or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I - Page 5  

post #61 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
The Stowa Antea is actually a copy of the watch that Stowa had been manufacturing around the 1930's actually. No association with Nomos.
http://www.stowa.com/Museum/STOWA_1938/stowa_1938.html
More info on the Antea KS

The Tangente is nice too - am I right in saying the standard strap is cordovan? I'm tempted to replace the strap on my watch with a cordovan one, or maybe Russian reindeer...
post #62 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDKid
More info on the Antea KS

The Tangente is nice too - am I right in saying the standard strap is cordovan? I'm tempted to replace the strap on my watch with a cordovan one, or maybe Russian reindeer...

I think you are right regarding the cordovan. Found a source for nice cordovan/reindeer straps?
post #63 of 14248
Thread Starter 
Gdl, OM, you two got some fantastic collections!! Thanks for helping me achieving multiple shogansm .

Gdl, do you polish the 969 with different color of polish on the toe and the rest of the shoe?

Skalogre, the Loding Milan is one great looking shoe with great price to match. I couldn't figure how to order online neither. If Andrew is pimping for EG, you could pimp Loding to us.

Edward Green for Asprey brogue boots in tan 202 last, double soles, extended welt:







post #64 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Gdl, OM, you two got some fantastic collections!! Thanks for helping me achieving multiple shogansm .

Gdl, do you polish the 969 with different color of polish on the toe and the rest of the shoe?

Thanks!

I'm so afraid I will lose the great antiquing that I use a very light brown polish on the toe and neutral cream (no polish) on the rest of the shoe
post #65 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Gdl, OM, you two got some fantastic collections!! Thanks for helping me achieving multiple shogansm .

Gdl, do you polish the 969 with different color of polish on the toe and the rest of the shoe?

Skalogre, the Loding Milan is one great looking shoe with great price to match. I couldn't figure how to order online neither. If Andrew is pimping for EG, you could pimp Loding to us.

Edward Green for Asprey brogue boots in tan 202 last, double soles, extended welt:

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8420/p10002716af.jpg[/IMG]

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1036/p10002770la.jpg[/IMG]

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7397/p10002755hd.jpg[/IMG]

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8202/p10002804kb.jpg[/IMG]

Those boots are spectacular!
As far as the Loding are concerned, when you go to teh site and click the second link, you can add them to your cart and check out... in French
I will go have a look at the site again.
post #66 of 14248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm so afraid I will lose the great antiquing that I use a very light brown polish on the toe and neutral cream (no polish) on the rest of the shoe

So you first apply neutral cream to the whole shoe (including the toe) and then apply light brown polish to the toe?

Skalogre, I'll try the Loding site again, thanks.
post #67 of 14248
vR, Those are NICE! That's it I'm hawkin' the furniture!
post #68 of 14248
Beautiful VR! Thanks for reminding me that I should have picked these up at the Asprey extravaganza. These are the ones that got away.
post #69 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
So you first apply neutral cream to the whole shoe (including the toe) and then apply light brown polish to the toe? Skalogre, I'll try the Loding site again, thanks.
The shoes were not that colour. They looked almost exactly like the Marteganis, ie a dry mocha brown with a richer reddish brown on the toe. Thing is, Loding never responded to any of my emails (even when I haphazardly put one together in french) but I received the shoes without too much delay. Try http://www.loding.fr/boutique/modele/ Edit: I have here pictures of the first pair that was a little large. Their sizing is rather weird. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...38&postcount=2 Edit 2: I have to say it again. Those boots are just plain gorgeous!
post #70 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I think you are right regarding the cordovan. Found a source for nice cordovan/reindeer straps?
Cordovan's easy:

Jardin d'Eden (Nomos straps, heh)

Cool Watch Straps

Russian reindeer's trickier; was thinking of asking about it here or here. There's also supposed to be a vintage watch shop in London which might have some (expensive though).

von Rothbart - love the boots.
post #71 of 14248
Thread Starter 
Andrew, I got them from the Asprey London store right after you called them and you were the first to call. Are you sure you didn't get one of those tan borgue boots? I don't remember if they were available at the Asprey NY sample sale.
post #72 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Andrew, I got them from the Asprey London store right after you called them and you were the first to call. Are you sure you didn't get one of those tan borgue boots? I don't remember if they were available at the Asprey NY sample sale.

The sad story is that I wasn't able to visualize them well enough over the phone to pull the trigger. They were offered up and I declined in favor of the brogues and the city boot.
post #73 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
So you first apply neutral cream to the whole shoe (including the toe) and then apply light brown polish to the toe?

Skalogre, I'll try the Loding site again, thanks.

Yes - that's what I do
post #74 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDKid
Russian reindeer's trickier;
They might not offer reindeer, but every other leather.
http://www.abp-paris.com/

Just take the Eurostar to Paris.
post #75 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc237
Shoes = A+ really nice split-toe, great shape. I am jealous.

Flooring = C+ monotone background, not enough texture. Not so jealous.

Um, that background is birdseye maple. Not too shabby. I'd give it an A+
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I