Probably made in Mexico.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Cowboy boots - Page 11post #151 of 5126/20/11 at 10:30pmpost #152 of 5126/20/11 at 11:22pmQuote:I have a question for everyone here; I've been searching for an answer for months (on and off, of course) to no avail, really.
1) What is the absolutely-bet-your-life-on-it-correct cm/inches-to-size chart? I have seen some VERY weird formulas for shoe sizing over the years.
2) How true to size do Lucchese classics fit?
Now, I can't just subtract 1/2 sizes or whatnot from my normal shoe size, because honestly I do not know my actual shoe size. I wear mostly 7.5s, but they're laced and if they were loafers, they'd come right off. I have a pair of size 5 Dolce&Gabbana lace-ups, and they fit basically the same as my 7.5Patent lace-ups and Bucks from Brooks Brothers. This is the reason I asked for a definitive size-chart.
Now, if some of you are wondering what the hell a Finn thinks he's doing by wearing cowboy boots. Well, I was *born* in Texas (not raised there though), so... yeah I'm not actually Finnish.
Anyway, I would try them on before buying but there are absolutely no cowboy boots being sold where I'm currently residing, nor in any of the countries I'll be residing in, in the near future, so online is my only hope.
Good luck, you'll need it.
1) Doesn't exist. I wouldn't ever bet my life on something like that.
2) Luchesse Classics fit differently depending on the last shape, typically indicated by the toe type.
My best suggestion is to visit Austin or some other Texan town (or best yet, El Paso where the Luchesse factory and factory store is) and try them on. It's also hard to get a feeling for what the exotic leathers look like online. For example, goatskin looks very nice and shiny online but when you see it in real life- it might be too shiny for your every day life. However, it looks like that isn't an option from your message. As a substitution, try talking to Allen Boots or hell, Zappos might have them and they generally will accept returns. I'd start with 7.5D and see where you went from there.
Luchesse Classics are really, really great boots. It's odd for me to look back at my post back in 2007 before I graduated from college and when I only had one pair of shitty boots- as a professional, I now have 3 pairs including one pair of Luchesses. Additionally, I did a 7 month stint in Boston and continued to wear them regardless- I will say that they did get some positive attention and a story to tell about being from Texas. Now, I'm not one to wear something just because I think girls will like it but I'll admit that it was a great conversation starter.post #153 of 5126/20/11 at 11:39pmIt's funny because 30 years ago I was making boots with a nearly identical chisel toe that is so in vogue with present day European shoes. And now I see on one of the bespoke maker's blogs that some "fashion forward" folks are fooling around with designs for shoes what have the old half box toe that I put on the first pair of boots I made for myself forty years ago. And I fell in love with that toe when I saw it on an old waddie's boots up in Idaho Springs five years before that. PS: goatskin is delicate...it's simply an older version of kidskin and kid might be the most delicate leather shoe or bootmakers use. When goat is shiny, the probability approaches unity that it is heavily "painted"--finished.post #154 of 5126/22/11 at 10:47pmpost #155 of 5126/23/11 at 11:18pmpost #156 of 5126/24/11 at 2:56pmpost #157 of 5126/26/11 at 4:37ampost #158 of 5127/6/11 at 6:49pmpost #159 of 5123/15/12 at 2:18pmpost #160 of 5123/17/12 at 6:52pmpost #161 of 5123/18/12 at 12:14pmpost #162 of 5124/9/12 at 1:41pmpost #163 of 5124/9/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
Hmmm, following that logic, who is it that then wears loafers? Or monk straps?
Yes, I wear expensive, stylish, comfortable bespoke cowboy boots with three piece suits. Oh the horror... and the ladies tend to love the look.post #164 of 5124/9/12 at 2:47pmQuote:
Regular Matt Houston you arepost #165 of 5124/9/12 at 4:02pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1584 Active Users (332 Members and 1252 Guests)
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 11 seconds ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 5 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding