But I won't even bother taking them to the tailor. My first season LEC Shirts' (Both Winter/Summer) were far slimmer then the offerings the last three seasons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Lands' End Canvas - Page 195post #2911 of 35403/9/12 at 1:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2912 of 35403/9/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
You've posted the same thing 8 billion fucking times. Find another brand.post #2913 of 35403/9/12 at 4:12pmpost #2914 of 35403/9/12 at 5:05pmpost #2915 of 35403/9/12 at 6:45pmpost #2916 of 35403/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #2917 of 35403/10/12 at 4:32ampost #2918 of 35403/10/12 at 4:15pm
pretty much the same as the men's version they used to havepost #2919 of 35403/10/12 at 8:02pmpost #2920 of 35403/11/12 at 3:24pmpost #2921 of 35403/11/12 at 4:08pmQuote:
Yeah man, I bought the shirt in the purple gingham when it was on sale earlier and I thought it was nice. The fabric isn't paper thin but obviously not thick like a twill either. I think it is just below an oxford. I think the stitching and buttons were right on. It isn't mentioned on the website ( I believe) but it does have a split-back yoke. This made it fit very well for me. The body I thought could have been actually slimmer. I was surprised that they said it was their slimmest offering. I would rate it somewhere between a Nordstrom trim fit and their Calibrate trim fit (the Calibrate is a little trimmer) so it isn't the slimmest shirt in the world, but on me, it was hardly blousy either; a good middle balance I think.
I ordered a 16.5X34/35 and I will have to get the sleeves tailored, but I also thought the neck was a little large for a 16.5. This might be a benefit though, as washing it could shrink it down to what I want. The gap wasn't huge. It could still be worn with a tie just fine, but not quite tight enough for the way I like it.
I don't know if it is worth full retail, but I would probably buy it if it was $50 or so. I got it for $30 with free shipping so I can't complain.post #2922 of 35403/12/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I like the shirt. I ordered a 14.5 size and it fits perfectly. The neck size is half size bigger, I think. My regular dress shirt size is 15/33. The fabric quality is very nice and the spread collar sits perfectly. Recommended!post #2923 of 35403/12/12 at 4:29pmpost #2924 of 35403/12/12 at 7:31pmpost #2925 of 35403/15/12 at 2:36pm
Just posted a review On LEC of the selvedge poplin. It includes measurements of the 15.5. Here it is:When this shirt first came out, LEC was charging $130, so I was willing to take the plunge when it was discounted even lower than the $70 recently. I'm glad I did!First of all, the other reviewer may not know what poplin fabric is. He is advised to check out broadcloth shirts if he wants something thicker. Poplin's not going to be super thick, but it is strong, and is suitably formal if ironed. It's also not more see though than an average white dress shirt. This is a 100% cotton shirt in a crisp, lightweight fabric that holds a press well. The selvedge details are a nice touch, but aren't visible when the shirt is fully buttoned and tucked in. It also includes collar stays.My 15.5 x 34 fit well. Measurements: 20.5" pit to pit, 18.25" shoulder to shoulder, and 19" across waist. The 30" length from base of collar to tail is appropriate for tucking in, though I'm definitely tall enough to go untucked. My only complaint is that the shirt isn't significantly slimmer than other LEC shirts. It's a slim cut, but I'd love to see them drop another inch off the chest, an inch and a half off the waist, and tighten up the arms.
- Lands' End Canvas
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...