• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two days in San Francisco

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Starting tomorrow.
Staying near Union Square.
Never been.
What to do?

lefty

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get some chinese food!

i highly recommend R&G cafe. get the crab.

then check out shops around union square. wilkes, barneys, alden and ae are within walking distance of each other.

if you're the sort who digs classical music, u'll do well to head over the symphony district where u can catch the sfso and ballet.

marin

Reaction score
Not much time, really, so you're best off staying in the city. You could go to Coit Tower for the view, walk through North Beach, rent bikes and ride along the bay to the Marina District. If you enjoy biking, you could even cross the GGB, walk around Sausalito, and take the ferry back.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's sunny, go to Zeitgeist mid-afternoon and get drunk in the beer garden.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chinese food.
Shopping.
Crab.
Avedon.
Perfect weekend.

Thanks,

lefty

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Chinese food.
Shopping.
Crab.
Avedon.
Perfect weekend.

Thanks,

lefty

Sounds like good stuff. I'll be there in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to a lot of the same experiences. It's been awhile since my last visit. Enjoy!!!

jtoddaz

Reaction score
If you're into running, I would run the Golden Gate. The run back across the bridge towards the city has some phenomenal views.....and it's free!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right now I'm touring makeup counters at all the stores in US then heading to some place called the Slanting Door for lunch.

lefty

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Right now I'm touring makeup counters at all the stores in US then heading to some place called the Slanting Door for lunch.

lefty

Slanted Door? Nice. Walk down the Embarcadero afterwards going North. Nice little walk.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf. See the sea lions out on the pier. Definitely cool to see. Then get out of that area.

Walk from the Marina Green west along the water... all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge and back.

Those are two "must dos".

Wandering around the Haight (haight/ashbury) area is good for a couple hours, too.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
get some chinese food!

i highly recommend R&G cafe. get the crab.

then check out shops around union square. wilkes, barneys, alden and ae are within walking distance of each other.

Originally Posted by marin
rent bikes and ride along the bay to the Marina District. If you enjoy biking, you could even cross the GGB, walk around Sausalito, and take the ferry back.

+1 to all this.

Must go to R&G. It's just that friggin amazing.

Make sure you check out Wilkes Bashford too!
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics