or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rum. - Page 8

post #106 of 255
Just found Plantation Grande Reserve Aged 5 Years Barbados Rum. Made by Cognac producer C. Ferrand, this is an incredible value at $16.99 for 750ml ($28.99 for 1.75ml). I have not seen this bottle before.

Serious sipping rum at this price? Stock up.
post #107 of 255
I had a really nice Haitian rum tonight.
post #108 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
I had a really nice Haitian rum tonight.
Barbancourt 5-star?

The local super market just got something I was lacking so far: Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera (Venezuela). Not like I've needed another rum but the urge tohave more more more is so big
post #109 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffthis View Post
Just found Plantation Grande Reserve Aged 5 Years Barbados Rum. Made by Cognac producer C. Ferrand, this is an incredible value at $16.99 for 750ml ($28.99 for 1.75ml). I have not seen this bottle before.

Serious sipping rum at this price? Stock up.

dammit, I would read this thread on a Sunday.
post #110 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón View Post
Barbancourt 5-star?

The local super market just got something I was lacking so far: Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera (Venezuela). Not like I've needed another rum but the urge tohave more more more is so big

you can get btter but you have to be near haiti.
berling kicks it´s as and then some.
post #111 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón View Post
Barbancourt 5-star?

The local super market just got something I was lacking so far: Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera (Venezuela). Not like I've needed another rum but the urge tohave more more more is so big

yes, I couldn't remember how to spell the name, but that is it. I was waiting for a table at a resteraunt, and popped into a cigar place next door, and had a cigar and a shot of rum. very nice, I'd buy a bottle for home.
post #112 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Seriously? I was just at the fucking liquor mega-store and it was $100. You mind picking that other one up and shipping it to me? Shit, it'd be much cheaper that way.

Shopper's Vineyard. http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/stor...-302p12453.htm
post #113 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

I keep on expecting to see them raise the price, but it's stayed at $50 for at least a year.
post #114 of 255
Bought my first bottle of good quality rum over the weekend. I went with Zacapa 23 based on reading this thread and the fact that my local wine shop offered few options in the high end rum class. I don't drink a lot of liquor but when I do it is occasionally scotch or more often cognac. I poured 2 fingers in a lowball glass. My impression of the first sip was one of cognac that had been sweetened, and the sweet flavor was overpowering the best of the tasting notes. By the end of the glass I was enjoying it a bit more. Rum may not be for me. I'll give it a couple more chances, but I can't imagine drinking this over cognac or scotch regularly.
post #115 of 255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
You're getting a present in your next beer package.
post #116 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffthis View Post
(...)
#5 - Plantation 20th Anniversary Extra Old from Barbados (cognac producer Claude Ferrand nailed it with this).

Okay, scored a bottle of this at lunchtime, now what do I do with it?

That said, I was looking at the XO and the 5-year and I thought...let's just get one. That was surprisingly hard to do.
post #117 of 255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Okay, scored a bottle of this at lunchtime, now what do I do with it? That said, I was looking at the XO and the 5-year and I thought...let's just get one. That was surprisingly stupid in retrospect.
FTFY
post #118 of 255
Plantation XO is thoroughly awesome. Granted, my only other points of reference are Zacapa 23 and El Dorado 15, but still, enjoying it thoroughly.
post #119 of 255
Shhhhh. Keep quality sipping rum under the radar. For $40US or so, you got a world class rum. Try finding a great Cognac, Bourbon, et al at that level/price. Aged rum continues to be the forgotten step child of the spirits world, resulting in unbelievable QPRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Plantation XO is thoroughly awesome. Granted, my only other points of reference are Zacapa 23 and El Dorado 15, but still, enjoying it thoroughly.
post #120 of 255
Print off my list of favorites, including everyday ones, and buy some. After tasting them, report back to us.

Scotch and Cognac great spirits. But when it comes down to QPR, I recommend aged rum. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svd View Post
Bought my first bottle of good quality rum over the weekend. I went with Zacapa 23 based on reading this thread and the fact that my local wine shop offered few options in the high end rum class.

I don't drink a lot of liquor but when I do it is occasionally scotch or more often cognac.

I poured 2 fingers in a lowball glass. My impression of the first sip was one of cognac that had been sweetened, and the sweet flavor was overpowering the best of the tasting notes. By the end of the glass I was enjoying it a bit more.

Rum may not be for me. I'll give it a couple more chances, but I can't imagine drinking this over cognac or scotch regularly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home