or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Unbranded Brand Jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Unbranded Brand Jeans - Page 82

post #1216 of 1498

Somehow this is the most active jeans thread so I have to ask here: how does Unbranded compares in quality, fit (slim fit), materials and workmanship compared to other brands under or around $100?

 

Uniqlo Selvedge, Gustin, etc.

 

Old posts, the situation has probably changed since then:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/04/5-raw-denim-labels-under-100-part-1/

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/05/5-raw-denim-under-100-part-22/

post #1217 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post

Somehow this is the most active jeans thread so I have to ask here: how does Unbranded compares in quality, fit (slim fit), materials and workmanship compared to other brands under or around $100?

Uniqlo Selvedge, Gustin, etc.

Old posts, the situation has probably changed since then:
http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/04/5-raw-denim-labels-under-100-part-1/
http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/05/5-raw-denim-under-100-part-22/

Well, you get what you pay for.
post #1218 of 1498

Never had a pair of Gustin or Uniqlo.  I gots 2 pair of UP 221s though.  I recommend UB highly.  The indigo ain't as good/deep/pure as a pair of Momos or FH, but the weave is very nice.  They break in fast and easy and fade better than most $200+ denims with respect to contrast.  Oh, and they are flash faders. 

I recommend them highly and would buy again even though I have several higher end denims at this point.  Gustin never interested me.  I've heard Uniqlo's not bad at all but I've no experience with them.  You should note that Gilt has N&F denims on sale for under $100 on the reg.  If you aren't looking for the 21ozers, you might keep your eyes peeled for a pair of sub-$100 N&F too.

 

Thumbs up my shit.

post #1219 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy312 View Post
 

Never had a pair of Gustin or Uniqlo.  I gots 2 pair of UP 221s though.  I recommend UB highly.  The indigo ain't as good/deep/pure as a pair of Momos or FH, but the weave is very nice.  They break in fast and easy and fade better than most $200+ denims with respect to contrast.  Oh, and they are flash faders. 

I recommend them highly and would buy again even though I have several higher end denims at this point.  Gustin never interested me.  I've heard Uniqlo's not bad at all but I've no experience with them.  You should note that Gilt has N&F denims on sale for under $100 on the reg.  If you aren't looking for the 21ozers, you might keep your eyes peeled for a pair of sub-$100 N&F too.

 

Thumbs up my shit.

 

Did it. Thank you for your insights. One expression is not clear to me: flash faders. What does it mean?

 

Gilt? OK, the first time I signed up to one of those sites. Will see.

 

As I see they have a sign up bonus program? Give me your invite code, I'll sign up through you if it is beneficial for you or me.

 

Do you have any idea which Japanese mill supplies the denim for Unbranded? They declined to comment. And others are open about it. I am not quite sure how they want my business.

 

Which fit from N&F is comparable to Levi's 511?

post #1220 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post
 

 

Did it. Thank you for your insights. One expression is not clear to me: flash faders. What does it mean?

 

Gilt? OK, the first time I signed up to one of those sites. Will see.

 

As I see they have a sign up bonus program? Give me your invite code, I'll sign up through you if it is beneficial for you or me.

 

Do you have any idea which Japanese mill supplies the denim for Unbranded? They declined to comment. And others are open about it. I am not quite sure how they want my business.

 

Which fit from N&F is comparable to Levi's 511?

Flash fader = really fast high contrast fades.  Example: http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/07/fade-friday-unbranded-21-oz-121-skinny-2-5-months-no-washes/    <--it would take 6+ months and a wash to get fades like that with most other denims

 

I might have signed up for Gilt a long time ago, but I've never used it.  I did get email from them for a long time till I blocked them and they regularly had N&F jeans on sale for $79.

 

I do not know what mill supplies Unbranded denim.  Someone else on the forum might.  However, I understand it is the same facility that does N&F.


I think the slim guy is the closest cut to 511s. 

post #1221 of 1498

Can we expect Unbranded to go on sale in the next few months? Also I wear a 29-30 in N&F WG... should I get a 30 in Unbranded?

post #1222 of 1498

Just got my first pair of raw denim jeans in the mail today, which are UB. For the first 30 minutes I could only get the bottom two buttons buttoned, but as the day progressed I was able to get all of the buttons done. The jeans are super tight in the waist though. Like they become decently uncomfortable if I leave the top button done for more than an hour. Is this normal with UB, or raw denim in general? I usually wear a 31 waist, so I took the advice given and ordered a 30. I know they'll stretch some, but I'm kinda worried that it won't be enough to ever be comfortable. Any advice in this area?

 

Also the pockets are SUPER tight, like hurts-my-hands-to-put-into tight. Is there a way to stretch those out at all, or should I get used to using the back pockets (still pretty tight) as my main pockets?

 

Thanks for any advice you all have to give!

post #1223 of 1498

My jeans was also pretty tight in the start. The pockets didnt stretch much, but the waist stretched a bit.

Ive just worn them for about 100 days, but they never really got comfortable..So I bougth me some new jawns..

post #1224 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kinder View Post
 

Just got my first pair of raw denim jeans in the mail today, which are UB. For the first 30 minutes I could only get the bottom two buttons buttoned, but as the day progressed I was able to get all of the buttons done. The jeans are super tight in the waist though. Like they become decently uncomfortable if I leave the top button done for more than an hour. Is this normal with UB, or raw denim in general? I usually wear a 31 waist, so I took the advice given and ordered a 30. I know they'll stretch some, but I'm kinda worried that it won't be enough to ever be comfortable. Any advice in this area?

 

Also the pockets are SUPER tight, like hurts-my-hands-to-put-into tight. Is there a way to stretch those out at all, or should I get used to using the back pockets (still pretty tight) as my main pockets?

 

Thanks for any advice you all have to give!

I think the general 'rule of thumb' is that you should be able to get them buttoned all the way up the first go.  Thats how I got my UBs and they stretched out to a comfortable fit..form-fitting, but enough room around the waist for them to slouch.  If you cannot even get the top button closed, they will probably never be comfortable unless you lose weight.

 

If its not to late, I would return and go up one size.  Thumbs up my post.

post #1225 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post

Did it. Thank you for your insights. One expression is not clear to me: flash faders. What does it mean?

Gilt? OK, the first time I signed up to one of those sites. Will see.

As I see they have a sign up bonus program? Give me your invite code, I'll sign up through you if it is beneficial for you or me.

Do you have any idea which Japanese mill supplies the denim for Unbranded? They declined to comment. And others are open about it. I am not quite sure how they want my business.

Which fit from N&F is comparable to Levi's 511?
skinny guys, slim guys are like 514's
post #1226 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy312 View Post
 

I think the general 'rule of thumb' is that you should be able to get them buttoned all the way up the first go.  Thats how I got my UBs and they stretched out to a comfortable fit..form-fitting, but enough room around the waist for them to slouch.  If you cannot even get the top button closed, they will probably never be comfortable unless you lose weight.

 

If its not to late, I would return and go up one size.  Thumbs up my post.

 

I can get the top button closed, but you're right that I wasn't able to on the first try. Returning isn't possible because I got them on eBay for about $20 cheaper than UB's website, and the seller doesn't accept returns. How easy is it to resell UB jeans?

 

It doesn't make much sense to me why everyone says to size down one, but it not be true? I'm tempted to just keep wearing them until they're comfortable, but I also don't wanna wear them in and then not be able to sell them if I really do need 31's.

post #1227 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kinder View Post
 

 

I can get the top button closed, but you're right that I wasn't able to on the first try. Returning isn't possible because I got them on eBay for about $20 cheaper than UB's website, and the seller doesn't accept returns. How easy is it to resell UB jeans?

 

It doesn't make much sense to me why everyone says to size down one, but it not be true? I'm tempted to just keep wearing them until they're comfortable, but I also don't wanna wear them in and then not be able to sell them if I really do need 31's.

 

Everything I read said to size up one, not down one.

I got true to size and they are tight but not bad. If you can't button the top button the first time I think that's pretty obvious they are too small...we are dudes after all.

post #1228 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kinder View Post

I can get the top button closed, but you're right that I wasn't able to on the first try. Returning isn't possible because I got them on eBay for about $20 cheaper than UB's website, and the seller doesn't accept returns. How easy is it to resell UB jeans?

It doesn't make much sense to me why everyone says to size down one, but it not be true? I'm tempted to just keep wearing them until they're comfortable, but I also don't wanna wear them in and then not be able to sell them if I really do need 31's.

The waist will stretch. Just wear them. Only one that you shouldn't size down on is the skinny fit. The pockets will also stretch (mine did anyways) but I just got to a point where I can use them comfortably and I've worn them since January, but not a lot because I can't wear them to work.
post #1229 of 1498
ok quick question, In the n&f e2's i went tts 32
now the unbranded 121's the tagged 32's are actually 33.5
should i still go tts on these?
post #1230 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushburner View Post
 

Can we expect Unbranded to go on sale in the next few months? Also I wear a 29-30 in N&F WG... should I get a 30 in Unbranded?

bump

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Unbranded Brand Jeans