Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Cowboy boots - Page 12post #166 of 5054/9/12 at 4:04pmpost #167 of 5054/9/12 at 4:05pmpost #168 of 5054/9/12 at 4:11pmpost #169 of 5054/9/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Bet on it. Of course I do ride horses but stirrups and spurs are optional equipment. I find bareback riding with a bitless bridle to be much more challenging. One thing for sure though. I would never ever ride a saddled horse wearing anything but cowboy boots. Anyone who rides knows why but for those who don't you don't want to snag a heel in a stirrup if you get tossed off.
So taking cowboy boots off is tough?
You aint doing it right if that's the case.post #170 of 5054/9/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
With all due respect, that's simply not true. In fact, it is entirely false. All you need is a boot jack.post #171 of 5054/9/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
Like I'm carrying a boot jack to the bar with me, and/or have one handy when I'm back at Chelsea Clinton's apartment at the end of the evening. Come on.post #172 of 5054/9/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
Well, the immediate question is why you would want to take your boots off at a bar?
And as far as Chelsea's apartment...whoever she is...there are boot jacks that will fit in your back pocket.
Take my word for it...boots are not hard to get off. And RTW boots are a lot easier to get off than bespoke boots (depending on the maker and where they were made.post #173 of 5054/9/12 at 7:06pmQuote:
I'm too lazy to dig up the image from Google that best characterizes my response, and which I'd otherwise like to insert as my wordless reply. But I'll spare you the dramatic tension, and just spoil it right now. It's Captain Picard, with his face resting squarely in the palm of his hand.post #174 of 5054/26/12 at 1:59pmpost #175 of 5054/27/12 at 4:57pmpost #176 of 5054/27/12 at 6:23pmQuote:
Have you ever had a pair of custom/bespoke boots?
Along the Mexico/Texas border...and to some extent throughout the SW where the border influence is strong...boots are made wide in the throat.
But in the Northern tier states--Colorado, up through Wyoming and Montana, boots are made such that it takes an effort to get them on and a boot jack or a willing helper (preferably female) to get them off. Since a boot has no laces for adjustment, the narrower throated boot fits better.
I make boots in the Northern style...my teacher learned at the knee of a famous bootmaker whose name was Blucher (I can't think of the first name, it may have just been initials) in the early 20th century.
FWIW, boot jacks predate the heyday of Western/cowboy boots.post #177 of 5054/27/12 at 7:41pmpost #178 of 5055/4/12 at 3:35pm
I have in my possesion four boots, two Tony Lamas, one pair of Justins and one pair of lucchese boots. skins and hides range from Lizard, Caiman, Bull, Ostrich leg/knee(not sure which one though). I want to get ahold of some Anteater, African Bull frog, Vintage Horned Back Lizard. Have not seen too many Anteater pics so please post if you have any dinosaurs like the ones I've mentioned thanks!post #179 of 5055/4/12 at 4:15pmpost #180 of 5055/10/12 at 5:46pm
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Christian Kimber Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide