or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I just bought a... (non clothing item)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I just bought a... (non clothing item) - Page 290

post #4336 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


I think george Jensen, Holmegaard etc. stopped making crystal glassware a couple years back, so one of the Riedel firms (Spigelau, Nachtmann, Riedel) or Waterford.

Thanks man!

post #4337 of 4584
There is a shop local to me that gets a lot of George Jensen silver and he may have a stock pile of the Crystal as well. I realize that Steuben is American, but he had quite a bit of the tear drop pieces last I was in.

Finn, I've had good luck so far, Herman Miller and Cassina were well behaved as far as time-frame estimates go, so here's to hoping that Louis Poulsen is as well.

I have a love for many chairs, lamps and so on.
post #4338 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

There is a shop local to me that gets a lot of George Jensen silver and he may have a stock pile of the Crystal as well. I realize that Steuben is American, but he had quite a bit of the tear drop pieces last I was in.

Could you check out if he has something similar to that Orrefors and for what price? 

post #4339 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Finn, I've had good luck so far, Herman Miller and Cassina were well behaved as far as time-frame estimates go, so here's to hoping that Louis Poulsen is as well.
I have a love for many chairs, lamps and so on.

The last couple things I have bought, have all gone over the sofa went over by 4 weeks, but in all fairness I bought in June.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Thanks man!

you're wecome
post #4340 of 4584
I'm not terribly worried about it, I tend to completely forget that I ordered something and then I'm surprised, like a kid on christmas.

Hampton, if you would like his info, I'll forward it to you. He's extremely knowledgable, so it's certainly worth having a conversation with him about what you want.
post #4341 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Hampton, if you would like his info, I'll forward it to you. He's extremely knowledgable, so it's certainly worth having a conversation with him about what you want.

Sound's great you can pm me the information. Thanks.

post #4342 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

I'm not terribly worried about it, I tend to completely forget that I ordered something and then I'm surprised, like a kid on christmas.

No need to be it will arrive (at some point).wink.gif

I know the feeling.
post #4343 of 4584
Finn,

So for some reason they shipped out immediately and I am receiving it sometime next week....It was all wrapped up in a huge allocation.
post #4344 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Aha good info. But if i'm going to buy a new computer i'm going to buy apple. Since i'm so happy with my iPhone.
I'd get a Thinkpad t430, especially if you need it for work too (i.e. don't just use it l as a desktop pc but move it around a lot).
post #4345 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Finn,
So for some reason they shipped out immediately and I am receiving it sometime next week....It was all wrapped up in a huge allocation.

Nice
post #4346 of 4584
Another pair of RE P3s to replace the ones stolen out of my car ... ffffuuuu.gif
post #4347 of 4584
gallery1.jpg

Installed this last night. This is the coolest thing I've played with in a while.
post #4348 of 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Installed this last night. This is the coolest thing I've played with in a while.

Please let us know how well it works after you have used it for a while. Been curious about the device.
post #4349 of 4584
If I had forced air, I would consider buying one of those for my rental (just swap them back out when I move).

Unfortunately my radiators are all controlled individually.
post #4350 of 4584
Did you go from a regular programmable thermostat (like 7 day programmable) to this one? If so, have you noticed a difference? I know its main selling point is ease-of-use, but I'd be interested to know how much it actually saves in energy use compared to a regular programmable one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I just bought a... (non clothing item)