or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Edward Green RLPL Grant Dark Oak 10/10.5D w/Shoe Trees 888 Last
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green RLPL Grant Dark Oak 10/10.5D w/Shoe Trees 888 Last

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
For your consideration the RLPL Grant monk made by Edward Green. They are finished in Dark Oak antique, the most sought after color. They are on the stunning 888 last and are marked 10/10.5D. They come with the beautiful spring-loaded RLPL shoe trees. Unfortunately I don't have the box or bags.

From what I understand these were a store return. Though the wear to the soles is very minimal, it appears someone has tried to redye them. As you can see in the pics they look a little sloppy. The uppers on the other hand could easily pass for new. There is virtually no creasing as you can see in the pics. If it weren't for the soles these could sit on display in the Polo Mansion.

I know these are a grail shoe for many here on the forum, they certainly are for me. Though I won't call these new, it's also hard to call them used -- I've tried to price them accordingly. I'm asking $550 shipped CONUS SOLD with the trees. If you don't want the trees I'll let them go for $490. These are the shoes that originally brought me to the forum and they definitely live up to the hype IRL.

Measurements
12 3/8" x 4 1/4"















post #2 of 23
Purty, what's the interior length?
post #3 of 23
Nice. If they were 10.5/11, they'd be mine.
post #4 of 23
If only I hadn't purchased the Marlows this month. I love how it's a single strap with the proportions of a double.
post #5 of 23
These are beautiful shoes. I read some posts on 888 sizing and am a bit confused about how these compare with, for example an AE sizing. Is the 10/10.5 888 closer to a 10D or 10.5D, or should I expect a snugger fit in the toe box akin to a narrower 10 or 10.5 size? Interested in feedback on both length and width...
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by techstyles View Post
These are beautiful shoes. I read some posts on 888 sizing and am a bit confused about how these compare with, for example an AE sizing. Is the 10/10.5 888 closer to a 10D or 10.5D, or should I expect a snugger fit in the toe box akin to a narrower 10 or 10.5 size? Interested in feedback on both length and width...

IMO, these will fit like a 10.5D. If you are larger/wider than a 10.5D, they will be tight.

I've never owned (god forbid) an AE so can't help you there.
post #7 of 23
How do the Green D widths compare to the Green E width? which is most comparable to a US D width? I know this has been discussed before, but I don't have a clear sense of the answer.
thanks
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave5 View Post
How do the Green D widths compare to the Green E width? which is most comparable to a US D width? I know this has been discussed before, but I don't have a clear sense of the answer. thanks
In previous threads, there has been verification that EG D width is the same (as close as you can get) as US D width.
post #9 of 23
I can see why the dark oak is the most prized color.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fence28 View Post
In previous threads, there has been verification that EG D width is the same (as close as you can get) as US D width. From personal experience, this is true wearing RLPL Mackays on 888 last.

Really good deals for you,I'd get these
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
Really good deals for you,I'd get these
I really and seriously thought about it, but I have too many monkstraps G&G and EG so far has fit me the best with Vass and C&J as close seconds.
post #12 of 23
In terms of width, I personally find the Edward Green D width on the 888 last to be a bit narrower than standard Allen Edmonds or Brooks Brothers D width shoes in the same size. This is primarily due to the 888 simply being a narrower last. The US shoes marked D width are more akin to the EG 202 last in D width. Now somebody go and buy these so I can stop being tempted!
post #13 of 23
Why are these fantastic shoes never in my bloody size
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
In terms of width, I personally find the Edward Green D width on the 888 last to be a bit narrower than standard Allen Edmonds or Brooks Brothers D width shoes in the same size. This is primarily due to the 888 simply being a narrower last. The US shoes marked D width are more akin to the EG 202 last in D width. Now somebody go and buy these so I can stop being tempted!
You know you want to buy it. I mean take a look at your WTB sig.
post #15 of 23
Yeah. I know. Only thing is I already have the Grant in black and the Oundle in dark brown suede. I do love the shoe, but not sure I can justify even at that price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Edward Green RLPL Grant Dark Oak 10/10.5D w/Shoe Trees 888 Last