or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Other (Archive) › Breguet Type XX Transatlantique Flyback - Just had $577 service - HUGE Price Drop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breguet Type XX Transatlantique Flyback - Just had $577 service - HUGE Price Drop - Page 2

post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Final Drop to $3150!!
post #17 of 21
You just bought a watch (eBay?) for a couple of grand and, after 5 minutes, you discover it's too small for you (who spends that type of money w/o researching the size?). It's had a recent $577 service, yet it still doesn't work perfectly...doesn't something seem odd about this?
post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post
You just bought a watch (eBay?) for a couple of grand and, after 5 minutes, you discover it's too small for you (who spends that type of money w/o researching the size?). It's had a recent $577 service, yet it still doesn't work perfectly...doesn't something seem odd about this?

I get bored of my watches fairly quickly, and this one didn't last long as it was too small for me...
The guy I bought it from had it serviced and refused to have the flyback repaired for $379. (read the invoice)...
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post
You just bought a watch (eBay?) for a couple of grand and, after 5 minutes, you discover it's too small for you (who spends that type of money w/o researching the size?). It's had a recent $577 service, yet it still doesn't work perfectly...doesn't something seem odd about this?

I'd trust him. I've even purchased a shirt from him before. Great seller and he has sold watches on here many times. I've looked at his watches, but decided that it's not time for me to buy one yet. What I'm trying to say is that I would not hesitate to buy anything, let alone a watch, from him.
post #20 of 21
I've never bought something from him before, but he's been selling stuff here for quite a while, and it's always very costly stuff. I figure if he was trying to fake people out, he'd be shut down long ago.
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post
I'd trust him. I've even purchased a shirt from him before. Great seller and he has sold watches on here many times. I've looked at his watches, but decided that it's not time for me to buy one yet. What I'm trying to say is that I would not hesitate to buy anything, let alone a watch, from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylenewbie View Post
I've never bought something from him before, but he's been selling stuff here for quite a while, and it's always very costly stuff. I figure if he was trying to fake people out, he'd be shut down long ago.

I've bought things from him too and I, in no way, am trying to suggest he shouldn't be trusted. He's a good guy and I'm sure the watch is legit. I'm just saying the story sounds a little strange and I'm certain I'm not the only one who read this thread and thought....huh?

I'm a Porsche fanatic and if I saw an ad for a nice looking Porsche at a great price and the guy said, "I bought this Porsche and after 5 minutes, I decided I didn't like the color. The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner (and documentation was supplied), but he decided not to fix the air conditioner"; I'd be thinking... WTF?

If I liked (and could afford ) the watch or the Porsche, I would buy them as it appears I would be getting a good deal. I would always wonder, though, as Paul Harvey used to say,what is the rest of the story.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Other (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Other (Archive) › Breguet Type XX Transatlantique Flyback - Just had $577 service - HUGE Price Drop