or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lands' End Canvas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lands' End Canvas - Page 223

post #3331 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaximex View Post

Bought it in size S with 40 % off. The quality is very nice - nice canvas and very nice wool. Fully lined and warm enough for winter. However, I don't like the fit that much; usually I can buy anything in size S from LEC and it fits. This barely fits - a little bit too big. I will post a few pictures if you guys need them, and I think I am going to return it.

some pics would be great
post #3332 of 3521

For a guy who is 5'9" and 140, is there any point in even looking at LEC shirts or jackets?

Specifically, I bike to work and just saw the Madison Bike Blazer. Also, who makes jackets for cyclists and doesn't do a 36? 

post #3333 of 3521

Yeah, I would say you're too small. I could easily fit into most size Small stuff at 6'/190 from LEC, so it seems that you would benefit from either some heavy tailoring or looking elsewhere. 

post #3334 of 3521
LEC button down shirts have been a big fail this season for me for this reason: tail length -- it's now too short. Why did they change this. I've had to send back multiple shirts (the twill and more recently the chamois). Really liked the shirts overall except for length was a dealbreaker. Sucks! J. Crew always nails the fit and length on their shirts...
Edited by bl@ster - 11/14/12 at 3:34pm
post #3335 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

LEC button down shirts have been a big fail this season for me for this reason: tail length. Why did they change this. I've had to send back multiple shirts (the twill and more recently the chamois). Really liked the shirts overall except for length was a dealbreaker. Sucks! J. Crew always nails the fit and length on their shirts...

 

Is it too long now? Who wears button downs untucked? smack.gif

post #3336 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustM View Post

For a guy who is 5'9" and 140, is there any point in even looking at LEC shirts or jackets?
Specifically, I bike to work and just saw the Madison Bike Blazer. Also, who makes jackets for cyclists and doesn't do a 36? 

I am 5'9 and 160, and I fit very well in most things size S, but they are not tight at all. You would probably need to have their shirts and jackets tailored, which is probably not worth it...
post #3337 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Is it too long now? Who wears button downs untucked? smack.gif

Too short now. Some of the shirt reviews on their site have mentioned this as well. You tuck in? LOL
post #3338 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Too short now. Some of the shirt reviews on their site have mentioned this as well. You tuck in? LOL

 

Ah-ha. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a few dress shirts last week then if that's the case. Love to tuck. #tucklyfe

post #3339 of 3521
Has anyone tried the Mariner jacket--I usually wear a small in Canvas shirts, though a Medium would just be a tad too big, and I'm trying to determine my size in this particular jacket. The online reviews contradict each other in terms of sizing...
post #3340 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Waffles View Post

Has anyone tried the Mariner jacket--I usually wear a small in Canvas shirts, though a Medium would just be a tad too big, and I'm trying to determine my size in this particular jacket. The online reviews contradict each other in terms of sizing...

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs, 38-40 chest and I took a small.
It's a bit snug with a sweater underneath but not constricting or uncomfortable.
post #3341 of 3521
What are everyone's thoughts on the Land's End (not canvas) tailored fit button downs? I picked one up for $30 and the fit seemed nice and trim, and fit much better through the shoulders than LEC. Can these still be worn casually even though they have the extra 4-5 buttons at the bottom?

post #3342 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyoumad View Post

What are everyone's thoughts on the Land's End (not canvas) tailored fit button downs? I picked one up for $30 and the fit seemed nice and trim, and fit much better through the shoulders than LEC. Can these still be worn casually even though they have the extra 4-5 buttons at the bottom?
I have one of the Tailor fit flannels in a size small and it fits pretty good. For refference im 5'7 174, 38.5" chest. Its slightly longer than I would like but It works.I wear mine casually all the time. IMO it works untucked or tucked
post #3343 of 3521

Tuck your shirts you slobs.

post #3344 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyoumad View Post

What are everyone's thoughts on the Land's End (not canvas) tailored fit button downs? I picked one up for $30 and the fit seemed nice and trim, and fit much better through the shoulders than LEC. Can these still be worn casually even though they have the extra 4-5 buttons at the bottom?

I'm a big fan of regular Lands End tailored fit shirts. Since you can choose neck size and sleeve length, the fit is more customizable than LEC shirts. Overall quality is better too. However, the tails are very long because they're meant to be tucked in.
post #3345 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Tuck your shirts you slobs.

This is SW&D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lands' End Canvas