or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Earnest Sewn Filson.06
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earnest Sewn Filson.06

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
So I saw a pair of these today @ Neiman's Last Call for $86 in the Maz Dark 3D wash. I tried them on, and they seemed to fit pretty well, and I liked the color, although they're probably the lightest jeans I've seriously considered in a while.

So my question is as follows: Should I take the plunge and buy these, or should I save a bit more and buy a pair of New Standards/Slim Jims?

Or am I completely off base and they're completely different styles (unfortunately I don't live in an area where I can go try on Nudies or APCs).
post #2 of 11
That is a really low price for a good cut in a good wash - I say go for it.
post #3 of 11
Filsons are a great jean and the Maz Dark wash is one of the top washes period. Even if APCs are a comparable quality, they have no wash and they cost $140. So I think it depends on if you are looking for a wash.
post #4 of 11
I just bought those exact jeans from last call for about $70 last week. They were my first venture into quality jeans (cheap levis and a pair of luckys were what I was used to). They are definitely slimmer than what I am used to but thats what I was going for. I absolutely love my new jeans but keep in mind I dont have much experience with these things.
post #5 of 11
How do Earnest Sewns compare in fit (waist) compared to Paper Denims? Im thinking of getting the Hutch in maz dark.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Filsons are a great jean and the Maz Dark wash is one of the top washes period. Even if APCs are a comparable quality, they have no wash and they cost $140. So I think it depends on if you are looking for a wash.
Yeah. If you want to do the dry denim thing, obviously save for some APCs/Nudies. However, if you just want to get into premium denim, those are a really nice start.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond
How do Earnest Sewns compare in fit (waist) compared to Paper Denims? Im thinking of getting the Hutch in maz dark.

I would go with the same size. PDCs tend to be just a touch tighter in the waist.
post #8 of 11
I actually ripped the crotch out on my Filsons just the other day. It wasn't even along a seam, the fabric just failed. I'm gonna see if they can be patched up and still look ok because they are totally comfortable jeans. I think I am the only one who has had this problem though. I had bought them on sale two weeks ago from Bloomingdales, and they were in the Patriot wash. Darn American denim...
post #9 of 11
Pretty sure it's Italian denim.
post #10 of 11
I think the Patiot wash is American. I don't have them on me right now, but the inside of the pocket says the denim is sourced from somewhere in the US. Although, mine have green and blue stitching, so maybe they are from the previous year.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimaddict
I actually ripped the crotch out on my Filsons just the other day. It wasn't even along a seam, the fabric just failed. I'm gonna see if they can be patched up and still look ok because they are totally comfortable jeans. I think I am the only one who has had this problem though. I had bought them on sale two weeks ago from Bloomingdales, and they were in the Patriot wash. Darn American denim...

if you take it to the earnest sewn shop in nyc they'll repair it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Earnest Sewn Filson.06