or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread - Page 71

post #1051 of 1265
post #1052 of 1265
dam she looked good
post #1053 of 1265
Thread Starter 
Roy Jonez speaks upon how America likes to worship foreign fighters while overlooking their own (Slique Black American boxers)
post #1054 of 1265
Floyd is a despicable human being but there's definite racism in the way he's treated by the American media and public.
post #1055 of 1265
Thread Starter 
All we need now is for Alvarez to get beat up on Saturday. 2015 is a glorious year of overhyped fighters being deflated


post #1056 of 1265
Nah I want Canelo to come good. Young and talented.
post #1057 of 1265
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Nah I want Canelo to come good. Young and talented.
too limited

He only has counterpuncher mode. The degree of hype is unwarranted given his amount of skills.

There are much better options if you like them young and talented such as Crawford, Verdejo, Spence, etc.

The fact that Alvarez always has at least one judge in his pocket for challenging fights (Trout, Floyd, and Erislandy) is disgraceful for boxing. Who gets a draw card for doing jack shit against the PPV cash cow star
post #1058 of 1265
Jean Pascal now training with Freddie Roach.


Cotto stripped of WBC title, now has no obligation to fight GGG if he wins and avoids $300k in sanctioning fees. But Canelo can still be the champ if he wins.
post #1059 of 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Jean Pascal now training with Freddie Roach.


Cotto stripped of WBC title, now has no obligation to fight GGG if he wins and avoids $300k in sanctioning fees. But Canelo can still be the champ if he wins.

Useless rematch. He will get stomped again by Krusher.

I love Cotto as a Boxer and a person but I think Canelo pulls it out
post #1060 of 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Yeah and guess what, Froch himself knows he is too big and too strong for GGG.
Again stop pushing GGG to fight bigger fighters especially it is Ward himself who is trying to fight Kovalev. I mean why can't you just be happy that Ward is facing someone more dangerous? He isn't running from him? Why is your focus on GGG who wants to clean up his division? Because he is white and Ward is black and you want the guaranteed win of the black fighter over the white? Do you really want/need that advantage so much?

You are way more focused on the supposedly next "great white hope" losing than seeing Ward as fighting someone that is a much bigger threat thus cementing his legacy better with that win, instead of beating a smaller guy that has to move up in the division?

If goddamn Ward has gotten over GGG then why can't you?

Like I said man, you just sound pathetic and makes the thread unreadable. I am not going to say I am a boxing expert but I love the sport and love talking about it so I keep getting lured in here because sometimes guys like systematic, watchman or laguy comes along and provides actual unbiased insight. You have some good insights here and there too, especially after a fight with your analysis but the things in between are unbearable and make very little sense. You already sound like a sore loser and sore winners for the fighters you like even before the fight even begins.

Edit.

Tycoon what's your issue dude? Are you so far in Money's ass you can't have proper discussions? I bet if Mayweather continues to be "classy" about Rhonda being defeated you would be as well?

If all of a sudden Mayweather became civil with Oscar you would retract your statements?

What's with all the racist remarks about great white hope? You sound like those FB black power empowerment folks who just spew white people have been killing nergo's since (insert date here)

As a "boxing" fan you should promote boxing and not have favourtism to one fighter or race etc.

Just be glad that the fight this weekend has generated and will generate alot of talk.
Edited by 7_rocket - 11/17/15 at 4:11pm
post #1061 of 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I think she got too addicted to KOs with her destroying her last opponent because people loved it and her corner being terrible at telling her to go punch for punch against a former womens world boxing champ. She was never going to win that battle.

Not to take away from Holms, she lured her to her specialty and had good enough defense to escape Rondas clinches and takedowns.

Rhonda simply had a poor gameplan, did nothing to adapt, and had the worst advice I've ever heard from an MMA corner.  Holm is good, but she is not known as a KO artist.  Rhonda essentially handed her the KO by walking flush into every straight left that came down the pipe.  She (Holly) did everything right though.  I came to MMA from a kickboxing background, and everything that is supposed to be done to stop judo specialists, she did very well.  The way she controlled the distance of the clinch, for example, was exactly the way you'd do it in a drill.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by systematic View Post

Anyone that thought Ronda, or any female mma fighter, can beat even a lower level boxer is insane.

Most male MMA fighters couldn't take a lower level pro-boxer in a straight up boxing match.  Why is this even a question?  It's like saying the best triathlete couldn't beat the best marathon runner in a straight up marathon.  No duh.  They are different sports.  The pro-boxer would nearly certainly lose to even a low level pro MMA fighter, in an MMA match, by the same token.   Any non-completely stupid MMA fighter would immediately take the fight to the ground and either submit the boxer or just sit in full mount and punch and elbow until the ref pulled them off.  Stopping the takedown is not an easy thing to learn either, nor is getting up from the takedown.  And being great or even good at one sport is not necessarily going to translate to being good at another.  Holm had the distinct advantage of coming from a gym that is primarily known for training great MMA fighters.

 

Anyway, back to boxing - Cotto Canelo should be fun.  I don't see it being a great night for Cotto, but I suppose we'll see.

post #1062 of 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Most male MMA fighters couldn't take a lower level pro-boxer in a straight up boxing match.  Why is this even a question?  It's like saying the best triathlete couldn't beat the best marathon runner in a straight up marathon.  No duh.  They are different sports.  The pro-boxer would nearly certainly lose to even a low level pro MMA fighter, in an MMA match, by the same token.   Any non-completely stupid MMA fighter would immediately take the fight to the ground and either submit the boxer or just sit in full mount and punch and elbow until the ref pulled them off.  Stopping the takedown is not an easy thing to learn either, nor is getting up from the takedown.  And being great or even good at one sport is not necessarily going to translate to being good at another.  Holm had the distinct advantage of coming from a gym that is primarily known for training great MMA fighters.

I think the argument was that Ronda could beat Floyd in an MMA fight because she would get the fight to the ground ASAP and submit him. I never agreed because as we saw Saturday, and as has been clear in every one of her fights, Ronda's striking defense is atrocious. She bullrushes her opponents with her chin up, hands down, and no head movement. Not a problem when you're fighting the likes of Miesha Tate. A pretty big problem when you're fighting someone who can strike. Any male boxer or MMA fighter would starch her senseless when she attempted to close the distance.
post #1063 of 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I think the argument was that Ronda could beat Floyd in an MMA fight because she would get the fight to the ground ASAP and submit him. I never agreed because as we saw Saturday, and as has been clear in every one of her fights, Ronda's striking defense is atrocious. She bullrushes her opponents with her chin up, hands down, and no head movement. Not a problem when you're fighting the likes of Miesha Tate. A pretty big problem when you're fighting someone who can strike. Any male boxer or MMA fighter would starch her senseless when she attempted to close the distance.

I don't think that boxers are trained to defend a takedown. I'd submit that defensive MMA and defensive boxing, where the clinch is actually used to stall action, and which Mayweather likes to use sometimes to smother action, are quite different. This from someone who did decently in MMA, not badly in kickboxing and full contact kung fu (San Shou), and is not that great at traditional boxing. Different rules, different skills. Mayweather is a phenomenal athlete, and he might be able to adapt his skills to MMA, but the mapping is not 1:1.

You ever see that bizarre match between Ali and the Japanese pro wrestler?
post #1064 of 1265
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Edit.

Tycoon what's your issue dude? Are you so far in Money's ass you can't have proper discussions? I bet if Mayweather continues to be "classy" about Rhonda being defeated you would be as well?
No

I'm happy about Ronda's defeat. She continually tried to troll the boxing world by saying she'd beat up the best pro male boxers in a fistfight.

To have sustained success playing the arrogant fighter one should be skilled enough to always win. At the very least if a villain loses it shouldn't be humiliating--think the times Ali got beat up, when he wasn't shot yet, it was still competitive.

In fact I always admired how outspoken Floyd is. The best way to communicate anything is directly. Unlike you I don't glow with butterflies as he puts on his "classy" act for ronda. He's subtly patronizing when a stab straight to her face will do.

As a diehard Floyd fan I was severely disappointed when he didn't light manny the fuck up during the promos for all the latter's bullshit throughout the years. Same sentiment for the act he's putting on towards ronda's defeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

If all of a sudden Mayweather became civil with Oscar you would retract your statements?
Oscar's a phony who couldn't say sh1t to Floyd's face. He only began to speak AFTER Floyd kicked his AZZ. Unlike you I don't relate to fakes and back them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

What's with all the racist remarks about great white hope? You sound like those FB black power empowerment folks who just spew white people have been killing nergo's since (insert date here)
I didn't invent the great white hope. White Americans did. It's apart of boxing history and still was recently. Deal with it.

The Great White Hope is tasked with fulfilling a racist agenda--try to beat the uncontrollable and dominant black fighter that many basic people hate. manny's hype was largely based off of this. They foolishly thought he could do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

As a "boxing" fan you should promote boxing and not have favourtism to one fighter or race etc.
Then why are you overlooking ronda's bullshit. IDK if you got a crush on blonde white girls or what. Or perhaps you feel the need to be a charity of sympathy since a female just got KTFO. You obviously keep up with enough boxing news as you know how Floyd's acting "classy" yet conveniently ignored ronda's trolling.


I'll make it clear for you. Many of the qualities you despise in Floyd are traits I find admirable:

*speaking one's mind even if it means being hated
*a monster ego that creates an unshakable self-belief and commands attention
*rebelliousness
*a health dose of disrespect for the establishment and status quo

If Floyd was inauthentic like Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar, or manny, I wouldn't be as big a fan. Honesty is good.

More importantly as a "boxing" fan you should want to see gennady fight the best fighters possible. You have the nerve to quote a post with a bunch of weak azz excuses and justification for his fairly soft opposition only to respond with your distaste for my support of a RETIRED fighter.
Edited by TyCooN - 11/18/15 at 10:18am
post #1065 of 1265
On second thought. I really don't have the energy to argue with you. smile.gif


I get it. Mayweather is your God. Are you Larryxxx from BS? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edited by 7_rocket - 11/18/15 at 10:41am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread