Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 91
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1352 of 15514/5/14 at 7:37ampost #1353 of 15514/5/14 at 8:59ampost #1354 of 15514/5/14 at 9:31ampost #1355 of 15514/5/14 at 9:32ampost #1356 of 15514/5/14 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Inktomei
Just purchased my first pair of raw denim so wanted to post thoughts and fit pics. I couldn't find any retail that carry them (Dallas), so I purchased a size 28 and a 29 off Urban Outfitter website. The pics shown are of the UB101 29 waist first day of wear (old sizing). I'm a small guy at 5'4" and 135 lbs so the 36" inseam was eating my alive, so I had them hemmed with a regular hem and lock stitching. I left a bit of slack in length anticipating some shrinking for the first wash.
I really struggled to get the 28 past my hips and could barely button the first lowest two buttons, partly due to how stiff the fabric is. For Levis 513/511 and J Crew 770 I'm usually a size 28, but these Unbranded are definitely tight in the waist. The 29s are snug in the waist but a bit loose everywhere else. I usually like a more snug fit throughout so as you can see in in the pics they look a bit baggy on me.
The back pockets are bigger than what I'm used to, but it's not too bad. Like many here had expressed I do wish that the front pockets to be a tad bigger, and perhaps a bit easier to access. It does not feel natural at all. Buttons, they've worked fine so far. I've taken care not forcing them in as the fabric is super stiff still and I've read many have had their buttons pop off.
As I'm writing this I'm on my 4th day of wear and noticing the indigo dye shedding quite a bit, especially when I've been around my kids all day with their little hands all over them. They were running to mama all excited about their hands turning blue.
My overall impression of them are positive so far. The material is nice and thick and although the fit is a bit looser than I'd like, they'll suffice as my first foray into selvedge raw denim. I look forward to getting some quality fades and will post periodic updates as I progress.
They're looking good - look forward to progress updates..post #1357 of 15514/6/14 at 8:08pmpost #1358 of 15514/6/14 at 9:02pmpost #1359 of 15514/6/14 at 9:15pmpost #1360 of 15514/6/14 at 9:18pmpost #1361 of 15514/9/14 at 10:55ampost #1362 of 15514/20/14 at 4:22pmpost #1363 of 15514/20/14 at 5:29pmpost #1364 of 15514/29/14 at 5:46pm
I am looking at the Unbranded 21 ounce jeans. UB221, I think. (I have large thighs/arse, so if there is a better choice, please advise).
Can anyone tell me if they are true waist size? I cannot buy them in person; only on line. My favorite jeans measure a true 34", and Gustin in 34" were very tight for a day, but in 2 days, fit perfectly.
What size should I get in the Unbranded 21 oz?
thanks!!post #1365 of 15514/29/14 at 6:08pmHey, I know you!
I have the UB221 in 33 and 32. The 32 fit me best. I wear a 32 Straight or 33 Slim in Gustin. Be warned of two things though. It will take longer to stretch out the 21oz jeans than the lighter-weight Gustins, and if you do a cold wash and hang dry the UB221s the inseam will shrink almost 3". If you stretch the legs out while they are hanging to dry, you can keep the shrinkage to about 2". I mention the inseam issue because if you plan to get them hemmed, you should probably do a cold wash before you do. Well, unless you never plan on washing them, in which case it doesn't matter.
- The Unbranded Brand Jeans
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 second ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...