or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Cod5.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cod5. - Page 3

post #31 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
There are literally over one hundred people lined up outside of the campus GameStop. Maybe 200. I don't know that Modern Warfare is going to be THAT good.

I remember there were hundreds of nerds lined up outside of a local gamestop. I was too embarrassed to stand in line so I went to get a milkshake. When I came back 15 minutes later the line had shrunk to about 8 people and I got my copy without a pre-order.
post #32 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
I'm just really impressed that they took the time to address and "fix" many minor gameplay issues (that I have complained about before) in many clever ways (respawning beacon = genius). Not to mention they have completely expanded upon the core elements of what made COD4 so great and upped the complexity of everything, including level designs. This, IMO, is how game sequels should be made.
Killzone 2 did the respawning beacons before. Also, I hope this isn't as overrated as CoD4.
post #33 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Killzone 2 did the respawning beacons before. Also, I hope this isn't as overrated as CoD4.

No one said the idea was original, but it's implementation in order to solve the problem (downward spiraling map control loss because of limited area respawning) is clever and not at all what I would have suggested.

Pretty dumb that they kept the assist system, not sure why they did that though.
post #34 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld View Post
I thought all you PC wonks were boycotting b/c of no dedicated servers?

For COD I'm more interested in the solo campaign. The dedicated server issue if fubar to be sure... but my online time goes to L4D.
post #35 of 8918
Wow, I haven't popped it in yet but the booklet is only 9 pages of mostly nothing. This game must be nuts.
post #36 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
The last one was, IMO, possibly the best war/shooter ever made. Excelent story line and really great game play. On the realistic setting it was tough as hell and very engrossing.

(So secretly I fear this version will be hard-pressed to not be a bit of a let down)

I disagree totally. The single-player mode was terrible. It was way too easy. The only reason I play COD4 is because it plays so amazing online.
post #37 of 8918
Can't wait to get me copy
post #38 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post
I disagree totally. The single-player mode was terrible. It was way too easy. The only reason I play COD4 is because it plays so amazing online.

Are you saying this as someone with 1000 gamer points for this?? Mile high club, it took me a couple dozen tries, but when that 20G pops up...its all worth it.
post #39 of 8918
post #40 of 8918
game is legit
post #41 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Online play is totally overrated. Between guys who glitch and others who use modded controllers, the average non-nerd doesn't stand a chance. Beating it on Veteran, now there in lies a challenge.

Sorry what? I don't use mods or glitches and top scoreboards like a true nerd.
post #42 of 8918
According to the single-player mode, Northern VA will look like Berlin circa 1945 within days of an aerial invasion - trenches and bunkers everywhere, bunkers, etc.
post #43 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
According to the single-player mode, Northern VA will look like Berlin circa 1945 within days of an aerial invasion - trenches and bunkers everywhere, bunkers, etc.

Yes, I beat the game yesterday on Normal, I'll go back and beat it on Veteran in a day or so. Nova was used as a site and a mention of PG county here in MD. Good game, and it looks like there will be a part 3.
post #44 of 8918
This is the first video game I have played in 6 months and must say it is awesome. I only play online so I dont bother with missions but online is awesome and I lost all track of time yesterday I played so much.
post #45 of 8918
cod4's campaign was outstanding, tons of memorable set-pieces (bridge at end, execution at start, nuke and us guy's death, etc.). mw2's campaign (so far) has been equally excellent (if not better in a few spots). note i'm not even trying to defend the story...we're talking video games here. seriously ppl. if you think cod4's campaign is overrated, could you explain why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Cod5.