or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Steve Jobs style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs style

post #1 of 55
Thread Starter 
Jobs used to rock the bow tie and DB pretty well.

post #2 of 55
What happened?



post #3 of 55
It's the comb over syndrome.
post #4 of 55
When you're young, hungry and want to be taken seriously, you dress up. When you're old, rich, and want people to think your dick still works, you dress like you're 22.
post #5 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
When you're young, hungry and want to be taken seriously, you dress up. When you're old, rich, and want people to think your dick still works, you dress like you're 22.

LMAO
post #6 of 55
He doesn't want to dress like a PC. He should go with that denim look though to be truly hip:
post #7 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
When you're young, hungry and want to be taken seriously, you dress up. When you're old, rich, and want people to think your dick still works, you dress like you're 22.
I don't see very many 22 year old guys wearing any of the elements Steve is wearing, let alone all of them together at once.... 1. Dad jeans 2. Black mock turtleneck 3. Shirt tucked into jeans Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality. Where I live if you go to the local brew pub inhabited by mostly the college age group, usually the only people you see dressed anything like Steve Jobs are quite a bit older than 22. The man obviously feels vindicated through his more recent success as CEO of the company that he originally helped create and thus no longer needs to prove anything to the world. I would guess he also likes wearing the same casual uniform everyday since it speaks to being a regular guy, which has been an on-going trend in American culture for quite some time. AND he simply has no style!
post #8 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
I don't see very many 22 year old guys wearing any of the elements Steve is wearing, let alone all of them together at once....

1. Dad jeans
2. Black mock turtleneck
3. Shirt tucked into jeans

Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality. Where I live if you go to the local brew pub inhabited by mostly the college age group, usually the only people you see dressed anything like Steve Jobs are quite a bit older than 22.

The man obviously feels vindicated through his more recent success as CEO of the company that he originally helped create and thus no longer needs to prove anything to the world. I would guess he also likes wearing the same casual uniform everyday since it speaks to being a regular guy, which has been an on-going trend in American culture for quite some time. AND he simply has no style!


All right, dresses like he's 32. What a nit-picker. That, and it's part of the Jobs Brand. Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?
post #9 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
He doesn't want to dress like a PC. He should go with that denim look though to be truly hip:

Hey, check out the hand-stitched apron on those shoes ...
post #10 of 55
Actually, I had a thought about this recently - as I was thinking about our former president and his folksy peasant looks, and actually about Jobs, and a few others, and I realized that a fair group of the rich dress in clothes that don't cost money. I found myself wondering if their stingyness has anything to do with our current economic situation....
post #11 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZON_JR View Post
Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?

Yes.
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
It's the comb over syndrome.
That's this guy! Eat your heart out, Trump.
post #13 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality.

Same here.
post #14 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZON_JR View Post
All right, dresses like he's 32. What a nit-picker. That, and it's part of the Jobs Brand. Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?
Most baby boomers I see dress similar to Jobs. Despite it not being the norm for a well known CEO, he is simply wearing an "average guy" outfit for someone his age. It's interesting you call it a costume since his old outfits from the 80's have a very costume like vibe to them. Young guys in the 80's did not sport such eccentric looks such as bow ties and double breasted jackets! Even then he was dressing outside of the socially accepted norm for his position.
post #15 of 55
Seriously, I am pretty sure he wears LVC 47s. Seriously
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Steve Jobs style