Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 91
Styleforum Top Picks
Just purchased my first pair of raw denim so wanted to post thoughts and fit pics. I couldn't find any retail that carry them (Dallas), so I purchased a size 28 and a 29 off Urban Outfitter website. The pics shown are of the UB101 29 waist first day of wear (old sizing). I'm a small guy at 5'4" and 135 lbs so the 36" inseam was eating my alive, so I had them hemmed with a regular hem and lock stitching. I left a bit of slack in length anticipating some shrinking for the first wash.
I really struggled to get the 28 past my hips and could barely button the first lowest two buttons, partly due to how stiff the fabric is. For Levis 513/511 and J Crew 770 I'm usually a size 28, but these Unbranded are definitely tight in the waist. The 29s are snug in the waist but a bit loose everywhere else. I usually like a more snug fit throughout so as you can see in in the pics they look a bit baggy on me.
The back pockets are bigger than what I'm used to, but it's not too bad. Like many here had expressed I do wish that the front pockets to be a tad bigger, and perhaps a bit easier to access. It does not feel natural at all. Buttons, they've worked fine so far. I've taken care not forcing them in as the fabric is super stiff still and I've read many have had their buttons pop off.
As I'm writing this I'm on my 4th day of wear and noticing the indigo dye shedding quite a bit, especially when I've been around my kids all day with their little hands all over them. They were running to mama all excited about their hands turning blue.
My overall impression of them are positive so far. The material is nice and thick and although the fit is a bit looser than I'd like, they'll suffice as my first foray into selvedge raw denim. I look forward to getting some quality fades and will post periodic updates as I progress.
They're looking good - look forward to progress updates..
I am looking at the Unbranded 21 ounce jeans. UB221, I think. (I have large thighs/arse, so if there is a better choice, please advise).
Can anyone tell me if they are true waist size? I cannot buy them in person; only on line. My favorite jeans measure a true 34", and Gustin in 34" were very tight for a day, but in 2 days, fit perfectly.
What size should I get in the Unbranded 21 oz?
I have the UB221 in 33 and 32. The 32 fit me best. I wear a 32 Straight or 33 Slim in Gustin. Be warned of two things though. It will take longer to stretch out the 21oz jeans than the lighter-weight Gustins, and if you do a cold wash and hang dry the UB221s the inseam will shrink almost 3". If you stretch the legs out while they are hanging to dry, you can keep the shrinkage to about 2". I mention the inseam issue because if you plan to get them hemmed, you should probably do a cold wash before you do. Well, unless you never plan on washing them, in which case it doesn't matter.
- The Unbranded Brand Jeans
- › +91(8890900967) POWER-FUL BLACK MAGIC SPECIALIST AGHORI baba ji 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › +91(8890900967) Famous Vashikaran Specialist Baba Ji For Love,... 6 minutes ago
- › Tips To Help You With Your Fitness Needs 6 minutes ago
- › contact- +91-9829566756 email - firstname.lastname@example.org love marriage... 8 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › +91(8890900967) Vashikaran Specialist Aghori Baba | India | 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › +91(8890900967) best love vashikaran specialist aghori baba ji... 10 minutes ago
- › +91(8890900967) Black Magic Specialist Baba, Remove Black Magic 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...