or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › abercrombie & fitch shirts - why the hate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

abercrombie & fitch shirts - why the hate? - Page 3

post #31 of 211
i feel like the ralph lauren brands push pretty much the same image that anf pushes, except add "rich" to the list of positive adjectives speaking of brand images, ndg has a ridiculous one
post #32 of 211
Just checked their site, WOW, the prices are ridiculously more expensive than I thought it would be. Some of the pieces are even more expensive than Jcrew, the prices on the shirts and jackets are on par with Jcrew.
post #33 of 211
Abercrombie occcasionally has a few legit sweaters too. that wax jacket they have this season is decent.
post #34 of 211
shirts fit TTS, or do you have to size down like Jcrew? Like a couple shirts, I might just try ordering online, none of the adverse effects of going to the store. Any coupon codes?
post #35 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blynch View Post
shirts fit TTS, or do you have to size down like Jcrew?
Like a couple shirts, I might just try ordering online, none of the adverse effects of going to the store. Any coupon codes?

Do not size down - the shirts are very slim as they are.
post #36 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost View Post
Just checked their site, WOW, the prices are ridiculously more expensive than I thought it would be. Some of the pieces are even more expensive than Jcrew, the prices on the shirts and jackets are on par with Jcrew.

+1. Excellent point about RL.
post #37 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost View Post
Just checked their site, WOW, the prices are ridiculously more expensive than I thought it would be. Some of the pieces are even more expensive than Jcrew, the prices on the shirts and jackets are on par with Jcrew.

sigh. jcrew quality is not as good as abercrombie quality. no joke. also, abercrombie can be found for very cheap when sale time comes, but jcrew gets like 20% off? its kinda ridic
post #38 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
sigh. jcrew quality is not as good as abercrombie quality. no joke. also, abercrombie can be found for very cheap when sale time comes, but jcrew gets like 20% off? its kinda ridic

Totally agree - AnF shirts are way better than jcrew.
post #39 of 211
I knew it was only a matter of time before you guys started warming up to A&F lol. After all the Jizz Crew love, I was thinking, this is basically unbranded A&F. I don't care for flannels much but those patterns are pretty ugly. A&F fits way better than J Crew though.
post #40 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
whats so bad about anf branding? it basically says something like "if you wear anf, you are attractive, fit, and popular"...
. . . and homoerotic (no hate, just puzzling to see it directed at uber-hetero douchebag clientele) http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=f&oq=&aqi=g10 http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wc...10051_10901_-1 . . . and kind of pedophilic (not sure if that is spelled right, I don't type it ever and am not willing to google it to confirm) . . . and logo driven and other issues I am too tired to list. The shirts may be fine though, that is a separate issue.
post #41 of 211
A&F quality isn't bad and, while the button ups have logos, the entire pocket can be rather easily removed with a seam ripper. The fit is definitely slim and, as an added bonus for the especially slender members of this forum, I believe that many button ups now come in size XS. However, I am very confused about A&F's choice to create these jeans. Mike Jeffries was always rather adamant about A&F's aesthetic being overtly masculine, evidenced by the store pushing tight tops paired with sagged cargo shorts and baggy jeans. This denim offering simply seems like a huge departure from everything associated with the "A&F look."
post #42 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post
. . . and homoerotic (no hate, just puzzling to see it directed at uber-hetero douchebag clientele)

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=f&oq=&aqi=g10

http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wc...10051_10901_-1

. . . and kind of pedophilic (not sure if that is spelled right, I don't type it ever and am not willing to google it to confirm)

. . . and logo driven and other issues I am too tired to list.

The shirts may be fine though, that is a separate issue.

Where do you see pedophilia in their marketing?? Are you 100 years old?
post #43 of 211
So a&f is good because they have a good flannel this season? It's no different than other talentless mall brands, personally I'd rather wear jcrew than that garbage.

I find it amusing those mc guys are into streetwear brands with training wheels. I figure they'd apply the same logic that I would if I were venturing into mc.

And finally streetwear is now complete with all the requisite garbage mall brand threads. We can now proceed to merge them into one MONSTER garbage thread.
post #44 of 211
i dont like branding but the idea that branding and what it represents is inherently bad is retarded. whenever we wear a specific look or reference a subculture with our clothing we're presenting a specific image and are represented by the inherent qualities of that reference
post #45 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
So a&f is good because they have a good flannel this season? It's no different than other talentless mall brands, personally I'd rather wear jcrew than that garbage.

I find it amusing those mc guys are into streetwear brands with training wheels. I figure they'd apply the same logic that I would if I were venturing into mc.

And finally streetwear is now complete with all the requisite garbage mall brand threads. We can now proceed to merge them into one MONSTER garbage thread.

It took you until the third page to chime in? You're slipping!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › abercrombie & fitch shirts - why the hate?