Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cowboy boots - Page 28
Styleforum Top Picks
If I can learn the process for posting images, I'll offer some examples of the art and craftsmanship of Dave Wheeler (Houston) and Eddie Kimmel (Comanche).
Sanded Nile Crocodile belly in black with snip toe.
Probably made by Stallion or Rios of Mercedez 30-40 years ago for the Billy Martin Western Wear store in NY City.
Butter soft tops made from kangaroo with 14 rows of black and gray stitching.
Edited by Swan Song - 8/14/14 at 6:49pm
Well, searching the subject and coming on this thread I felt need to respond fwiw.
Living (and having lived) in Italy for many years now, let me say that cowboy boots are popular here.
Having to soon return to TX (with a shudder and broken heart) as my family are there and I must begin somewhere again..i don't know how it will feel? Like wearing the t-shirt of the band you are going to see at their concert or a Yankees jacket in NY?
They can be kind of "sprezzy" yes...not really my style, the rock n roll, Italian sprezzatura...i am a classical fashion guy.
Anyway, it ALL comes down to (as usual) with these questions and talk ....TO GOOD TASTE and FINE SENSE OF STYLE.
..which excuse me, I do hate to be rude and would NEVER ruin anyone's fun...the boots and styles within this thread...some made me physically ill. Made me feel the need to defend these boots!!
And no...do not EVER wear them with a f**king suit!!!! Please..
And one needs to be well built..on the thinner side...with long legs preferably I feel.
Some things work for people some don't..they are not for everyone.
As usual, if they stand out or you can't "own it"' ... then you should not be wearing it. Period.
Researching all of this trying to find THE BEST...as usual...came across of course some Spanish makers...
...one of the well regarded ones stated that some 70% of their business is to women and women's line now.
Not surprised...tall boots/cowboy boots are perfect for women's figures and dress.
I am into sartorial and artisan stuff of all sorts as most here...and subtle is the name of the game generally with these IMHO....
One can find very fine craftsmanship with these...great materials, older vintage ones with great character can be found..no pointed toes or "grinder" heels for me however..
In the end I thought I was merely after a tall chelsea boot???
...and at some of the prices these seem to go for I would prefer a Tricker's boot!
But strangely, the only thing I ever liked about TX were the boots..I remember my first pair as a kid moving from NY to LUBBOCK of all places, and parents separation...
They can become strangely more sentimental than other shoes..in fact i am sure I have those snakeskin boots somewhere...they bring back memories. snakeskin...hah..how cheesy.
Attached are a couple images for those trying to get an idea of what to do with them.
Think Robert Redford of the 70's etc..
Edited by demian19003 - 12/3/14 at 1:29pm
Yes...I rarely say no across the board to things..unless it is just in bad taste to begin, I enjoy trying to make thing work..
But square toe shoes of any sort are, to me, the same as ventless sport or suit coats.
I would never wear it. Ever. A temporary fad from the 90's.
But for some, on a boot like this, an exception could be made... it may work for you. It is funny how these things work.
However unless you have something particular in mind, go for the round toe. Far more versatile and universal.
Looks like a chelsea boot.
PS: With something like this, why go with Justin? They seem to be crap.
Go Lucchese, Tony Mora, Loblen, Sancho are a few names Ive come across...you can find some real deals these days, and they'll last forever and age well.
If I have learned anything from art and antiques, and even this stuff...one good thing is worth a dozen crap things.
Edited by demian19003 - 11/26/14 at 6:12pm
- Cowboy boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 40 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 46 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 54 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › UK9 Carmina Burgundy Museum U-Cap Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › What low-quality clothing brands do you like anyway? 3 minutes ago
- › ***5TH ANNUAL SF 2015-2016 YAHOO! FANTASY BASKETBALL FANTASY LEAGUE... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth