look like frankenstein jeans. When I asked my guy if he knew how to do it and actually showed him what I wanted he still came up with that atrocious job. I mean it's so obvious not one person on this earth regardless if they love or know what selvedge is would think that looks right. I'm still burning inside from seeing wha he had done.
In other news I just bought the beige selvedge chino's in a 34 and requested to have em hemmed to a 32. Looking forward to something different from denim as iv become known in my office as Denim Dan
Where are you getting it hemmed this time?
Do most of you just give your tailor your inseam measurement or do you try on your denim and have the tailor measure from there?post #869 of 15831/21/13 at 3:13am
@matryx and dirty denim: ... Actually that IS the original hem! They cut away the necessary length and the ‘original’ hem stays on it’s place. In this video here you can see exactly what he did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giOkJUcc2wg The only difference is that his woman didn't cut excess fabric. Your taylor did.
What you want and what you should ask for in the future is: A new, chainstitched hem, that looks exactly the same as the original. And the most important question is: Can you do this!?
Maybe your taylors did it this way because they didn't have the machines to create a chainstitch?? Try asking him that.post #870 of 15831/21/13 at 5:25amHere are a few places that will do hem jobs and do it well
1) selfedge. http://www.selfedge.com/chainstitching.php
2) blue owl. http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=1
3). Denim therapy. http://m.denimtherapy.com/
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 23 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Napoli cream light beige sport coat 48 38 linen 27 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 28 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 41 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 42 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 57 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts