Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/2/16 at 9:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Lands' End Canvas - Page 205post #3061 of 35536/1/12 at 2:54pmpost #3062 of 35536/4/12 at 8:34pm
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.post #3063 of 35536/4/12 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by cameronXVX
http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall.
Bought a pair a while ago. They're pretty terrible and plastic-ey. For that price they're maybe worth it to mow the grass in.post #3064 of 35536/4/12 at 9:09pmpost #3065 of 35536/4/12 at 10:14pmThere are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?post #3066 of 35536/5/12 at 1:53amQuote:Originally Posted by djwoblely
There are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?
Lexol.post #3067 of 35536/5/12 at 5:52ampost #3068 of 35536/5/12 at 8:40ampost #3069 of 35536/5/12 at 8:43ampost #3070 of 35536/5/12 at 8:53ampost #3071 of 35536/5/12 at 6:44pmpost #3072 of 35536/6/12 at 1:30ampost #3073 of 35536/8/12 at 12:37pmpost #3074 of 35536/8/12 at 1:06pmQuote:
The leather's awful and you can't fix the corrected grain with conditioner. Also the soles are some goofy EVA foam. Finally, the speedhooks suck and bend out of the way. You can either stop using them like my friend did with his boots (although I think it looks lazy/stupid to have boots that aren't fully laced) or you can try to either have a cobbler replace them with better speedhooks or you could probably just try to drill out the rivets and use them as eyelets.
For like $30-something though...other than the bending speedhooks, the rest of that is manageable.Quote:
I like browns in boots like this...but I also think cheap leathers look MUCH better in black. If you are into black shoes, I would go blackpost #3075 of 35536/8/12 at 8:06pmI'm hoping for some advice on LEC sizing, in particular with the sale on poplin shirts they have on right now.
I've checked out their sizing info. But I have a 37.5inch chest (5'9", 165lbs) and wear either a 38 of a 36 jacket depending on the cut of the jacket. Based on the sizing info on the site, this puts me right in between a small and a medium. This is pretty typically for me, being right between small and medium.
I'm leaning towards going on the smaller size here, given I'm guessing their cut might be a little fuller and I'm looking for a slim fitting but not tight shirt.
Any advice on sizing? And a related question - any comments on the quality of the shirts?
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › How does this Schott peacoat fit? 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Berluti Rollneck Cashmere Sweater -- Size 50 (FW14) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 11 minutes ago
- › University Ball Suit Advice 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Custom ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA MILANO TUXEDO - ONE BUTTON/PEAK LAPEL... 13 minutes ago
- › BNIB Paraboot Vigny Double Monk Noire/Grey Taupe UK11 Norwegian Welt 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding