• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

denim stores in london???

Diamonds-By-Simon

Reaction score
Just moved to London and was wondering where the best places to buy premium denim might be. Thanks in advance for your time.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
START London has some decent stuff. But it might be worth a trip to Superdenim in York. That's all I know of.

chroMe

Reaction score
To see a few dozen styles under one roof I would go to Harvey Nicks to check for fit and then buy elsewhere online for cheaper prices.

For something different, try indigofera prps line of denim in dalston.

oh, and A.p.c. on Dover - try the Dover street market too.

Bullitt

Reaction score
- A butcher of distinction
- Son of a stag
- Liberty

clownmitts

Reaction score
A butcher of distinction recently closed down. American Classics on Endell street near Covent Garden carries SDA and Sugarcane. I bought a pair of Allevol jeans this weekend from Son of a Stag.

Lance

Reaction score
Cinch on Newburgh Street, London LEVIS!

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Son of a Stag is on Drapers Walk, Truman Brewery, Brick Lane; carries a decent range including Lee, Leiv's etc - tey now have a Union Special chainstich machine so can alter the length of your jeans and keep the right style of hem. Butchers of Distinction has indeed closed down. Beyond Retro on Cheshire St, just off Brick Lane, sells vintage stuff. You will pretty much always find Pg E and Stormrider jackets, with occasional choice 50s items, hats, old Converse, you name it.
Beyondretro.jpg
Present has just opened at 140 Shoreditch High St; expensive, but they sell great stuff including Studio D'Artisan, Trickers, and some lovely oiled Parkas from Millerain. GO to Brick Lane on a Sunday and pick up an espresso there, the Barista - Gwilym Davies - is the current world champion.
trickers.jpg
awardwinningcoffee.jpg
American Classics on Endell St in Covent Garden has a great range including LVC and Sugar Cane but is expensive; check out Interstate, opposite, they have brands like Edwin at reasonable prices. Selfridges must have changed their buyer; their range is pitiful these days. Dover St market is worth a look; mostly overpriced fashion brands, but I did see some nice Chambray shirts in there last time I went. And as mentioned, you should also check out Cinch on Newburgh St for the full range of LVC. Don't forget the Lee store nearby on Carnaby St; they have the Edwin-made vintage range downstairs (again overpriced I'm afraid, but you can try them on before buying via Rakuten). There's also Meet Bernard, for Nudies, Edwin at College Approach in Greenwich, SE10. Look out for T-shirt stall in the market run by www.departmentofworks.com - Cary, aka The Clerk, also has a vintage Union Special and offers a chainstitch service. Nearby, on Creek Road, is the Emporium - their sotck is mostly vintage, but they usually have a good range of vintage reissue Lee and Blue Bell/Wrangler.

clownmitts

Reaction score
I don't understand why selfridges exists. They sell everything you can find on the high street +15% tacked on.

Bullitt

Reaction score
Selfridges is good when they have sales.

Shame ABoD closed down. I went there two month ago and the sales assistant told me about the new KMW range they would get in. It was the only place in London for KMW.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i heard last week from a guy who works part time at Son of Stag that they're supposed to get in a shipment of Real McCoy and Studio D'Artisan soon so they'll have some Japanese repro offerings besides Lee and LVC, and as mentioned have the only Union Special chainstitch machine in the country.

jaac

Reaction score
Three Threads , which is somewhere near Old Street station (you can google it) had some nice stuff when i went there.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
i heard last week from a guy who works part time at Son of Stag that they're supposed to get in a shipment of Real McCoy and Studio D'Artisan soon so they'll have some Japanese repro offerings besides Lee and LVC, and as mentioned have the only Union Special chainstitch machine in the country.

Well, one of two. Cary at The Department of Works has his up and running and has posted the results at SuFu: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=168876

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any updated on this list? I want to try Jeans in size 29 especially, turns out a lot harder to find them than I thought, even at retail...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads