• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Grenadine ties

jmoody15

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a few grenadine ties. I'm horribly picky on colors, so I'm looking for quality, but with plenty of options. Any suggestions?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent Wang
Jay Kos
Sam Hober
Four In Hand Ties
Brioni from anywhere that sells Brioni

jmoody15

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Kent Wang

Where can you get these? The website offers only pocket squares and cufflinks.

Thanks for the list, though. Should be plenty of options there

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the quality but Harvie and Hudson have a few grenadine knit ties on their website.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmoody15
This really looks like the best option. Plenty of color options there. Any word on the quality? Price looks great

Great quality. Only drawback is sometimes it can take weeks or months to get an order filled.

phillyesq

Reaction score
JPress offers grenadine ties. Shipping is quite high, but if you are able to get to a store, the prices are decent, especially on sale.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
Great quality. Only drawback is sometimes it can take weeks or months to get an order filled.

David's ties are excellent and I highly recommend them. The only ties that I think rival his for quality are the Drakes that I have...

Re: manufacturing times - I think it's actually down to about 3 weeks or so now, plus another 1 week or so for shipping (or at least that was might last experience when I ordered a few weeks ago). I think he's managed to up his turnaround by hiring and training new staff.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
David's ties are excellent and I highly recommend them. The only ties that I think rival his for quality are the Drakes that I have...

Re: manufacturing times - I think it's actually down to about 3 weeks or so now, plus another 1 week or so for shipping (or at least that was might last experience when I ordered a few weeks ago). I think he's managed to up his turnaround by hiring and training new staff.

Though I'll second the recommendation for sam hober, in terms of quality, color selection, and service, Saks sells grenadines made by Drakes (look for the small "MD" on the label).

Disclaimer: I don't own any grenadines from sam hober, just several Thai silk pocket squares and one tie.

Loudly

Reaction score
Second H&H. For the money, my grenadine H&H ties can't be beat. I wear a blue one as a "default" left in the office that gets worn 2 to 3x the frequency of my other ties, and it keeps on tickin'. I have some very nice grenadine (if not, they're very similar to grenadine) Charvets, which are nicer but more dear and more fragile.
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Can't comment on the quality but Harvie and Hudson have a few grenadine knit ties on their website.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmoody15
Where can you get these? The website offers only pocket squares and cufflinks.

Thanks for the list, though. Should be plenty of options there

Here's a thread of Kent's in the B&S. I don't actually understand why his ties, socks, shirts, etc. are not on his site, but I know that he posts them in the B&S and probably gives instructions in the thread on how to order them. If not, send him a PM. I'm sure if you have $ he'll be happy to help you figure out how to spend it.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=127774

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
That was way in the past, and I think SH has addressed that problem.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads