or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › world cup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

world cup - Page 48

post #706 of 1044
Quote:
I just want to know why you care, I mean, the Steelers were OBVIOUSLY the right wing conservative team in that matchup.

Excuse me? Who ran the ball all year almost exclusively? Since when is 3 yards (OK-4.5) and a cloud of dust a leftist offense?

Holmgren never tries at least one trick play a game like Cowher does.

The Rooneys are known to contribute large amounts to WWF and GreenPeace. **

The Seahawks lost the Super Bowl because:

1. Their coach is a doofus when it comes to clock mgt./strategy- see my beloved Packers loss in their 4th Super Bowl appearance
2. Not enough diversity in thier offense
3. Said coach's egomaniacal stab at being Coach/GM and taking more money, f***ng the Packers and leaving town

Walrus' Karma will keep you from winning it all until he leaves.





** Completely made up.
post #707 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Excuse me? Who ran the ball all year almost exclusively?

Well neither team ran the ball "almost exclusively" last year, but the team that ran the MOST (for less yards incedentally) was The Steelers. Whats your point?

Quote:
Since when is 3 yards (OK-4.5) and a cloud of dust a leftist offense?

It's not that the Steelers offense is "leftist" it is, however, CONSERVATIVE. Thats the difference.

Oh, and Steve, the Seahawks averaged 5.8 yards per offensive play in 2005. The Steelers 5.0. We also out-averaged them in rushing yards. Our passing yards are slightly down, but Roethlisberger only completed on average about 10 passes a game, compared to Hasselbeck's 19 so their numbers are skewed.

Quote:
Holmgren never tries at least one trick play a game like Cowher does.
Since when does being dishonest or trying to decieve people equate to liberalism in your opinion? I thought I had you pegged Steve.


Quote:
The Rooneys are known to contribute large amounts to WWF and GreenPeace.

Well thats fantastic. Paul Allen has given away 800 million dollars in charity. I still don't see your point.

Quote:
The Seahawks lost the Super Bowl because:

1. Their coach is a doofus when it comes to clock mgt./strategy- see my beloved Packers loss in their 4th Super Bowl appearance
2. Not enough diversity in thier offense
3. Said coach's egomaniacal stab at being Coach/GM and taking more money, f***ng the Packers and leaving town

Walrus' Karma will keep you from winning it all until he leaves.

Point one taken - But Mike Martz won a superbowl, and he's a blithering idiot about clock management.

Point two is your prejudice at work. The facts do not back you up. Seahawks Rushing plays in 2005 - 519 for 2457 yards. Seahawks Passing plays in 2005 - 474 for 3458 yards. Thats pretty damn close to 50/50 Steve.

Compared with the Pissburgh Stealers with 549 rushing plays for 2223 yards and ONLY 379 passing plays for 2926 yards. Its pretty obvious which team is less offensively diverse, the Steelers rely VERY heavily on the run. Always have Steve, where have you been? End of story.

point three... you blame him for leaving town because of money? What are you a communist? I don't blame Steve Hutchinson for leaving town because the Vikings were willing to egregiously overpay for him. I think the Vikings are stupid idiots for paying him that much, but if they go to the Superbowl next year maybe I'll change my mind. I don't think he's irreplacable by any means.


Sorry to thread-jack... but Steve started it.
post #708 of 1044
My point remains the same.

The Steelers won.

post #709 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
My point remains the same.

The Steelers won.


Thats right, fall back on your one valid point when all the facts you argue turn out to be unfairly prejudiced and incorrect. Go back to hiding in your little utopia.

The refs stole that game.
post #710 of 1044
Quote:
The refs stole that game.

In a parallel universe.

And I know parallel universes.
post #711 of 1044
Thread Starter 
can someone please kick steve out of this thread?
post #712 of 1044
Cristiano Ronaldo has announced he wants to leave Utd,now I can finally join in the condemnation.Hurrah!
post #713 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Point one taken - But Mike Martz won a superbowl, and he's a blithering idiot about clock management.

Actually Martz lost a super bowl when he didn't give the ball to the leagues best player, Marshall Faulk. He did receive a Super Bowl ring while a member of Dick Vermeil's Rams. I will never forgive him for screwing Faulk out of a second ring.

Holmgren does have certain superstitions regarding the Super Bowl and his belief in offense that have cost him the game, twice. That said, Cowher is a loser. It was just that Roethlisberger was able to overcome Cowher's tendencies. Big Ben is the real deal.

Dan Reeves = Loser, too.

It remains to be seen if LT can overcome a Schottenheimer. That's BIG mojo if he can. First Ballot hall-of fame stuff.

All that said. What you need to know is that tomorrow's WC =

ZIDANE!

ZIDANE!

ZIDANE!!!
post #714 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
Cristiano Ronaldo has announced he wants to leave Utd,now I can finally join in the condemnation.Hurrah!

If he comes to Real I'll cry.
post #715 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Actually Martz lost a super bowl when he didn't give the ball to the leagues best player, Marshall Faulk. He did receive a Super Bowl ring while a member of Dick Vermeil's Rams. I will never forgive him for screwing Faulk out of a second ring.

Actually, Bill Belichick denied Martz (and Faulk) a second Super Bowl by coming up with a brilliant game plan that Martz couldn't cope with.

Go Patriots!

And yes, Seattle was jobbed by the officials. As was New England against Denver. Kudos to the Steelers for beating the Colts even though the refs did everything in their power to guarantee a Colts victory.
post #716 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
Cristiano Ronaldo has announced he wants to leave Utd,now I can finally join in the condemnation.Hurrah!
Marcello Lippi is going to take the place of Ferguson. That should be interesting.
post #717 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney
It remains to be seen if LT can overcome a Schottenheimer. That's BIG mojo if he can. First Ballot hall-of fame stuff.
I think the Charger's struggles is going to be more directly attritubale to the Charger's GM than Martyball. The Chargers this year seemed to be on the cusp of making a very deep run into the playoffs, but they jeopardized that with their decision to turn to the unproven Philip Rivers. Rivers has a higher upside than Brees, but its still a slow learning process for a QB to learn to handle a NFL offense. By the time Rivers finally lives up to his potential, the Chargers might have just wasted the best, most productive years of LT.
post #718 of 1044
Quote:
Thats right, fall back on your one valid point when all the facts you argue turn out to be unfairly prejudiced and incorrect. Go back to hiding in your little utopia.

The key to Utopia is that the Truth always remains the Truth.


Quote:
can someone please kick steve out of this thread?

You guys have had 47.5 pages of soccer. The other .5 is Cannon Tax.
post #719 of 1044
actually this is probably the only thread to go anywhere near this length without any real controversy....few outbursts here and there, but it has been remarkably civil. surely with the final just hours away we can rectify this... are black suits suitable for football?
post #720 of 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
The key to Utopia is that the Truth always remains the Truth.
Unfortunately for the rest of us, Utopian "Truth" is what people everywhere else like to call: "Steve's bogus opinions, formed not from fact or observation, but from snap judgements based on incomplete evidence and prejudice against Mike Holmgren." Anyways, I simulated the world cup finals 10 times on my playstation 2. France won 8 times. Out of those 8 times the score was 1-Nil 5 times. 3 of those were goals scored within the first 15 minutes, and two of THOSE were within the first six minutes. SO... the I'm going to predict that France will win 1-0, the goal will come early... based on the "bogus opinions of my Playstation 2"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › world cup