or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I would never wear.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I would never wear..... - Page 12

post #166 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil View Post
-Good for going to/from beach for those sandal hating weirdos who wear their Allen Edmonds in the sand. Can also be worn on boats. (Boats! Awesome!)
Sorry, but I'm going to guess that 90+% of the people that wear boat shoes not only don't wear them to the beach but live nowhere near one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil View Post
-Really just a good all around versatile casual shoe.
Agree to disagree. Like chrono said, there are times when people can make it work but most of those people are 60 years-old, wear PRL shorts that end a cunt hair below their ball sack, and live along the French Riviera. I couldn't stop laughing when I was in NYC in Dec/Jan with several inches on the ground and people STILL wearing them because they were part of the LES crowd.

To each their own but a "good all-around versatile casual shoe" has already been invented. It's called the "sneaker."
post #167 of 252
^ Agreed, agreed, agreed. "shorts that end a cunt hair below their ball sack" made me laugh out loud.
post #168 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by malefic View Post
^ Agreed, agreed, agreed.

"shorts that end a cunt hair below their ball sack" made me laugh out loud.

Yeah. That was pretty poetic.
post #169 of 252
Somehow I forgot to mention I loathe anything with toggle closures.

"Excuse me, the two sides of your band jacket are trying to mate."
post #170 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
why specifically Barker Blacks?

I guess I should have specified that I am not a fan of the skull and crossbones motif on many of the shoes. It's one thing if it the motif is on a Polo Rugby brand shirt or tie made for teenagers who are spending their parent's money to look cool. But when grown men are spending $600+ on fine shoes with such a silly motif - I have to wonder who they are trying to impress?
post #171 of 252
* Skinny jeans * Boat shoes * Drop crotch * Monk straps * Suspenders * Ascots * Vests * Anything with a hood * Hats * Wayfarers * Seersucker * Cargo pants * Toggles * Cropped * Pink * EG * Chelsea boots * Pointy shoes
post #172 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post
I guess I should have specified that I am not a fan of the skull and crossbones motif on many of the shoes. It's one thing if it the motif is on a Polo Rugby brand shirt or tie made for teenagers who are spending their parent's money to look cool. But when grown men are spending $600+ on fine shoes with such a silly motif - I have to wonder who they are trying to impress?

what if you're not a grown man what then?
post #173 of 252
Any Desert Boot spinoff (J. Crew, American Eagle, etc.) Especially these...
http://www.johnvarvatos.com/Hipster_...14/p/1185.html
Tire material for the sole?
post #174 of 252
Spending hundreds of dollars to look like a Lumberjack. Do Not Understand. (Unless you are a lumberjack. Then I totally understand.)
post #175 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
what if you're not a grown man what then?

Are you trying to tell us something Agelus?
post #176 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Sorry, but I'm going to guess that 90+% of the people that wear boat shoes not only don't wear them to the beach but live nowhere near one.

Agree to disagree. Like chrono said, there are times when people can make it work but most of those people are 60 years-old, wear PRL shorts that end a cunt hair below their ball sack, and live along the French Riviera. I couldn't stop laughing when I was in NYC in Dec/Jan with several inches on the ground and people STILL wearing them because they were part of the LES crowd.

To each their own but a "good all-around versatile casual shoe" has already been invented. It's called the "sneaker."

Like i said though, lots of clothes were once "technically" meant for a specific thing or person. They end up being easy enough to wear and if they work with some stuff they get adopted and worn a lot. I've seen normal people, young, old, middle aged and of different styles wearing boat shoes forever but maybe that's because i've lived in florida all my life. I also think they can be worn solid in fashion type looks. Most people who are hopping on because they see it become trendy or whatnot do look pretty lame imo. I dont' think they're that hard to make work well though. Not to mention, that a lot of times when i'm going to run a quick errand or go down to the corner store, i just wanna slip something on my feet quickly they're great to wear instead of sandals.

Most people trying to wear boat shoes look lame, but then again, can't that be said about most people's outfits in general? I see just as many people look shitty in sneakers and laceups. Chucks look lame as hell and make the person look like a nerd most of the time, but they can definitely look good at times. Hell, i've seen some fits on the forum with nice boots/laceups (like w&h boots or paul smith laceups) and other nice brands look like shit. I think the issue is more with the person.
post #177 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Most people who are hopping on because they see it become trendy or whatnot do look pretty lame imo.
Yup. Welcome to styleforum.
post #178 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Chucks look lame as hell and make the person look like a nerd most of the time, but they can definitely look good at times. .

Really? I think of Chucks like I think of white tees. They cross styles, ages, genres, and are pretty much impossible to fuck up. Along with Sambas they have been my no thought required gotta own a pair go to sneaker/basic shoe for at east 15 years.
post #179 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Really? I think of Chucks like I think of white tees. They cross styles, ages, genres, and are pretty much impossible to fuck up. Along with Sambas they have been my no thought required gotta own a pair go to sneaker/basic shoe for at east 15 years.
Keep in mind that chrono also rolls his pants and wears boat shoes.
post #180 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Really? I think of Chucks like I think of white tees. They cross styles, ages, genres, and are pretty much impossible to fuck up. Along with Sambas they have been my no thought required gotta own a pair go to sneaker/basic shoe for at east 15 years.

That's cool and i'm gonna let you finish but they mostly look pretty lame or at the most boring. However, that isn't a knock against chucks necessarily but the person wearing them as i've seen some fits where chucks were absolutely perfect and made me jealous and even want a pair of hitop white chucks for an outfit or two i had in mind where no other shoes would work. There really is no "goes with everything" kinda shoe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Keep in mind that chrono also rolls his pants and wears boat shoes.

I also drink diet soda (then again, good fountain coke is the only normal soda i'll do and it's so so delicious). Also, i don't like soiling my beautiful coca-cola classic with alcohol. I reserve that for lesser beverages
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I would never wear.....