Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Lands' End Canvas - Page 205post #3061 of 35406/1/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3062 of 35406/4/12 at 8:34pm
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.post #3063 of 35406/4/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by cameronXVX
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.
Bought a pair a while ago. They're pretty terrible and plastic-ey. For that price they're maybe worth it to mow the grass in.post #3064 of 35406/4/12 at 9:09pmpost #3065 of 35406/4/12 at 10:14pmThere are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?post #3066 of 35406/5/12 at 1:53amQuote:Originally Posted by djwoblely
There are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?
Lexol.post #3067 of 35406/5/12 at 5:52ampost #3068 of 35406/5/12 at 8:40ampost #3069 of 35406/5/12 at 8:43ampost #3070 of 35406/5/12 at 8:53ampost #3071 of 35406/5/12 at 6:44pmpost #3072 of 35406/6/12 at 1:30ampost #3073 of 35406/8/12 at 12:37pmpost #3074 of 35406/8/12 at 1:06pmQuote:
The leather's awful and you can't fix the corrected grain with conditioner. Also the soles are some goofy EVA foam. Finally, the speedhooks suck and bend out of the way. You can either stop using them like my friend did with his boots (although I think it looks lazy/stupid to have boots that aren't fully laced) or you can try to either have a cobbler replace them with better speedhooks or you could probably just try to drill out the rivets and use them as eyelets.
For like $30-something though...other than the bending speedhooks, the rest of that is manageable.Quote:
I like browns in boots like this...but I also think cheap leathers look MUCH better in black. If you are into black shoes, I would go blackpost #3075 of 35406/8/12 at 8:06pmI'm hoping for some advice on LEC sizing, in particular with the sale on poplin shirts they have on right now.
I've checked out their sizing info. But I have a 37.5inch chest (5'9", 165lbs) and wear either a 38 of a 36 jacket depending on the cut of the jacket. Based on the sizing info on the site, this puts me right in between a small and a medium. This is pretty typically for me, being right between small and medium.
I'm leaning towards going on the smaller size here, given I'm guessing their cut might be a little fuller and I'm looking for a slim fitting but not tight shirt.
Any advice on sizing? And a related question - any comments on the quality of the shirts?
- Lands' End Canvas
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 47 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 16 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 21 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 22 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?