or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I - Page 178  

post #2656 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
dark brown museum - gave them a nice polish last night and thought I'd post pics.
Not bad at all. Just a suggestion, I think you might like them better if you were to add laces. Beautiful shoes.
post #2657 of 14248
Got these last week

post #2658 of 14248
Dinkelacker...

(got these off a link bengal stripe posted on andy)

check out the welts on these, i just love these...






and my favorite, Leistezen? buda in cordovan



that one is a tank. must weigh like 10 pounds for this shoe. i want to get it one day.
post #2659 of 14248
I don't know about those Brian. I bit too gunboat for my tastes. Those welts might withstand a war though.
post #2660 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I don't know about those Brian. I bit too gunboat for my tastes. Those welts might withstand a war though.
I like them - not all shoes can be pointy, sleek and summery. They'll be good for the country in autumn, and for some gunboat diplomacy, hehe.
post #2661 of 14248
Don't those belong on the Plus Size Models thread?
post #2662 of 14248
The best thing about these is, if you ever need a lasso in a hurry, you've got one wrapped around your shoes already...


Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe View Post
Dinkelacker...






(got these off a link bengal stripe posted on andy)

check out the welts on these, i just love these...






and my favorite, Leistezen? buda in cordovan



that one is a tank. must weigh like 10 pounds for this shoe. i want to get it one day.
post #2663 of 14248
Wow, there are welts. And there are welts!

When you get these babies resoled, do you go to a cobbler or a mechanical engineer?
post #2664 of 14248
These just arrived from Dior. The toe actually looks sleeker and less bulbous in person.

post #2665 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
These just arrived from Dior. The toe actually looks sleeker and less bulbous in person.

If I could give a small piece of advice to those wishing to improve shoe porn decadence -- avoid the wide angle setting of your camera's zoom lens. The wide angle exaggerates perspective, hence the overly bulbous look to an otherwise elegant shoe.
post #2666 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
If I could give a small piece of advice to those wishing to improve shoe porn decadence -- avoid the wide angle setting of your camera's zoom lens. The wide angle exaggerates perspective, hence the overly bulbous look to an otherwise elegant shoe.

That's actually Dior's photo that I linked from the ad. I just unwrapped them at the office an hour ago
post #2667 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
These just arrived from Dior. The toe actually looks sleeker and less bulbous in person.


Okay, I'm jealous.
post #2668 of 14248
those are not the shoes given to GQ but actually a different mismatched size i had.

i hope you like them GQ. they are one of a few pairs left in this world.


the dinkelackers really can bring out some great jokes can they!!

lol, so funny you guys.

if Jay Leno's show was about shoes, his writers will have a blast writing jokes about these shoes.
post #2669 of 14248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I don't know about those Brian. I bit too gunboat for my tastes. Those welts might withstand a war though.

I'd keep a pair like that on my nightstand. In case an intruder breaks in, I'd blackjack him over the head with one.
post #2670 of 14248
I'm a big fan of country shoes so I love those welts. I would pair it with a leather sole though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Porn Central - Part I