Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Cowboy boots - Page 12post #166 of 5144/9/12 at 4:04pmpost #167 of 5144/9/12 at 4:05pmpost #168 of 5144/9/12 at 4:11pmpost #169 of 5144/9/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Bet on it. Of course I do ride horses but stirrups and spurs are optional equipment. I find bareback riding with a bitless bridle to be much more challenging. One thing for sure though. I would never ever ride a saddled horse wearing anything but cowboy boots. Anyone who rides knows why but for those who don't you don't want to snag a heel in a stirrup if you get tossed off.
So taking cowboy boots off is tough?
You aint doing it right if that's the case.post #170 of 5144/9/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
With all due respect, that's simply not true. In fact, it is entirely false. All you need is a boot jack.post #171 of 5144/9/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
Like I'm carrying a boot jack to the bar with me, and/or have one handy when I'm back at Chelsea Clinton's apartment at the end of the evening. Come on.post #172 of 5144/9/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
Well, the immediate question is why you would want to take your boots off at a bar?
And as far as Chelsea's apartment...whoever she is...there are boot jacks that will fit in your back pocket.
Take my word for it...boots are not hard to get off. And RTW boots are a lot easier to get off than bespoke boots (depending on the maker and where they were made.post #173 of 5144/9/12 at 7:06pmQuote:
I'm too lazy to dig up the image from Google that best characterizes my response, and which I'd otherwise like to insert as my wordless reply. But I'll spare you the dramatic tension, and just spoil it right now. It's Captain Picard, with his face resting squarely in the palm of his hand.post #174 of 5144/26/12 at 1:59pmpost #175 of 5144/27/12 at 4:57pmpost #176 of 5144/27/12 at 6:23pmQuote:
Have you ever had a pair of custom/bespoke boots?
Along the Mexico/Texas border...and to some extent throughout the SW where the border influence is strong...boots are made wide in the throat.
But in the Northern tier states--Colorado, up through Wyoming and Montana, boots are made such that it takes an effort to get them on and a boot jack or a willing helper (preferably female) to get them off. Since a boot has no laces for adjustment, the narrower throated boot fits better.
I make boots in the Northern style...my teacher learned at the knee of a famous bootmaker whose name was Blucher (I can't think of the first name, it may have just been initials) in the early 20th century.
FWIW, boot jacks predate the heyday of Western/cowboy boots.post #177 of 5144/27/12 at 7:41pmpost #178 of 5145/4/12 at 3:35pm
I have in my possesion four boots, two Tony Lamas, one pair of Justins and one pair of lucchese boots. skins and hides range from Lizard, Caiman, Bull, Ostrich leg/knee(not sure which one though). I want to get ahold of some Anteater, African Bull frog, Vintage Horned Back Lizard. Have not seen too many Anteater pics so please post if you have any dinosaurs like the ones I've mentioned thanks!post #179 of 5145/4/12 at 4:15pmpost #180 of 5145/10/12 at 5:46pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons MAN parka 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 22 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 28 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 30 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 44 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 47 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...