or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AskAndyAboutClothes.com will be down temporarily
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AskAndyAboutClothes.com will be down temporarily - Page 3

post #31 of 50
is AAAC down at the moment?
post #32 of 50
Seems that way. Maybe turning on the avatar switch crashed the forum
post #33 of 50
i think should be a minor giltch....did anyone inform andy?
post #34 of 50
Andy says the site is being migrated to a faster server and should be back up shortly.
post #35 of 50
The AAAC server is kicking out a "to many connections" error from the function that connects to the database.
post #36 of 50
In order to permit the shortest possible migration time from the old to the new software, the migration was done on a smaller "beta" server. This permitted us to accomplish the entire upgrade in just under 12 hours.

During the next two days, you may experience short downtimes as the forum and database are migrated over to larger high-speed main and backup servers.

Thank you for your patience.

Malinda
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda
In order to permit the shortest possible migration time from the old to the new software, the migration was done on a smaller "beta" server. This permitted us to accomplish the entire upgrade in just under 12 hours.

During the next two days, you may experience short downtimes as the forum and database are migrated over to larger high-speed main and backup servers.

Thank you for your patience.

Malinda

So does that mean it will be up soon? I take it you mean it will be up and down - right?
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRocks
I requested my new password via the link on my AAAC email yeterday and it never came. Something similar happened when I registered. I don't know if it's Hotmail that's causing it or the forum software.
Steven:

Hotmail sent every message to me from Ask Andy into the Spam folder. You should find your password reset messages there.
post #39 of 50
Is V-bulletin trad?
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford
Is V-bulletin trad?
I think Snitz was much more trad.
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
I think Snitz was much more trad.

Agreed - while Snitz limited my Andy viewing, it seemed to fit so well with the boxy, 80s-era-volvo aesthetic recommended by the trads...
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyto
Steven:

Hotmail sent every message to me from Ask Andy into the Spam folder. You should find your password reset messages there.
Thanks for the tip, Tyto. The Spam folder was empty, so I emailed Malinda directly.
post #43 of 50
Ask Andy's will be down a short while this morning for more database upgrade work.

Malinda
post #44 of 50
Let us know when we need to set up the Temporary Trad Forum
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda
Ask Andy's will be down a short while this morning for more database upgrade work.

Malinda


A short while...it's been 4 hours so far....where's my Andy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AskAndyAboutClothes.com will be down temporarily