or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 396
Thread Starter 
Close to 40 lightweight scores one of the best victories. Best manny I seen since his Cotto-Clottey days
post #287 of 396
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE "PAC IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME FANS!??"

Some people only thought that Pac was the P4P best because they hate on PBF!! That wasn't a dive...He got KOd the fuck out!

This recent issue of Ring magazine has it right! They ranked the top 100 fighters(current) and have PB4 as #1 where he should be!
post #288 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

How was it being there live!?happy.gif

Hey..I didn't make the fight. Watched it at home...
post #289 of 396
I'm a Manny fan, but honestly thought that he lost all three of the previous encounters. I find myself happy for Marquez. He deserved it.
post #290 of 396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE "PAC IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME FANS!??"
Some people only thought that Pac was the P4P best because they hate on PBF!! That wasn't a dive...He got KOd the fuck out!
This recent issue of Ring magazine has it right! They ranked the top 100 fighters(current) and have PB4 as #1 where he should be!
manny wants rematch. Juan has demanded they do Floyd Style Drug Testing if there is a rematch.lol8[1].gif

$40 mil wasn't enough to motivate manny beforehand. What about a chance to redeem his pride after being brutally knocked out in humiliating fashion?
post #291 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I'm a Manny fan, but honestly thought that he lost all three of the previous encounters. I find myself happy for Marquez. He deserved it.

I said this and got lambasted.
post #292 of 396
Manila was a poor choice of venue for that speech smile.gif
post #293 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

manny wants rematch. Juan has demanded they do Floyd Style Drug Testing if there is a rematch.lol8[1].gif
$40 mil wasn't enough to motivate manny beforehand. What about a chance to redeem his pride after being brutally knocked out in humiliating fashion?

Arum is a fraud. He said the other day that a Pac vs Juan 5 would be a bigger fight than Manny vs PBF. Dude has lost it! PBF vs Manny..even now....is still the one that people want to see....Arum DOES NOT want to put Manuela in the ring vs PBF.

Manny is not a fighter anymore. He is a politician/singer/actor/boxer. He got KO'd by a fighter.
post #294 of 396
This looks like a damm good card if they can make the Canelo v Trout fight on the under card.
(One of my boys just asked if I want to go...but I am headed to Thailand next month and not sure I want to blow any more vacation days so soon after.)

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8962874/floyd-mayweather-signs-pay-per-view-deal-showtime-cbs-fight-robert-guerrero-4
post #295 of 396
Wow...another Filipino got exposed. More focus and less "profiling!"
post #296 of 396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Wow...another Filipino got exposed. More focus and less "profiling!"
good good upcoming weeks for boxing

We had Rigo last Saturday.

Trout this upcoming Saturday

Martinez the Saturday after next

Then Mayweather next next Saturday

Team Slick coming out in full force
post #297 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

good good upcoming weeks for boxing

We had Rigo last Saturday.

Trout this upcoming Saturday

Martinez the Saturday after next

Then Mayweather next next Saturday

Team Slick coming out in full force

Trout vs Canelo will be the best of that bunch IMO. That would have been a blockbuster night if it would have been on the PBF May 4 card as it was scheduled to be....
post #298 of 396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Trout vs Canelo will be the best of that bunch IMO. That would have been a blockbuster night if it would have been on the PBF May 4 card as it was scheduled to be....
who do you think wins Trout Canelo?eh.gif
post #299 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

who do you think wins Trout Canelo?eh.gif


Tough call. I am favoring Canelo just because of his power(though Trout has great defense.)...I think Canelo is going to get hit like he hasn't before and I can see him losing. Trout has to treat this(like his last fight) as the shining moment of his career. He may never get this chance again.....Just looking fwd to a great fight!
post #300 of 396
The judge who went 118-109 should never be part of a fight again. The 116-111 spread seemed too much for me as well. Trout never seemed to have his legs all in order whether it was tangling with Canelo's or just having them way wide from lunging. It always looked like he was stumbling especially on the knockdown. If he doesn't twist his ankle there he doesn't go down. It was entertaining to watch the two styles clash. It's too bad that we pretty much knew the result after the 8th round scores were told.

On the undercard the Figueroa-Cotto fight seemed fishy to me. Figueroa was landing some good shots, but the way Cotto went down was odd. Figueroa caught him with a body shot in the corner, didn't look like Cotto was going down from it, but Figueroa didn't go in for another and Cotto went down after a delay. I know body shots for knockdowns aren't instantaneous, but Figueroa clearly could've thrown a couple more shots before Cotto fell.
Edited by tullytra - 4/21/13 at 4:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread