or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lands' End Canvas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lands' End Canvas - Page 205

post #3061 of 3522
I placed an order and it all reeked of garlic... no joke.
post #3062 of 3522

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall. 

post #3063 of 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronXVX View Post

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-crosby-moc-toe-lace-up-boot~237743_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ESP&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-canvas-clearance-_-men-_-shoes anyone have any experience with these boots? look like a knockoff indy, worth it for $52? seriously considering picking them up for light rotation in end summer/fall. 

Bought a pair a while ago. They're pretty terrible and plastic-ey. For that price they're maybe worth it to mow the grass in.
post #3064 of 3522

Ugh bummer, assumed that was the case, was hoping by some miracle they'd be half decent. thanks for the heads up. 

post #3065 of 3522
There are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.

I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?
post #3066 of 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwoblely View Post

There are a couple post somewhere deep in this thread about those boots. I have the lace up leather boots and I just got those in. The leather is terrible. I would say they are worth $35 but they look good on but up close they look like they will break after a few wears.
I am wondering what have people been using on the leather to soften them up or make them a little bit less plasticky?

Lexol.

post #3067 of 3522

Got 'em anyway, was hard to pass up with free ship + 20% off on top of that already really low price, just gonna condition the crap out of them and hope they're worth the tiny amount I paid for 'em. 

post #3068 of 3522
For $30 for the black ones, makes for good rain/snow shoes. Why ruin your good stuff smile.gif
post #3069 of 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronXVX View Post

Got 'em anyway, was hard to pass up with free ship + 20% off on top of that already really low price, just gonna condition the crap out of them and hope they're worth the tiny amount I paid for 'em. 
Is there a code for 20%/free ship? I'm thinking about picking up a pair to beat to death in terrible weather. And how did you guys size? TTS or down 1/2?
post #3070 of 3522

icecream with pin 1040 for 20% off sale + free ship.

 

I got mine half a size down based on what I found in reviews. 

post #3071 of 3522
Was hoping the next item on the destination sale would be better.
post #3072 of 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post

I placed an order and it all reeked of garlic... no joke.

So T@c0, what the f*ck are you talking about?
post #3073 of 3522
Between the Black and Expresso moc-toe boots, which color would you guys recommend as a first pair of boots?
post #3074 of 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronXVX View Post

Got 'em anyway, was hard to pass up with free ship + 20% off on top of that already really low price, just gonna condition the crap out of them and hope they're worth the tiny amount I paid for 'em. 

The leather's awful and you can't fix the corrected grain with conditioner. Also the soles are some goofy EVA foam. Finally, the speedhooks suck and bend out of the way. You can either stop using them like my friend did with his boots (although I think it looks lazy/stupid to have boots that aren't fully laced) or you can try to either have a cobbler replace them with better speedhooks or you could probably just try to drill out the rivets and use them as eyelets.

For like $30-something though...other than the bending speedhooks, the rest of that is manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwkeung View Post

Between the Black and Expresso moc-toe boots, which color would you guys recommend as a first pair of boots?

I like browns in boots like this...but I also think cheap leathers look MUCH better in black. If you are into black shoes, I would go black
post #3075 of 3522
I'm hoping for some advice on LEC sizing, in particular with the sale on poplin shirts they have on right now.

I've checked out their sizing info. But I have a 37.5inch chest (5'9", 165lbs) and wear either a 38 of a 36 jacket depending on the cut of the jacket. Based on the sizing info on the site, this puts me right in between a small and a medium. This is pretty typically for me, being right between small and medium.

I'm leaning towards going on the smaller size here, given I'm guessing their cut might be a little fuller and I'm looking for a slim fitting but not tight shirt.

Any advice on sizing? And a related question - any comments on the quality of the shirts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lands' End Canvas