or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread - Page 76

post #1126 of 1282
Maybe won't be a 9 figure fight but all he has to do is talk some shit about the Latin community or whatever and get people hating again and get some dudes upping Garcia and the casual fan will think it's a real contest.
post #1127 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Maybe won't be a 9 figure fight but all he has to do is talk some shit about the Latin community or whatever and get people hating again and get some dudes upping Garcia and the casual fan will think it's a real contest.
Show love for Donald Trump.

Quick way to troll Mexicans. They'll defly tune in.
post #1128 of 1282
Well that ended exactly as most expected...

giphy.gif


Got to give props to Khan though for taking that risk and for actually winning the first three rounds.


Canelos post-fight interview was hilarious though, saying he invitied GGG to the ring because Mexicans don't play that shit and that he'd put his gloves back on and fight GGG then and there but just a few days ago he was saying GGG needs to fight more and prove himself and work himself up and that he is fighting at 154/155 and won't fight anyone at 160 (despite his belt being for the 160 title).
Quote:
BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene 1h1 hour ago
Canelo To Golovkin: Earn Your Shot, Work Your Way Up! http://dlvr.it/LDW8S3 #boxing




post #1129 of 1282
Canelo barely bothered putting any combinations together the whole fight. I suppose he didn't need to, but I get the feeling that if he'd actually tried to box properly he could've knocked him out in 2 rather than 6.

Seems to be going backwards tbh.
post #1130 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Canelo barely bothered putting any combinations together the whole fight. I suppose he didn't need to, but I get the feeling that if he'd actually tried to box properly he could've knocked him out in 2 rather than 6.

Seems to be going backwards tbh.
Alvarez was always unusually patient and slow at starting for a Mexican fighter.

His natural disposition is to counterpunch rather than pressure to get all up in your azz.
post #1131 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Well that ended exactly as most expected...

giphy.gif


Got to give props to Khan though for taking that risk and for actually winning the first three rounds.


Canelos post-fight interview was hilarious though, saying he invitied GGG to the ring because Mexicans don't play that shit and that he'd put his gloves back on and fight GGG then and there but just a few days ago he was saying GGG needs to fight more and prove himself and work himself up and that he is fighting at 154/155 and won't fight anyone at 160 (despite his belt being for the 160 title).

gennady's silly hypocrisy is coming back to bite him in the ass.

He wanted to go up in weight for certain guys but got silent about doing the same to face Ward.

Now Alvarez is using weight as an excuse also.

THe difference is Alvarez has actually faced good opponents.
post #1132 of 1282
Well to be fair Canelo is fighting much smaller guys than him, he fights at 154/155 for the 160 belt and rehydrates to around 170-175 on fight night. He's mostly fought smaller guys, hell Khan is a 147 fight that he made go up and Cotto was a much smaller fighter too and can;t even KO him. Plus he was gifted some of his wins, Trout fight was much closer and many argue Lara won against him.

While GGG is cleaning up his division and has fought either his mandatory or top 10 ranked p4p in his division, Lemiuex, Murray and Geale were all within top 10 when he fought them. Some of the others are probably ranked up there too til he knocked them out of the ranking. And Saundes, one of the top ranked p4p in the division is asking for too much and using that as an excuse to fight but I get it, to most it's a high risk low reward to fight GGG.

In the meantime Canelo decides he wants to keep fighting in his made up weight class and still keep the title. I mean Canelo would be heavier than GGG on fight night for sure.

I don't know how you can knock a guy who actually is fighting in his weight class (no catch weights), cleaning it up and challenging for the belt while the champ is out there beating people much, much smaller than him. I mean dudes been fighting overweight welterweights for the middleweight belt.

Plus that Ward fight was not as simple as just going up in weight, first GGG was the champ so Ward should have come down (I believe he was suppose to fight at 168 on his comeback but could make it below 170 due to the layoff). Second, after his long layoff, GGG was clearly the A-side but Ward wanted it to be him. Ward is partly to blame for fighting in the court instead of the ring and lost his p4p ranking in the process.


If Canelo doesn't want to fight GGG then he should just drop the title (which he will likely do instead of fighting) and then GGG could face Jacobs for it.



By the way, did you see the fight? I had Khan wining the first 3 rounds and Canelo go it back in 4 and 5 before the KO but supposedly the judges had Canelo winning which was absurd to me. It';s gon' be difficult to beat him on the judges card no matter who he fights.
post #1133 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Well to be fair Canelo is fighting much smaller guys than him, he fights at 154/155 for the 160 belt and rehydrates to around 170-175 on fight night. He's mostly fought smaller guys, hell Khan is a 147 fight that he made go up and Cotto was a much smaller fighter too and can;t even KO him. Plus he was gifted some of his wins, Trout fight was much closer and many argue Lara won against him.

While GGG is cleaning up his division and has fought either his mandatory or top 10 ranked p4p in his division, Lemiuex, Murray and Geale were all within top 10 when he fought them. Some of the others are probably ranked up there too til he knocked them out of the ranking. And Saundes, one of the top ranked p4p in the division is asking for too much and using that as an excuse to fight but I get it, to most it's a high risk low reward to fight GGG.

In the meantime Canelo decides he wants to keep fighting in his made up weight class and still keep the title. I mean Canelo would be heavier than GGG on fight night for sure.

I don't know how you can knock a guy who actually is fighting in his weight class (no catch weights), cleaning it up and challenging for the belt while the champ is out there beating people much, much smaller than him. I mean dudes been fighting overweight welterweights for the middleweight belt.

Plus that Ward fight was not as simple as just going up in weight, first GGG was the champ so Ward should have come down (I believe he was suppose to fight at 168 on his comeback but could make it below 170 due to the layoff). Second, after his long layoff, GGG was clearly the A-side but Ward wanted it to be him. Ward is partly to blame for fighting in the court instead of the ring and lost his p4p ranking in the process.


If Canelo doesn't want to fight GGG then he should just drop the title (which he will likely do instead of fighting) and then GGG could face Jacobs for it.



By the way, did you see the fight? I had Khan wining the first 3 rounds and Canelo go it back in 4 and 5 before the KO but supposedly the judges had Canelo winning which was absurd to me. It';s gon' be difficult to beat him on the judges card no matter who he fights.
Had it 3-2 for Alvarez prior to him laying Amir's azz out. Thought the rounds Amir won were highly competitive.

Amir throws fast flurries that give the impression of landing. In truth he sloppy and missed many punches. Alvarez was already countering him in round 1.

Alvarez has fought guys his size such as Trout and Lara.

Even though he's much bigger than Floyd fighting him took more balls to take than anything gennady has done.

Boxing is simple. Throughout history a good number of fighters went into a higher weight classes to seek greatness. gennady's hasn't even faced a good fighter.

Despite picking on small guys at times Saul's list of opponents shits all over gennady's.

At 25 years old Saul has already faced a legendary figure (Floyd), a future hall of famer (Cotto), and some good fighters like Lara. gennady is 34 but has yet to fight a truly good fighter.

I can live with the occasional cherrypick from Alvarez like last night's fight because he still ends up fighting good opponents. gennady on the other hand has only fought okay fighters
post #1134 of 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


By the way, did you see the fight? I had Khan wining the first 3 rounds and Canelo go it back in 4 and 5 before the KO but supposedly the judges had Canelo winning which was absurd to me. It';s gon' be difficult to beat him on the judges card no matter who he fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

Had it 3-2 for Alvarez prior to him laying Amir's azz out. Thought the rounds Amir won were highly competitive.

Amir throws fast flurries that give the impression of landing. In truth he sloppy and missed many punches. Alvarez was already countering him in round 1.

Yeah I had Alvarez ahead as well, despite his laziness. I can understand having Khan ahead though.
post #1135 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Also hbo giving gennady airtime during the broadcast. It was good to see them put pressure on a highly demanded fight. That's a start and should be done for more fights.

gennady is the new phony pacquiao persona boy. HBO loves fruity puppets.
post #1136 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Alvarez was trained well by the media.

When questioned about gennady last night he rings up nationalism. The dummies in the audience get aroused and ignore his ducking of the question.
post #1137 of 1282
Thread Starter 
post #1138 of 1282
Lara and Trout are Super Welterweights/Jr Middleweigths, again Canelos title is for the 160 pounds Middleweight and he hasn't fought anyone in that weight class.

And you can't really give him credit for fighting Mayweather, everyone wants to fight him, just be lucky if you get chosen.

I think this sums up GGGs problem with competition:

Quote:
The GGG situation closely mirrors the situation Hagler had before all his legendary fights against Duran, Hearns and Leonard. In a sport like boxing, the way you make yourself the "A side" of a card is by beating one and taking his spot. The problem arises, when a guy clearly demonstrates that he is already top notch "A side" quality, before another big fighter gives him that chance. At that point a situation is created where any rational "A Side" fighter sees fighting GGG as a massive risk with very minimal reward.

GGG has tried to get fights with everyone that has been named except Andre Ward. There are multiple reasons for that though. One of them is that GGG has never gotten a chance to fight for the lineal belt in his own natural division even though he's deserved the shot for 2 years. For a lot of young up and comers this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but GGG is older and has already matured to his natural weight. It is not similar to Canelo's situation, where he walks around weighing more than GGG, but is waiting to mature a bit before moving up to a class that will still be natural. The second reason is that due to Ward's inactivity, he hurt his $$$ drawing power as an "A side". If Ward was Floyd, then GGG would've jumped to any weight to fight him, but in reality Ward is a guy who was #1 P4P behind Floyd before his inactivity, but wouldn't give him as big a reward as fighting a guy like Canelo. The Ward-GGG fight is the fight that should be marinating. Potential for 2 top P4P fighters in the world to go at it in a superfight. GGG-Canelo would be a super money fight, but Canelo is not a top P4P fighter and that's why it makes no sense for him to be dissing GGG. Canelo is exactly the type of guy who should get in the ring with GGG if he believes the hype is unwarranted, and the exact type of guy GGG needs to fight to legitimize the fact that he deserves to fight a guy like Ward. In the meantime hopefully Ward's name would gain stature again.

The whole GGG situation will come to an end the second one top/big name fighter steps up and gets in the ring with him. Hagler was 57-2-2 before Duran (a natural lightweight but huge name) finally bit the bullet for everyone and fought him. The second Hagler had beaten a name like that, his whole career hit a new level, and the $$ that came along was enough to lure Hearns and later Leonard to do the same.
post #1139 of 1282
Thread Starter 
You see how sloppy and inaccurate Amir is. A highlight video that slows down much of the action. He misses all 7 punches of a flurry.

Amir got blazing handspeed to throw flashy flurries but he doesn't land unlike manny. It didn't help that the filipino boxing style ingrained into him, from years of being manny's gym buddy, sucks against counterpunchers.

Alvarez makes some good fights. He's an atypical Mexican who boxes like a black guy. Unlike the brothas he has slow feet so major movement for defense isn't an option. This puts him at closer ranges more often, which leads to higher action as he counters fools.
post #1140 of 1282
good vid

I like watching stuff like that
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread