Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 91post #1352 of 15834/5/14 at 7:37ampost #1353 of 15834/5/14 at 8:59ampost #1354 of 15834/5/14 at 9:31ampost #1355 of 15834/5/14 at 9:32ampost #1356 of 15834/5/14 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Inktomei
Just purchased my first pair of raw denim so wanted to post thoughts and fit pics. I couldn't find any retail that carry them (Dallas), so I purchased a size 28 and a 29 off Urban Outfitter website. The pics shown are of the UB101 29 waist first day of wear (old sizing). I'm a small guy at 5'4" and 135 lbs so the 36" inseam was eating my alive, so I had them hemmed with a regular hem and lock stitching. I left a bit of slack in length anticipating some shrinking for the first wash.
I really struggled to get the 28 past my hips and could barely button the first lowest two buttons, partly due to how stiff the fabric is. For Levis 513/511 and J Crew 770 I'm usually a size 28, but these Unbranded are definitely tight in the waist. The 29s are snug in the waist but a bit loose everywhere else. I usually like a more snug fit throughout so as you can see in in the pics they look a bit baggy on me.
The back pockets are bigger than what I'm used to, but it's not too bad. Like many here had expressed I do wish that the front pockets to be a tad bigger, and perhaps a bit easier to access. It does not feel natural at all. Buttons, they've worked fine so far. I've taken care not forcing them in as the fabric is super stiff still and I've read many have had their buttons pop off.
As I'm writing this I'm on my 4th day of wear and noticing the indigo dye shedding quite a bit, especially when I've been around my kids all day with their little hands all over them. They were running to mama all excited about their hands turning blue.
My overall impression of them are positive so far. The material is nice and thick and although the fit is a bit looser than I'd like, they'll suffice as my first foray into selvedge raw denim. I look forward to getting some quality fades and will post periodic updates as I progress.
They're looking good - look forward to progress updates..post #1357 of 15834/6/14 at 8:08pmpost #1358 of 15834/6/14 at 9:02pmpost #1359 of 15834/6/14 at 9:15pmpost #1360 of 15834/6/14 at 9:18pmpost #1361 of 15834/9/14 at 10:55ampost #1362 of 15834/20/14 at 4:22pmpost #1363 of 15834/20/14 at 5:29pmpost #1364 of 15834/29/14 at 5:46pm
I am looking at the Unbranded 21 ounce jeans. UB221, I think. (I have large thighs/arse, so if there is a better choice, please advise).
Can anyone tell me if they are true waist size? I cannot buy them in person; only on line. My favorite jeans measure a true 34", and Gustin in 34" were very tight for a day, but in 2 days, fit perfectly.
What size should I get in the Unbranded 21 oz?
thanks!!post #1365 of 15834/29/14 at 6:08pmHey, I know you!
I have the UB221 in 33 and 32. The 32 fit me best. I wear a 32 Straight or 33 Slim in Gustin. Be warned of two things though. It will take longer to stretch out the 21oz jeans than the lighter-weight Gustins, and if you do a cold wash and hang dry the UB221s the inseam will shrink almost 3". If you stretch the legs out while they are hanging to dry, you can keep the shrinkage to about 2". I mention the inseam issue because if you plan to get them hemmed, you should probably do a cold wash before you do. Well, unless you never plan on washing them, in which case it doesn't matter.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 59 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Marni Neoprene Mid Top, size 44 7 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › SUPER RARE New Edward Green Shell Cordovan Crup Elmsley 202 E UK... 31 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding