or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I - Page 179  

post #2671 of 14248
those dinkelackers come with leather soles. they are beauties for leather soles too :

post #2672 of 14248
I hate these. For me they are on tthe same level of design as crocs. They stand for so much I dislike about my home country. Wendolin Wideking likes these so much he bought the company...
post #2673 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilmacher View Post
I hate these. For me they are on tthe same level of design as crocs. They stand for so much I dislike about my home country. Wendolin Wideking likes these so much he bought the company...
Well...I'm also german and in my opinion they are ugly as hell..
post #2674 of 14248
Edward Green Malvern F888 in Edwardian, straight outta the box from SkyValet. The EG trees fit perfectly.

post #2675 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16520Man View Post
Edward Green Malvern F888 in Edwardian, straight outta the box from SkyValet. The EG trees fit perfectly.


Sweet! Some of the nicest Malverns I've seen.
post #2676 of 14248
gorgeous Malverns!
post #2677 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilmacher View Post
I hate these. For me they are on tthe same level of design as crocs. They stand for so much I dislike about my home country. Wendolin Wideking likes these so much he bought the company...

Would you say they're provincial?
post #2678 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Would you say they're provincial?

No, Germany isn't as provincial as it used to be. These are worse: they are practical. In fact they are so practical they are brutal and crude. Whilst I can live with practicalty I dislike brutality and crudeness. Germans are often obsessed about the pratical use of things whilst the aethetics remain secondary.
Sometimes I buy things and when my family visits they would aks me about something I purchased "what is that good for?" and I am left to sigh "nothing, it just looks good" my familys reply would be "why pay any money for it if its of no use?".
These shoes are the eppitomy of this state of mind.
post #2679 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Would you say they're provincial?
Well, they're country shoes, so by definition...
post #2680 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
Well, they're country shoes, so by definition...

In fact, I fear they are not intended to be country shoes. People wear them to the office.
post #2681 of 14248
Brown is for farmer.
post #2682 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Brown is for farmer.

And Italians who show the world what looks good...
post #2683 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilmacher View Post
No, Germany isn't as provincial as it used to be. These are worse: they are practical. In fact they are so practical they are brutal and crude. Whilst I can live with practicalty I dislike brutality and crudeness. Germans are often obsessed about the pratical use of things whilst the aethetics remain secondary. Sometimes I buy things and when my family visits they would aks me about something I purchased "what is that good for?" and I am left to sigh "nothing, it just looks good" my familys reply would be "why pay any money for it if its of no use?". These shoes are the eppitomy of this state of mind.
Germans are also infamous for badmouthing their country as well as countrymen. I think this is in fact a uniquely German attitude found nowhere else, at least not in the same intensity.
post #2684 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysdoc View Post
Germans are also infamous for badmouthing their country as well as countrymen. I think this is in fact a uniquely German attitude found nowhere else, at least not in the same intensity.
Some truth in that - here's "Jürgen the German" - no offense meant to anyone.
post #2685 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysdoc View Post
Germans are also infamous for badmouthing their country as well as countrymen. I think this is in fact a uniquely German attitude found nowhere else, at least not in the same intensity.

Maybe NYers vs The Rest of the Country ??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I