or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Men Without a Country For Farinelli's Jeans Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Men Without a Country For Farinelli's Jeans Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
Just noticed these have a crotch rivet. I know it serves a functional purpose, but I've never liked the way they looked. I'll have to get used to it, I suppose.

it's a riveting experience
post #77 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
wait so are the hems locked stitched or is that just the sample?
Does it matter? I have dope roping fades on denim without chain stitched hems. I don't get the hullabaloo.
post #78 of 669
Great collab Mauro. The selvedge line looks fantastic, the cut looks great and the weave on the denim looks really tight. Would definitely make a great winter dark denim for next year. I know some peeps hate selvedge coin pocket but I don't mind. That buffalo leather patch looks awesome too.
post #79 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post
Does it matter?

I have dope roping fades on denim without chain stitched hems.

I don't get the hullabaloo.

Roping still occurs on the lock stitched hems, but it takes more of a puckered shape instead of the "rope" .

Also, the reason roping occurs is the hem twist caused by the machines that roll the hems when they chain stitch it. I'm not sure that lock stitched hems feature this.
post #80 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
Roping still occurs on the lock stitched hems, but it takes more of a puckered shape instead of the "rope" .

Also, the reason roping occurs is the hem twist caused by the machines that roll the hems when they chain stitch it. I'm not sure that lock stitched hems feature this.
Fair call. I remember who had a rant about it IIRC
post #81 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
wait so are the hems locked stitched or is that just the sample?
Yes, the hems are not chainstitched. If I'm not mistaken it was done intentionally from a historical aspect similar to how the LVC 1890 model isn't chainstitched, either. Mauro can expand on what I mean but there are more than a couple of details on the jeans that have historical value that most people would glance over without realizing. Admittedly, it was a bit out of my realm when I had it explained to me but still added to the "cool" factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post
I know some peeps hate selvedge coin pocket but I don't mind.
I'm definitely in the "hate selvage coin pockets" party train as I'm not huge on details that immediately draw attention. The coin pocket is also a bit wider than usual but the selvage line is so unique that I ended up changing my opinion on it the more I thought about it.
post #82 of 669
I figured there was a reason for that. The selvage line is very cool
post #83 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
I figured there was a reason for that.
The selvage line is very cool

yeah its definitely bolder and a needed change for my denim lineup
post #84 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosho View Post
Measurements, size run, etc. is going to be available by Friday when they go on sale! I'm working all by myself today so give me a sec gang. In the meantime, here are some fit pics on me (I usually wear size 30, and that's what I'm wearing in the pics):




I bought one quite similar, same cut , orange sewns amd dark denim last year by Paul Smith.

Never heard of those but looks pretty good.
post #85 of 669
Inseam is too short for me unfortunately. Too bad they don't all run to 34.
post #86 of 669
I just bought new black denim, I guess it's time to retire my crappy old APCs. Love it.
post #87 of 669
So will these guys be releasing some washed denim in the future? I definitely want something dark, I just don't really like raw denim. Also, longer inseams would definitely be necessary.
post #88 of 669
if i like the measurements + if u had it in black, i would buy. got too much blue denim...
post #89 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I am going to do a really nice jean for the thicker leg man after the chinos launch!

Mauro, just to clarify, do you mean there will be another MWAC x SF collabo in the future with a fuller leg? Or are you referring to a Wolf vs Goat pair?
post #90 of 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemefive View Post
Inseam is too short for me unfortunately.

Too bad they don't all run to 34.

Me too I wish they all ran ~ 34....people can hem !! I just cant wear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Men Without a Country For Farinelli's Jeans Thread