Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Lands' End Canvas - Page 205post #3061 of 35406/1/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3062 of 35406/4/12 at 8:34pm
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.post #3063 of 35406/4/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by cameronXVX
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.
Bought a pair a while ago. They're pretty terrible and plastic-ey. For that price they're maybe worth it to mow the grass in.post #3064 of 35406/4/12 at 9:09pmpost #3065 of 35406/4/12 at 10:14pmThere are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?post #3066 of 35406/5/12 at 1:53amQuote:Originally Posted by djwoblely
There are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?
Lexol.post #3067 of 35406/5/12 at 5:52ampost #3068 of 35406/5/12 at 8:40ampost #3069 of 35406/5/12 at 8:43ampost #3070 of 35406/5/12 at 8:53ampost #3071 of 35406/5/12 at 6:44pmpost #3072 of 35406/6/12 at 1:30ampost #3073 of 35406/8/12 at 12:37pmpost #3074 of 35406/8/12 at 1:06pmQuote:
The leather's awful and you can't fix the corrected grain with conditioner. Also the soles are some goofy EVA foam. Finally, the speedhooks suck and bend out of the way. You can either stop using them like my friend did with his boots (although I think it looks lazy/stupid to have boots that aren't fully laced) or you can try to either have a cobbler replace them with better speedhooks or you could probably just try to drill out the rivets and use them as eyelets.
For like $30-something though...other than the bending speedhooks, the rest of that is manageable.Quote:
I like browns in boots like this...but I also think cheap leathers look MUCH better in black. If you are into black shoes, I would go blackpost #3075 of 35406/8/12 at 8:06pmI'm hoping for some advice on LEC sizing, in particular with the sale on poplin shirts they have on right now.
I've checked out their sizing info. But I have a 37.5inch chest (5'9", 165lbs) and wear either a 38 of a 36 jacket depending on the cut of the jacket. Based on the sizing info on the site, this puts me right in between a small and a medium. This is pretty typically for me, being right between small and medium.
I'm leaning towards going on the smaller size here, given I'm guessing their cut might be a little fuller and I'm looking for a slim fitting but not tight shirt.
Any advice on sizing? And a related question - any comments on the quality of the shirts?
- Lands' End Canvas
- The Current State of Americana
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 15 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 30 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 35 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...