or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cod5. - Page 14

post #196 of 8918
^^wouldn't the better shooter get the kill anyway?? I mean if I was a crack shot and you sucked and we both had guns, I would have the edge, correct?
post #197 of 8918
post #198 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
The game has grown on me a bit, but I still feel it has the same fundamental error as the previous: The kill basically goes to whoever sees the other person first-which is pure random luck. There aren't really any gun battles. In the event both players see one another at the same time (maybe 10% of the time this happens), the kill will go to whoever happens to shoot better. The fast play is fun at first but seems to get boring about 1-2 months into owning the game because of the lack of strategy. At least that's what happened with most of my friends who bought the previous version.

Nobody wants to shoot someone in the back and have them turn around and kill you, but I feel like game play where you have more life and bullets do less damage yields a higher level of strategy because there are actual gun fights and the better shooter wins 75% of the time (ie Socom).

I kind of agree with this - I feel like it's hard to play a strategy in between camp and run/gun. Moving with cover and other things you'd do in real life (or a more tactical shooter) aren't really useful in this game (for one thing, lag can be a bitch, so you think you've made it to cover and didn't) (and the amount of bullet penetration is some bullshit).
post #199 of 8918
Moving around the map s a big part of the game. It's not just about what you see, but piecing together the clues to figure out where people are. Reading your radar correctly and knowing the map will help you stalk people without ever actually seeing them, a good player only needs to see his opponent when he's about to kill them.
post #200 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
Moving around the map s a big part of the game. It's not just about what you see, but piecing together the clues to figure out where people are. Reading your radar correctly and knowing the map will help you stalk people without ever actually seeing them, a good player only needs to see his opponent when he's about to kill them.

Spot on. You guys need to sticky this on your HDTVs.

There's flow to this game just like MW1, and the map (again) is a helpful tool. If you're not checking your map when things are quiet, you're not playing correctly.

Example: you're spawning at the bunkers on Afghan. Thus the enemies are spawning by the AA gun. You check your map and see your team moving along the ridge toward the AA gun. You can (i) snipe from the bunker across the cave, (ii) cut through the cave and camp, (iii) move in the opposite direction (near the jeep) and try to flank the enemy.

All of this strategy doesn't help the fact that I'm a poor shot.
post #201 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
^^wouldn't the better shooter get the kill anyway?? I mean if I was a crack shot and you sucked and we both had guns, I would have the edge, correct?
What I mean is that 90% of the time, the other person doesn't even see you when you shoot them. You either run up behind them, or see them from the side. Because it's so easy to get a kill (bullets do a lot of damage and players have very little health), the kill will go to who is lucky enough to see the other person first. Gun fights are virtually non existent because nobody gets wounded. If you get shot, you die. My friend's fiance played the previous version (and this one) on a regular basis, and she tried playing Socom for a while. She got slaughtered on Socom, but is a decent player on Call of Duty. I think one is just significantly easier than the other.
post #202 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
What I mean is that 90% of the time, the other person doesn't even see you when you shoot them. You either run up behind them, or see them from the side. Because it's so easy to get a kill (bullets do a lot of damage and players have very little health), the kill will go to who is lucky enough to see the other person first. Gun fights are virtually non existent because nobody gets wounded. If you get shot, you die.

My friend's fiance played the previous version (and this one) on a regular basis, and she tried playing Socom for a while. She got slaughtered on Socom, but is a decent player on Call of Duty. I think one is just significantly easier than the other.

I get what you are saying, but I think this works both ways. It is relatively easy to get kills if you can successfully flank the enemy. I think this is more true to life: while real warfare entails lots of wounded, the wounded are taken out of action, so you might as well just get easy kills.
post #203 of 8918
I love the Modern Warfare series but I think the ranking system is retarded. Your ranking shouldn't be determined by how long you play the game...

At least in Halo when you played a lv. 50, you knew they were pretty good. Prestige lv can mean nothing in terms of how good you are.

If this has been discussed already I apologize, but too many pages to cycle through.
post #204 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
What I mean is that 90% of the time, the other person doesn't even see you when you shoot them. You either run up behind them, or see them from the side. Because it's so easy to get a kill (bullets do a lot of damage and players have very little health), the kill will go to who is lucky enough to see the other person first. Gun fights are virtually non existent because nobody gets wounded. If you get shot, you die.

My friend's fiance played the previous version (and this one) on a regular basis, and she tried playing Socom for a while. She got slaughtered on Socom, but is a decent player on Call of Duty. I think one is just significantly easier than the other.

Are you playing hardcore or regular game modes? You can shoot people with 5-10 rounds in regular game modes and not even kill them. It happens all the time.
post #205 of 8918
Fyi the 1880 shotguns are bugged as shit, so I suggest you use them. For one, they have a range almost as far as a sniper rifle, and two if you use akimbo it reloads faster than if you had a single gun equipped.
post #206 of 8918
I just killed the entire enemy team with a preditor missile on hardcore!
post #207 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I just killed the entire enemy team with a preditor missile on hardcore!

Did you complete the challenge.
post #208 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakz View Post
Domination is waaaaaaay more fun than TDM. What other modes do you guys recommend?

I mostly play domination
post #209 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingahbman View Post
I love the Modern Warfare series but I think the ranking system is retarded. Your ranking shouldn't be determined by how long you play the game... At least in Halo when you played a lv. 50, you knew they were pretty good. Prestige lv can mean nothing in terms of how good you are. If this has been discussed already I apologize, but too many pages to cycle through.
I think playing time is the best way to do it, IMO. 1) You avoid rank up rooms like Socom had where people would cheat to get a higher rank. When playing time determines rank, there's really no way to cheat the system. 2) If rank was determined by kill/death ratio, those who played domination/headquarters the most would have a shitty rank, even though they might be "good".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
Are you playing hardcore or regular game modes? You can shoot people with 5-10 rounds in regular game modes and not even kill them. It happens all the time.
Regular. What I enjoy the most is having 4-5 friends in a FFA game. That seems to be more fun than anything.
post #210 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
I think playing time is the best way to do it, IMO.

1) You avoid rank up rooms like Socom had where people would cheat to get a higher rank. When playing time determines rank, there's really no way to cheat the system.

2) If rank was determined by kill/death ratio, those who played domination/headquarters the most would have a shitty rank, even though they might be "good".



Regular. What I enjoy the most is having 4-5 friends in a FFA game. That seems to be more fun than anything.

What about score/play time?

Or different ranks for different game types?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home