Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 3/17/15 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Lands' End Canvas - Page 203post #3031 of 35405/18/12 at 12:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3032 of 35405/18/12 at 12:49ampost #3033 of 35405/19/12 at 11:22pmpost #3034 of 35405/20/12 at 3:19ampost #3035 of 35405/20/12 at 3:23am
Received it and I am very happy with it...bright colors, slim fitted cut and the bicep holes fit well against the arm...also not overly long on the torso....received many compliments.post #3036 of 35405/20/12 at 7:23amQuote:Originally Posted by David Zaritsky
BTW, I also picked up this: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-madras-club-collar-short-sleeve-shirt~237560_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::J49&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-men&origin=index
Received it and I am very happy with it...bright colors, slim fitted cut and the bicep holes fit well against the arm...also not overly long on the torso....received many compliments.
If you're feeling spunky could you take a picture of the fabric? I like that club collar.post #3037 of 35405/20/12 at 7:44ampost #3038 of 35405/20/12 at 8:17ampost #3039 of 35405/20/12 at 9:50amCode wasn't working anymore so I skipped that linen sweater from the clearance section.
Still picked up that colored checked shirt and a white cotton-linen. Ordered my usual LEC shirt size so hopefully its ok.
Was going to pick up some more pants until I realized that I have pants sitting here that need to be altered/hemmed so it doesn't really make sense to buy more until I can wear the ones I have. Also, the ones I have from LEC are all over the place on sizing. I ordered several sizes originally and returned the ones that didn't fit...and the ones I kept are not the same size (and the bigger sized one fits tighter I think).
Still waiting on a sale/coupon code that will get me a pair of those cargo shorts for cheap (for summer music festivals so I can carry camera/sunglasses/sunscreen/snacks without bringing in a bag).post #3040 of 35405/23/12 at 11:15pmpost #3041 of 35405/24/12 at 11:43amthanks,
looks like there are extra codes that waive the $50 free ship minimum for most items
Ordered up 2 sizes of the cargo shorts...considering the ripstop camp shorts.post #3042 of 35405/24/12 at 1:11pmpost #3043 of 35405/25/12 at 7:04pm
I got my navy seersucker pants. Overall, I'm satisfied. The cut is actually on the money for me, but I'm on the thin side. They seem well made in terms of pocket stitching and the alterable back.
The texture is different from anything else I've had, but that's fine. The only issue is that they really don't hold shape. The fabric is pretty thin, and they end up looking less refined than I would have liked. I'm going to run the iron over them to see if I can get away with them for a wedding later this summer.post #3044 of 35405/26/12 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by sir edmund
The texture is different from anything else I've had, but that's fine. The only issue is that they really don't hold shape. The fabric is pretty thin, and they end up looking less refined than I would have liked. I'm going to run the iron over them to see if I can get away with them for a wedding later this summer.
Iron them flat? That's not going to work, and is against the spirit of seersucker. Or do you mean a crease?
- Lands' End Canvas
- The Current State of Americana
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › commando lug soles...ishide or vibram? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › First and only suit for awhile (upcoming funeral) 3 minutes ago
- › The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...