But I won't even bother taking them to the tailor. My first season LEC Shirts' (Both Winter/Summer) were far slimmer then the offerings the last three seasons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 1:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Lands' End Canvas - Page 195post #2911 of 35403/9/12 at 1:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2912 of 35403/9/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
You've posted the same thing 8 billion fucking times. Find another brand.post #2913 of 35403/9/12 at 4:12pmpost #2914 of 35403/9/12 at 5:05pmpost #2915 of 35403/9/12 at 6:45pmpost #2916 of 35403/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #2917 of 35403/10/12 at 4:32ampost #2918 of 35403/10/12 at 4:15pm
pretty much the same as the men's version they used to havepost #2919 of 35403/10/12 at 8:02pmpost #2920 of 35403/11/12 at 3:24pmpost #2921 of 35403/11/12 at 4:08pmQuote:
Yeah man, I bought the shirt in the purple gingham when it was on sale earlier and I thought it was nice. The fabric isn't paper thin but obviously not thick like a twill either. I think it is just below an oxford. I think the stitching and buttons were right on. It isn't mentioned on the website ( I believe) but it does have a split-back yoke. This made it fit very well for me. The body I thought could have been actually slimmer. I was surprised that they said it was their slimmest offering. I would rate it somewhere between a Nordstrom trim fit and their Calibrate trim fit (the Calibrate is a little trimmer) so it isn't the slimmest shirt in the world, but on me, it was hardly blousy either; a good middle balance I think.
I ordered a 16.5X34/35 and I will have to get the sleeves tailored, but I also thought the neck was a little large for a 16.5. This might be a benefit though, as washing it could shrink it down to what I want. The gap wasn't huge. It could still be worn with a tie just fine, but not quite tight enough for the way I like it.
I don't know if it is worth full retail, but I would probably buy it if it was $50 or so. I got it for $30 with free shipping so I can't complain.post #2922 of 35403/12/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I like the shirt. I ordered a 14.5 size and it fits perfectly. The neck size is half size bigger, I think. My regular dress shirt size is 15/33. The fabric quality is very nice and the spread collar sits perfectly. Recommended!post #2923 of 35403/12/12 at 4:29pmpost #2924 of 35403/12/12 at 7:31pmpost #2925 of 35403/15/12 at 2:36pm
Just posted a review On LEC of the selvedge poplin. It includes measurements of the 15.5. Here it is:When this shirt first came out, LEC was charging $130, so I was willing to take the plunge when it was discounted even lower than the $70 recently. I'm glad I did!First of all, the other reviewer may not know what poplin fabric is. He is advised to check out broadcloth shirts if he wants something thicker. Poplin's not going to be super thick, but it is strong, and is suitably formal if ironed. It's also not more see though than an average white dress shirt. This is a 100% cotton shirt in a crisp, lightweight fabric that holds a press well. The selvedge details are a nice touch, but aren't visible when the shirt is fully buttoned and tucked in. It also includes collar stays.My 15.5 x 34 fit well. Measurements: 20.5" pit to pit, 18.25" shoulder to shoulder, and 19" across waist. The 30" length from base of collar to tail is appropriate for tucking in, though I'm definitely tall enough to go untucked. My only complaint is that the shirt isn't significantly slimmer than other LEC shirts. It's a slim cut, but I'd love to see them drop another inch off the chest, an inch and a half off the waist, and tighten up the arms.
- Lands' End Canvas
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › 10SEI0OTTO Reverse camel backzips 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › NIB 10D O'Keefe rustic leather wingtip brogues from Mr Porter 6 minutes ago
- › MAISON MARGIELA X H&M Inverted lapel camel coat size 48 6 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...