Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Lands' End Canvas - Page 203post #3031 of 35405/18/12 at 12:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3032 of 35405/18/12 at 12:49ampost #3033 of 35405/19/12 at 11:22pmpost #3034 of 35405/20/12 at 3:19ampost #3035 of 35405/20/12 at 3:23am
Received it and I am very happy with it...bright colors, slim fitted cut and the bicep holes fit well against the arm...also not overly long on the torso....received many compliments.post #3036 of 35405/20/12 at 7:23amQuote:Originally Posted by David Zaritsky
BTW, I also picked up this: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-madras-club-collar-short-sleeve-shirt~237560_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::J49&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-men&origin=index
Received it and I am very happy with it...bright colors, slim fitted cut and the bicep holes fit well against the arm...also not overly long on the torso....received many compliments.
If you're feeling spunky could you take a picture of the fabric? I like that club collar.post #3037 of 35405/20/12 at 7:44ampost #3038 of 35405/20/12 at 8:17ampost #3039 of 35405/20/12 at 9:50amCode wasn't working anymore so I skipped that linen sweater from the clearance section.
Still picked up that colored checked shirt and a white cotton-linen. Ordered my usual LEC shirt size so hopefully its ok.
Was going to pick up some more pants until I realized that I have pants sitting here that need to be altered/hemmed so it doesn't really make sense to buy more until I can wear the ones I have. Also, the ones I have from LEC are all over the place on sizing. I ordered several sizes originally and returned the ones that didn't fit...and the ones I kept are not the same size (and the bigger sized one fits tighter I think).
Still waiting on a sale/coupon code that will get me a pair of those cargo shorts for cheap (for summer music festivals so I can carry camera/sunglasses/sunscreen/snacks without bringing in a bag).post #3040 of 35405/23/12 at 11:15pmpost #3041 of 35405/24/12 at 11:43amthanks,
looks like there are extra codes that waive the $50 free ship minimum for most items
Ordered up 2 sizes of the cargo shorts...considering the ripstop camp shorts.post #3042 of 35405/24/12 at 1:11pmpost #3043 of 35405/25/12 at 7:04pm
I got my navy seersucker pants. Overall, I'm satisfied. The cut is actually on the money for me, but I'm on the thin side. They seem well made in terms of pocket stitching and the alterable back.
The texture is different from anything else I've had, but that's fine. The only issue is that they really don't hold shape. The fabric is pretty thin, and they end up looking less refined than I would have liked. I'm going to run the iron over them to see if I can get away with them for a wedding later this summer.post #3044 of 35405/26/12 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by sir edmund
The texture is different from anything else I've had, but that's fine. The only issue is that they really don't hold shape. The fabric is pretty thin, and they end up looking less refined than I would have liked. I'm going to run the iron over them to see if I can get away with them for a wedding later this summer.
Iron them flat? That's not going to work, and is against the spirit of seersucker. Or do you mean a crease?
- Lands' End Canvas
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...