Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 12:56 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 22post #316 of 15526/7/11 at 5:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #317 of 15526/30/11 at 7:58pmpost #318 of 15527/1/11 at 6:16amQuote:I read over on superfuture that tapered fit does not fit like a weirdguy. Any truth that it's roomier?
Also, what does skinny unbranded fit similar to? The petit standard?
The tapered fit isn't too far off from the weird guys, but yeah they are a little roomier all the way down. The unbranded skinny fit is closer to a perfectly sized down NS, not like the PS those are waaay more tapered. I've seen some really nice fits for both these cuts but i like the more slim tapered kind of fit, so i'd go with the tapered. Depends on your body type and what kind of fit you like thoughpost #319 of 15527/8/11 at 3:26pmpost #320 of 15527/8/11 at 5:14pmpost #321 of 15527/14/11 at 4:11ampost #322 of 15527/15/11 at 8:18ampost #323 of 15527/15/11 at 12:44pmI still have a pair of UB101 Skinnys in 32 for sale if anyone's interested. And While I agree the heft and weight of the denim are top notch, I am less confident about the quality of the hardware ,especially the buttons.
Surprisingly enough, when I tried tapered and Skinnys in the same size, I swore the tapereds were slimmer. Weird.post #324 of 15527/15/11 at 5:19pmpost #325 of 15528/2/11 at 9:56amUnbranded: Can no be found at Blue Owl (arrives next week)
Unbranded is a denim label with no branding of any kind (not even on the leather tag), no washes, no embroidery, no ad campaigns, and no extra costs billed into the price of the product. It basically strips denim down to the essentials in order to achieve a reasonable price. It is a 15oz Japanese raw selvedge denim with great details, a great fit, and only $78.
Unbranded is the perfect raw denim for a neophyte to the raw denim scene. The fabric is a 15oz sanforized raw selvedge made in Japan and rope dyed in indigo. The denim is sewn in Macau in the same factory that makes other premium denims like ACP and Evisu. The construction features a button fly, hidden rivets, a leather tag, and chainstitched hems. Available in 3 fits: skinny, tapered, and straight. Available in indigo or black. Our first shipment in on the way and will be in store within 2 weeks. Blue Owl will stock skinny and tapered in both indigo and black.
More details are on our recent blog post http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-selvedge.html.post #326 of 15528/2/11 at 9:57ampost #327 of 15528/3/11 at 8:52pmJust checked out the Urban Outfitters out in Rancho C, CA. Not only did they not carry Ubranded but they didn't even know what it was..
Looks like i'll be ordering online.
The 31 skinny would be my size but the thigh measures slightly smaller than my own thigh.. I can get a 32 but everything will be more "roomy". Should i buy then soak to shrink? How much does it shrink in the waist?post #328 of 15528/3/11 at 10:43pmpost #329 of 15528/7/11 at 1:56pmpost #330 of 15528/10/11 at 12:01pm
Alright I bought two pairs of these because I wasn't sure how they would fit. I'm 5'11 with a build between athletic and muscular @ 164 lbs. I do lots of squats, deads, and things of that nature so naturally skinnies weren't an option with my 22" thighs and above average size calves. I bought the slim fit selvedge and the tapered selvedge with the intent to return whichever pair I didn't like.
The slim fits were very tight around the waist but mostly loose everywhere else. I had a hard time buttoning them up. I was not a fan of how loose they are around the ankles however. These fit almost identical to my Levi 514s.
The tapereds were just enough looser around the waist that I didnt have to suck in and make an actual effort to get them buttoned up. They fit slightly slimmer through the seat and thighs (my balls are uncomfortable right now but I suspect that will fix itself as the jeans loosen up). They hug my calves with just enough slack to be comfortable and are not loose around the ankles.
Verdict: I like the tapered fit much better.
Sorry, I don't have pics. The iPhone 3G camera quality isn't worth even trying.
Hopefully this helps another athlete-type that's interested in buying these jeans.
- The Unbranded Brand Jeans
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 14 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 3 minutes ago
- › MINT Brioni Quilted Rain Coat Jacket XXL Suede Leather Accents 5 minutes ago
- › Lee Sportswear Union Made Check Flannel Shirt 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015