or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I - Page 196  

post #2926 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Do you know which model that is? From eBay?

Yes, from the 'Bay. No box, but it looks like the Torrent seen here: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...=1186773077669

Knittieguy, I've had no more luck finding Tramezza deals than you have. I pulled the trigger on these partly because of that. I can't recall the last ones I've seen on eBay in size 9.
post #2927 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Continuing the recent brogue theme ... new Tramezzas!









I bought these to flip, but they fit perfectly and have enough quirk to catch my interest. I don't need another bal, really, but these seem pretty casual, so I'm thinking of wearing them with most anything. Thoughts?

!!!!

I like them.
post #2928 of 14248
Not 2007 but more 1947 deadstocks I bought recently - any views on these spade soles and the medallion?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MERFB:IID
post #2929 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Not 2007 but more 1947 deadstocks I bought recently - any views on these spade soles and the medallion?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MERFB:IID


Great shoes! I just love the retro white welt stitching. Very nice channeled soles too.

Sorry, I can't help with the medallion i'm afraid.
post #2930 of 14248
your opinion (C&J pembroke) 275 Euros.
LL
LL
LL
post #2931 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Not 2007 but more 1947 deadstocks I bought recently - any views on these spade soles and the medallion?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MERFB:IID

Nice shoes. It's hard for me to tell, but the medallion looks like a rams' horn medallion, which I particularly like.

I find it interesting that the shoes went for so much. Is there some underground deadstock vintage shoes movement that I'm unaware of?
post #2932 of 14248
first I request pardon by my English, shoe in model pembroke of crockett and jones last 325 and dainite sole, is a winter shoe and in Spain we are here in summer for that reason they if to release
post #2933 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenn View Post
Here's a pair of Carmina double-monks in shell cordovan that I recently acquired.


Really nice shoes! That's the way a double monk should look like IMO. Dark brown/oxblood with a cap toe only. Wonderful!

My pair of Vass shoes I bought yesterday at the Budapest Vass store, bordeaux half brogue oxfords, F last:









Some Details:







The sole:

post #2934 of 14248
I was stunned too. I made a big bid thinking I would land the fish and I did about USD100 more than expected. I suspect there are studios still buying them for movies maybe...but there are a lot of vinatge tragics like yours truly. However, there is always a downside. When I put them on I got a little tear in the top of the heel on both shoes. This was apparently caused by ageing of the leather according to my cobbler. Not noticeable and also repairable. A black pair I bought similar era are perfect and match that Film Noir Bogart shot standing leaning with the cigarette.
post #2935 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
I was stunned too. I made a big bid thinking I would land the fish and I did about USD100 more than expected. I suspect there are studios still buying them for movies maybe...but there are a lot of vinatge tragics like yours truly. However, there is always a downside. When I put them on I got a little tear in the top of the heel on both shoes. This was apparently caused by ageing of the leather according to my cobbler. Not noticeable and also repairable. A black pair I bought similar era are perfect and match that Film Noir Bogart shot standing leaning with the cigarette.

I've never owned a dead stock shoe that old, but if I came into possession of a pair, I would condition them heavily and repeatedly over several days before even trying to put my feet in them. Did you do any conditioning before trying them on?
post #2936 of 14248
No and I regret it. Any suggestion on a product?

M
post #2937 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
No and I regret it. Any suggestion on a product?

M

Lexol leather conditioner. I've used it on quite a few pairs of deadstock shoes. You may need several applications. Once the shoes have taken all they can, make sure to let the them dry completely before polishing. Otherwise, it will be hard/impossible to get a shine.
post #2938 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenn View Post
Here's a pair of Carmina double-monks in shell cordovan that I recently acquired.


Stunning!
post #2939 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Stunning!

Agreed.
post #2940 of 14248
Seriously, I am onto those Tramezzas in a big way. Very nice pick up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I