or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Cod5.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cod5.

post #1 of 8918
Thread Starter 
Who is getting the new Call of Duty? I'm picking mine up tonight. x360 tag is bnay for those who don't mind getting wrecked in MP.
post #2 of 8918
it's COD6 btw. I should be online around 12:30 AM PST...but PS3
post #3 of 8918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld View Post
it's COD6 btw. I should be online around 12:30 AM PST...but PS3

True but I always felt that WaW was more like 4.5 than a true 5.
post #4 of 8918
Just to be certain, we're talking about MW2 right?
post #5 of 8918
I'm going to get it tomorrow, but I haven't decided for which system. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other? If I get it for the PS3, I'm just going to sell my 360 (I have no games for it anymore).
post #6 of 8918
No such thing as CoD5.
post #7 of 8918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
I'm going to get it tomorrow, but I haven't decided for which system. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

If I get it for the PS3, I'm just going to sell my 360 (I have no games for it anymore).

From what I understand - the mappacks will come out for 360 first.
post #8 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post
Just to be certain, we're talking about MW2 right?

Yes-

I'll be getting it... for PC. But first my attention is on L4D2
post #9 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Yes-

I'll be getting it... for PC. But first my attention is on L4D2

Goodness. You know it's bad when the last game you played was COD4...

I still have a ton of games to catch up on. By catch up I mean think about it but then end up pushing them off for another year. At least until I find myself without work...
post #10 of 8918
There are literally over one hundred people lined up outside of the campus GameStop. Maybe 200. I don't know that Modern Warfare is going to be THAT good.
post #11 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
There are literally over one hundred people lined up outside of the campus GameStop. Maybe 200. I don't know that Modern Warfare is going to be THAT good.

The last one was, IMO, possibly the best war/shooter ever made. Excelent story line and really great game play. On the realistic setting it was tough as hell and very engrossing.

(So secretly I fear this version will be hard-pressed to not be a bit of a let down)
post #12 of 8918
I liked Rainbow Six: Vegas better for solo play - the Calls of Duty still dump you into an overly linear plot with little replay value.

Multi-player goes to the last two COD games, though. I wish they had some kind of verified age-restricted setting. I want to play against adults with jobs, girlfriends and drinking habits, not pimple-faces who have nothing better to do than play COD.
post #13 of 8918
Which is to say I'm a thoroughly mediocre online player. I've moved up from terrible, at least.
post #14 of 8918
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
Which is to say I'm a thoroughly mediocre online player. I've moved up from terrible, at least.


Online play is totally overrated. Between guys who glitch and others who use modded controllers, the average non-nerd doesn't stand a chance. Beating it on Veteran, now there in lies a challenge.
post #15 of 8918
worst thread title ever
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Cod5.