Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 22post #316 of 15896/7/11 at 5:39ampost #317 of 15896/30/11 at 7:58pmpost #318 of 15897/1/11 at 6:16amQuote:I read over on superfuture that tapered fit does not fit like a weirdguy. Any truth that it's roomier?
Also, what does skinny unbranded fit similar to? The petit standard?
The tapered fit isn't too far off from the weird guys, but yeah they are a little roomier all the way down. The unbranded skinny fit is closer to a perfectly sized down NS, not like the PS those are waaay more tapered. I've seen some really nice fits for both these cuts but i like the more slim tapered kind of fit, so i'd go with the tapered. Depends on your body type and what kind of fit you like thoughpost #319 of 15897/8/11 at 3:26pmpost #320 of 15897/8/11 at 5:14pmpost #321 of 15897/14/11 at 4:11ampost #322 of 15897/15/11 at 8:18ampost #323 of 15897/15/11 at 12:44pmI still have a pair of UB101 Skinnys in 32 for sale if anyone's interested. And While I agree the heft and weight of the denim are top notch, I am less confident about the quality of the hardware ,especially the buttons.
Surprisingly enough, when I tried tapered and Skinnys in the same size, I swore the tapereds were slimmer. Weird.post #324 of 15897/15/11 at 5:19pmpost #325 of 15898/2/11 at 9:56amUnbranded: Can no be found at Blue Owl (arrives next week)
Unbranded is a denim label with no branding of any kind (not even on the leather tag), no washes, no embroidery, no ad campaigns, and no extra costs billed into the price of the product. It basically strips denim down to the essentials in order to achieve a reasonable price. It is a 15oz Japanese raw selvedge denim with great details, a great fit, and only $78.
Unbranded is the perfect raw denim for a neophyte to the raw denim scene. The fabric is a 15oz sanforized raw selvedge made in Japan and rope dyed in indigo. The denim is sewn in Macau in the same factory that makes other premium denims like ACP and Evisu. The construction features a button fly, hidden rivets, a leather tag, and chainstitched hems. Available in 3 fits: skinny, tapered, and straight. Available in indigo or black. Our first shipment in on the way and will be in store within 2 weeks. Blue Owl will stock skinny and tapered in both indigo and black.
More details are on our recent blog post http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...-selvedge.html.post #326 of 15898/2/11 at 9:57ampost #327 of 15898/3/11 at 8:52pmJust checked out the Urban Outfitters out in Rancho C, CA. Not only did they not carry Ubranded but they didn't even know what it was..
Looks like i'll be ordering online.
The 31 skinny would be my size but the thigh measures slightly smaller than my own thigh.. I can get a 32 but everything will be more "roomy". Should i buy then soak to shrink? How much does it shrink in the waist?post #328 of 15898/3/11 at 10:43pmpost #329 of 15898/7/11 at 1:56pmpost #330 of 15898/10/11 at 12:01pm
Alright I bought two pairs of these because I wasn't sure how they would fit. I'm 5'11 with a build between athletic and muscular @ 164 lbs. I do lots of squats, deads, and things of that nature so naturally skinnies weren't an option with my 22" thighs and above average size calves. I bought the slim fit selvedge and the tapered selvedge with the intent to return whichever pair I didn't like.
The slim fits were very tight around the waist but mostly loose everywhere else. I had a hard time buttoning them up. I was not a fan of how loose they are around the ankles however. These fit almost identical to my Levi 514s.
The tapereds were just enough looser around the waist that I didnt have to suck in and make an actual effort to get them buttoned up. They fit slightly slimmer through the seat and thighs (my balls are uncomfortable right now but I suspect that will fix itself as the jeans loosen up). They hug my calves with just enough slack to be comfortable and are not loose around the ankles.
Verdict: I like the tapered fit much better.
Sorry, I don't have pics. The iPhone 3G camera quality isn't worth even trying.
Hopefully this helps another athlete-type that's interested in buying these jeans.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Ran Ban Wayfarer Brown Leather Polarized Sunglasses 25 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 25 minutes ago
- › Begg & Co Navy and White Scarf and Cappelli burnt orange... 26 minutes ago
- › LOVELY VINTAGE SWISS CHRONOGRAPH 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...