or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On the Street in NYC....Old Man Mory
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

On the Street in NYC....Old Man Mory - Page 2

post #16 of 75
I find that black people can really pull off color combinations most wouldn't even think about. Looks good on him. Couldn't say the same for myself. The coat looks too tight though. Too much of an hourglass shape.
post #17 of 75
Hate the tie. Love the shirt. And jeepers, how does the man breathe? Way too much suppression!
post #18 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
Awful.



Well, I wouldn't go that far but the tie and shirt together are a bit much. That shirt looks like it might cause vertigo if he took the jacket off. Also, stripes on the shirt and the checkered pattern on the tie just seem to clash too much. The tie is also tied real short, which I don't think is helping. Although, if I had to choose between dressing like him and dressing like 90% of the guys I see on the street, I'd pick dresing like Mory.
post #19 of 75
Waist suppression? It looks more like mid-torso suppression to me.
post #20 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel


Well, I wouldn't go that far but the tie and shirt together are a bit much. That shirt looks like it might cause vertigo if he took the jacket off. Also, stripes on the shirt and the checkered pattern on the tie just seem to clash too much. The tie is also tied real short, which I don't think is helping. Although, if I had to choose between dressing like him and dressing like 90% of the guys I see on the street, I'd pick dresing like Mory.


I was being charitable. Remember, I am one of the guys who liked the Thom Browne stuff, so don't assume that I bash all of these pictures.

That said, this guy looks like a freaking clown. I would not go near that shirt or that tie. They are both abominations and fly in the face of any sense of taste. The jacket cut is really severe, but I can get past that. I look at the shirt and I think Ronald McDonald. I look at the tie and I think Ronald McDonald. I look at the two together and think that Ronald dropped a couple hits of acid.
post #21 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
I was being charitable. Remember, I am one of the guys who liked the Thom Browne stuff, so don't assume that I bash all of these pictures.

That said, this guy looks like a freaking clown. I would not go near that shirt or that tie. They are both abominations and fly in the face of any sense of taste. The jacket cut is really severe, but I can get past that. I look at the shirt and I think Ronald McDonald. I look at the tie and I think Ronald McDonald. I look at the two together and think that Ronald dropped a couple hits of acid.


Well, I have a treat for you!! I am in the process of taking pics of this season's Eredi Pisano catalogue to post on the forum and some of the stuff will make you barf but for the most part, the clothing is pretty decent. Mory, definitely goes out of his way to dress that way as most of the stuff there is not so bold. I'll also be posting pics of this month's Last magazine. There are some very expensive shoes there that Ronald McDonald wouldn't wear
post #22 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Well, I have a treat for you!! I am in the process of taking pics of this season's Eredi Pisano catalogue to post on the forum and some of the stuff will make you barf but for the most part, the clothing is pretty decent. Mory, definitely goes out of his way to dress that way as most of the stuff there is not so bold. I'll also be posting pics of this month's Last magazine. There are some very expensive shoes there that Ronald McDonald wouldn't wear


I have been in the store. I think that some of the stuff is fun, although it is not my style.

I think that he dresses like the wizards in Harry Potter when they try to look like regular people.
post #23 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel


Well, I wouldn't go that far but the tie and shirt together are a bit much. That shirt looks like it might cause vertigo if he took the jacket off. Also, stripes on the shirt and the checkered pattern on the tie just seem to clash too much. The tie is also tied real short, which I don't think is helping. Although, if I had to choose between dressing like him and dressing like 90% of the guys I see on the street, I'd pick dresing like Mory.


Good point -- the dark jacket is really the only thing holding this together (and by a single, seemingly very-strained button at that). He takes that jacket off and it's "game over", black man style or no.

Good god, there really is a good solid two inches between the point of his tie and the top of his waistband!
post #24 of 75
The shirt and tie does not go well with the suit and isn't the jacket a bit tight fitting?
post #25 of 75
I feel his suit should have extreme roping, and pagoda shoulders to compensate with the very British cut of the waist and skirt.
post #26 of 75
Mory's such a badass. You only live once.
post #27 of 75
I wonder if you say blackman style to his face.Or arabman style ,hungarian man style or sicilian man style.
post #28 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfa
I wonder if you say blackman style to his face.Or arabman style ,hungarian man style or sicilian man style.
Huh?
post #29 of 75
Nope. I like each item individually (though the waist supression is a but much)...however, the shirt and tie just DON'T work together. Now, if the shirt were a mango or medium blue, the ensemble could be very nice.

Who is this guy, buy the way??
post #30 of 75
Yes, "Black Man Style". Black men get away with wearing unreasonable cuts and colors. I think it has to do with darker skin tone and bright colors having more appeal to the eye, don't make this racial. (For a brief on "Black Man Style" take a look at the Stacey Adams Catalog.)

The colors are vibrant, even more so on Mory but... the second button is way too stressed, his tie is short (apart from creating an optical illusion with that shirt), and his arm is bulging beyond the shoulder, not to mention his head looks huge. I think had he toned it down on the suppression and had his tie been solid this would have been a great outfit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On the Street in NYC....Old Man Mory