Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Lands' End Canvas - Page 199post #2971 of 35404/23/12 at 12:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2972 of 35404/23/12 at 3:31pmDammit.
I ordered the navy blue version of these in the recent shoe sale:
They arrived today and there was a tear in the liner...but even more annoying, the soles in the picture are white and the laces are brown which is a nice contrast and I thought would make for a nice summer shoe. Unfortunately, the shoes they sent me have the same red soles as the white bucks and color-matched blue laces. I chatted with customer service on the live chat and they told me that all of their inventory looks this way (this is definitely the case where the same photo was just photoshopped blue but they got the details wrong).
I am definitely returning them because of the tear but now I don't know if I really want an exchange. They aren't super nice, just a fun summer shoe (they are very lightweight which is cool) but the brick soles are a bit less striking and I'd have to buy new laces for them...post #2973 of 35404/24/12 at 1:21pmpost #2974 of 35404/24/12 at 1:26pmFWIW I didn't buy anything. I want the seersucker and madras pants, but I am not going to spend $50-$70 for pants that will be <$15 in a couple months.
LEC needs to have a more reasonable MSRP. Checking back and forth for sales, stacking coupon codes, checking both sites,... is a bit of a chore.post #2975 of 35404/26/12 at 2:58ampost #2976 of 35404/26/12 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by deveandepot1
FWIW I didn't buy anything. I want the seersucker and madras pants, but I am not going to spend $50-$70 for pants that will be <$15 in a couple months.
LEC needs to have a more reasonable MSRP. Checking back and forth for sales, stacking coupon codes, checking both sites,... is a bit of a chore.
They're deliberately trying to alienate customers like you and the other hardcore styleforum posters. I hope they are successful.post #2977 of 35404/26/12 at 12:32pmpost #2978 of 35404/26/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
They're winning, and I'm happy about it. Visiting their site less and less, making less regrettable purchases. If I'm going to spend $60 on a shirt, it won't be with Lands End. I still wear their chinos ($15) a couple days a week and they get the job done, but they'll be replaced once I can afford to.post #2979 of 35404/26/12 at 11:00pmpost #2980 of 35404/26/12 at 11:28pm1st time ordering anything from Land's End, but I must say I am very impressed by their swim shorts that I received today:
Essentially Orlebar Brown setter knock offs with lower quality fabric/buckles, but also $200 cheaper.post #2981 of 35404/27/12 at 8:37amQuote:
Hahahah, so true.
But what do you expect from a generation accustomed to free stuff? Download music, stream videos, torrent computer programs, jailbreak apps, etc.post #2982 of 35404/27/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Exactly. I think LEC has been doing some pretty good stuff. I'm sick of the blasted whining on here when there's no 90% off coupon.post #2983 of 35404/27/12 at 11:21ampost #2984 of 35404/27/12 at 2:29pmpost #2985 of 35405/1/12 at 5:24pm
- Lands' End Canvas
- The Current State of Americana
Currently, there are 1718 Active Users (383 Members and 1335 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 44 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › BNWT Naked & Famous Weird Guy Size 30 Grey 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...