or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I just bought a... (non clothing item)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I just bought a... (non clothing item) - Page 279

post #4171 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post

Brother MFC-7860DW Laser Printer for my new home office. Awesome wireless printer (with duplex!) for <$200! I'll never go back to crappy inkjets.



350



Just given the same printer for office duties... Great little printer!
post #4172 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post

700

Used Saarinen executive chair. I'm going to try to steam clean it, but it's in pretty good shape.
It'll replace an Ikea Poang for much less than the cost of a new Ikea Poang.

nice! i thought those were swedish designed or some sort. my bad tho if saarinen is indeed swedish.
post #4173 of 4522
Sony C Series Laptop:

Sony-VAIO-C-Series-laptop-Neon-Green-2.jpg

biggrin.gif
post #4174 of 4522
Got this for a nice price, had to get it. Still moving in and getting stuff, so it'll be a slow process. Hope to find a decent chrome bar cart to go next to this on the right side, and then a big colorful china pot or two (I saw a few this weekend for $5-10) for the other side which I think I will fill with a bunch of odor-absorbing charcoal and then top with my wine cork collection to hide the charcoal. Once I get a TV hung to the wall above this and get my mac mini hooked up, this wall of the room should be mostly complete.

Going to put my hair on hide full zebra skin on the floor as the rug for this room, and then get a new tri-color cow hair on hide for the upstairs living room. Dog likes to hang out on the rug.

307532_10100427256127250_15904009_53016774_1637468554_n.jpg
post #4175 of 4522
and this junk store Wassily, going to change out the leather straps as a project. Going to put 1.5mm natural uncolored veg tan calfskin straps on, with gut thread, or maybe just some naturally grained brown calf, sewn up by hand. Then I'll burnish all the leather edges to keep it clean looking. It'll take on patina as it gets used. Right now the white leather is passable but I'm pretty finicky about leather at this point.

319961_10100425220915830_15904009_52993161_2142001918_n.jpg
post #4176 of 4522
I bought a folding beach chair. leaving it in the car, goign to pull over and read books in random places around the world (ok, just by the beach).

341
post #4177 of 4522
300
New trash can by Simplehuman.

300
New paper towel holder by Simplehuman.
post #4178 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarickView Post
Decent looking car, but it is begging for some respectable rims!
Anybody who puts rims on a Volvo should be shot on sight.


That's a lot of dead swedes.
post #4179 of 4522
A Performance Pool safety cover: http://www.propools.com/pacific-pool-safety-covers.php

Wish I had bought it years ago -- the old one with the leaky water-bags holding it down was hideous.
post #4180 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Got this for a nice price, had to get it. Still moving in and getting stuff, so it'll be a slow process. Hope to find a decent chrome bar cart to go next to this on the right side, and then a big colorful china pot or two (I saw a few this weekend for $5-10) for the other side which I think I will fill with a bunch of odor-absorbing charcoal and then top with my wine cork collection to hide the charcoal. Once I get a TV hung to the wall above this and get my mac mini hooked up, this wall of the room should be mostly complete.
Going to put my hair on hide full zebra skin on the floor as the rug for this room, and then get a new tri-color cow hair on hide for the upstairs living room. Dog likes to hang out on the rug.
307532_10100427256127250_15904009_53016774_1637468554_n.jpg

very nice... smile.gif
post #4181 of 4522
Picked up two upholstered Eames side shell chairs and a fiberglass arm chair with metal legs that I'm going to convert into a rocker.
I'll add pics when the latter project is complete.
post #4182 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

and this junk store Wassily, going to change out the leather straps as a project. Going to put 1.5mm natural uncolored veg tan calfskin straps on, with gut thread, or maybe just some naturally grained brown calf, sewn up by hand. Then I'll burnish all the leather edges to keep it clean looking. It'll take on patina as it gets used. Right now the white leather is passable but I'm pretty finicky about leather at this point.
319961_10100425220915830_15904009_52993161_2142001918_n.jpg

I can sort of picture what you plan on doing, sounds like a good plan. The style of your home looks perfect for mid-century stuff.
post #4183 of 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvc06 View Post

Picked up two upholstered Eames side shell chairs and a fiberglass arm chair with metal legs that I'm going to convert into a rocker.
I'll add pics when the latter project is complete.

did you find a good spot around chicago or were these bought new/craigslist?
post #4184 of 4522
Found the two upholstered ones on Craiglist and the armchair/rocker base on Ebay. They're both vintage, I love the fiberglass look much better than the current plastic versions.
My school has a few old eames stacking chairs laying around that I wish I could take smile.gif
post #4185 of 4522
262
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I just bought a... (non clothing item)